dweller on the threshold

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lolaDaydream

dweller on the threshold

Post by lolaDaydream » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:38 am

Is anyone familiar with the term"Dweller on the threshold?

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:56 pm

An invisible malevolent entity that attaches to a human being. The term was first used by Bulwer Lytton in his novel Zanoni.

In theosophical literature, Helena P. Blavatsky affirms that the Dweller is not a fictitious entity. It is the discarded astral double of an individual in a previous life that may not have fully disintegrated yet when that individual is reborn. Thus the dweller will be drawn to the new incarnated personality due to their affinity.

Van Morrison, who cites his interest in Theosophy in Rave on John Donne (see "Inarticulate Speech of the Heart"), refers to himself as a "Dweller on the Threshold" in the song of that name on the album "Beautiful Vision".

References:

Blavatsky, Helena P., Theosophical Glossary
___________. Collected Writings, Vol. XII, pp. 636-637
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dweller_on_the_threshold"

Brother-Minos

Post by Brother-Minos » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:40 am

Hey loladaydream,

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with Deborah's post, but I've never really cared for Blavatsky.
Dweller on the Threshold is the planet Saturn according to many esoteric writings; I don't know if you're around anymore to read this, so start your research there if you're so inclined and ask me what I mean if you're still around.

adam smith

dweller

Post by adam smith » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:53 pm

well some say they are love past on and come back to help and some say the are bad as bad can be but I think they could be both good or bad I like to here more to try to find out what you have older text tell something that the person go though some bad and some good so and they tell they can server you but don't count on that like it said think before you want something the price you pay may be your soul so think and look with in your self I just bet you know this dweller in some place and time in the past and they could here to help you of their own free will witch I so hope and please be carefull

you may ask in who name do you come in and in who name do you ask to be seen and heard if they don't answer in anyway them you ask them in name of the father and son you may leave me and not return

ps I know not what made me write that just now so be careful and in the lord we trust
adam smith

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”