the sleeping prophet

Do u believe in rebirth or reincarnation? Do u believe in Past Life Experience? Discuss and Know more about it here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

narf

the sleeping prophet

Post by narf » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:41 am

hey guys,
if anyone is interested theres this really interesting book on past lives about a man named Edgar Cayce 'The Sleeping Prophet"
this is one serious thought provoking read.
Basically its about a guy who lived around the 30's and 40's who would go into a self induced sleep, be given birth time and places of people,  and a question by them and would then proceed to tell them about their past lives and why the were having the problems they were facing in this life. it gives you actual case studies of his and its quite fascinating stuff.
i think theres more than one book too, though i have only have found one in my local library.
so yeah just thought id put it out there as it really opened me up to the idea of reincarnation and i have to say im a bit of a believer.
enjoy
narf

Nicole

Re: the sleeping prophet

Post by Nicole » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:53 am

narf wrote:hey guys,
if anyone is interested theres this really interesting book on past lives about a man named Edgar Cayce 'The Sleeping Prophet"

enjoy
narf
Hello, narf.  :smt006

I would be interested~!!  :)
Thank you~!!

Kelcie

Re: the sleeping prophet

Post by Kelcie » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:38 pm

narf wrote:hey guys,
this is one serious thought provoking read.
Basically its about a guy who lived around the 30's and 40's who would go into a self induced sleep, be given birth time and places of people,  and a question by them and would then proceed to tell them about their past lives and why the were having the problems they were facing in this life. it gives you actual case studies of his and its quite fascinating stuff.
i think theres more than one book too, though i have only have found one in my local library.
so yeah just thought id put it out there as it really opened me up to the idea of reincarnation and i have to say im a bit of a believer.
enjoy
narf
Hi Narf,

Yes he was truly amazing. They documented almost everything.  Funnily enough what he was doing went totally against his christian rearing.  However that did not deter him either.  He was also known to diagnose illnesses and prescribe remedies too that were not welcomed by the medical profession.  On one occasion he prescribed a concoction of what would have been fatal to any living being according to the experts but what it did result in was a truly miraculous healings.

The past lives I found were very useful in the healings he conducted too!

Kelcie :)

narf

Post by narf » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:36 am

hey,
i read one that a guy came to  him with a lot of digestive probelems. anyway in  his past life it was discovered that he was a wealthy french aristocrat who was rather glutinous in his behaviour and eventually died of obesity. edger cayce discovered that due to this past life this gentlemens spirit had chosen a body that couldnt handle certain kind of foods. therfore, as edgar pointed out, his spririt,sole whatever had learnt a valuable lesson in his past life and took action to not make the same mistakes again.
cool huh,

ligit

Post by ligit » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:15 pm

I find this very interesting, i also read a lot of information about this, but i would like to know whether they have any techniques teaching us how we can find out about our past lifes?

narf

Post by narf » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:28 am

hi,
i dont think theres anything in this book that can help you discover your own past lives.
check out other forums as ive seen some posts that give you sugestions on doing this.
good luck!
narf

theancient_dr

Post by theancient_dr » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:21 pm

If you enjoyed The Sleeping Prophet you may wish
to read Many Mansion by Gina Cereminara ---think i spelled the last name correctly----

another excellent book on reincarnation

The Phoenix Fire Mystery

peace and love to all--------theancient_dr

Psydes212

Post by Psydes212 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:15 am

Hes my favorite psychic!!!

I first saw him on the History channel when they were reviewing psychics, they named a few others from the past, but he was the one that stuck out to me the most during the show.

His predictions on the poles shifting amazes me.

Return to “Reincarnation and Past Life Experience”