Reiki Attunement Request if possible

Know more about this Japanese form of energy healing.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dheaven

Reiki Attunement Request if possible

Post by dheaven » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:04 am

Hello, I was wondering if there is anyone here doing this.

Let me know what you need and thank you :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:46 pm

It is best to be attuned in person and face to face with a Master.

Duncan

attunement

Post by Duncan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Agree totally with cedars, dheaven. Have been attuned to Reiki 2 and feel it would have been meaningless without the participation of a Master and some fellow students. Lots of laughter that way as well! Reiki is going to make a significant difference to your life and worth getting off to the right start.

Blessings

Cristal

Post by Cristal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:11 am

Well, I don't totally agree with both of you.

As a Reiki Master, attuning both, face to face and by distant attunement, I can tell you that the feedbacks are both as positive.  
Some even feel it stronger by distance!

Now, if you feel more comfortable face to face with a Master, this is a personal choice, that I can understand very well.

But for the efficiency, both are the same.

And Duncan, you are right, Reiki always changes one's life !

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

I was attuned in here, on this site, for level I and II by another member. I did not feel a thing....... and hence I did not feel empowered to do Reiki...

Furthermore, the UK Reiki Fedeation does not recognise distannt attunement, if one wants to become a member of such.

Cristal

Post by Cristal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi Cedars,

I  know, some people do not feel the energy, that's maybe your case.

But it does not mean you are not attuned and that the energy does not flow.
If the Master's good, there's no problem.

As for the UK Reiki Federation, although all the respect I have for those kind of federation, they are a bit " old fashion",  Reiki techniques, have changed and developed, That's a normal evolution.

In Reiki, as you know, we can give distant healing sessions, so, it's normal that one can send distant attunements.

Practice as much as you can, surely one day you will have the surprise to feel the energy flowing!

Love & Light

~ Cristal ~

Cristal

Post by Cristal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:58 pm

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:02 pm

I have been attune by a master face to face... And I also practise it too :)

Cristal

Post by Cristal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:06 pm

It's great !  Do you feel the energy more intensly now with a face to face attument? (what Level, The face to face attunement?)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Done I and II face to face with the same master. Heading for III soon.
As for Feeling the energy, as you should know yourself, can be sometimes subtle and sometimes intense.

Cristal

Post by Cristal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:04 pm

Well, personally, I always feel it rather strongly.
(Unless the person I'm treating does not need lots of energy)

Well, as I said, it's really a question of person, the attunement face to face seems to suit much better than a distant one.

Everybody has their own sensibility and that's very normal.

Well, congratulations for your two first attunements!
Hope you'll enjoy the Third one too!

Love & light to you

~ Cristal ~

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:30 pm

Merci Cristal,
It's been a pleasure chatting to you and I hope we can carry on doing so.

The 'energy' as you put it, decides where it needs to go on the person being treated. If I have to measure the 'energy' by the amount of heat coming from my hands (or the lack of it, for that matter) the client's feedback is always different to mine. Let me explain: where I did not feel any heat from my hands, let's say the solar plexus area of the client, I have heard the client commenting after the treatment that they felt a lot of heat coming from my hands in their solar plexus which I myself did not feel emanating. On that I am convinced that me feeling the 'energy' whether it is measured by the heat or an inner, spiritual link, is a two-way street but it does not mean that - in my experience - we should both feel it at the same time in the same area being treated.

I hope I am making my point clear?

Cristal

Post by Cristal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:46 pm

You are absolutely clear.  This is very common too. lots of practitioners report this strange phenomenon.

Lots of information can be felt with the hands though, for instance, if there's a congestion of energy, I feel pain in my hand, if there's a lack of energy, a blockage, I feel a "cold" in my hand.

That's how I can treat adequately with those information.

Do you feel it too?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Oh yes, Cristal. Especially with patients' feet area. When I feel them cold, I visualise all the colours and, in fact, I embrace the feet with both hands and after a while start feeling them warm.

One thing happened with the third eye of a person during one of our Reiki shares. Her third eye was very cold and I felt I should open it or 'energise' it. I felt from my third eye a violent light opening and not before long, I also felt the heat coming from the parient's third eye. I was satisfied. When the treatment was over, she acknowledged that her third eye was burning. I told her it wasnt for me at first, but I had to work ot it.

I have started my practice only recently; before that I used to go to Reiki Shares (and still do) to experience giving and receiving Reiki from people of different levels of attunement.  It is always good to see other peoples' 'style' and try and develop your own. I like what I have been taught by my Master, but I am also realising I am changing or adopting my own ways which I feel I should put forward in my practice. For example, we were taught not to touch, but I feel I need to touch the crown when I start the treatment. Just a gentle touch. The touching of the crown gives me the feeling of nurturing the patient/client and build a bond with them with that subtle touch of the hands. I have not felt the need so far to touch the rest of the body, except shoulders, knees and feet. I know, ethically, I ask for permission beforehand :)

Cristal

Post by Cristal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:41 pm

Oh, it's very interesting, Cedars.  In fact you're very sensitive to energy.
And you are right, follow your own intuition, it will tell you what's right for you to do.

If you feel you should touch the person, go ahead, most patients understand that. But it's strange your master told you not to touch, in Reiki, we touch! even though it's not really necessary.  I don't always touch, for I feel more things, more information, putting my hands a little bit above the person.

It's true that one can discover lots of things in Reiki shares, as well as on others than on your own feelings and sensations and the way to do things.

Another thing, when there's a congestion, it is good to do a good "sweeping" before continuing  giving energy!

Well, read you soon!

Love & light to you

~Cristal ~
Last edited by Cristal on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Reiki”