Second time this has happened to me.

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sumbum

Second time this has happened to me.

Post by sumbum » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:03 pm

About a year ago I went to Montreal with my friends for March Break. I drank a little too much and in the morning I took some pills to relieve my hang over. I started getting shakes and I closed my eyes and clear images of faces were coming to me, and changing rapidly, hundreds of different faces. It freaked me out, I thought it was just something mixing alcohol and pills together I just freaked myself out. This year for New Years I went to Montreal, and the same thing happened to me I drank too much, I took a pill in the morning and I started getting the shakes, closed my eyes and very vivid images of faces were coming to me. Was I just having a hallucenation from the alcohol and medication? Or maybe did the drug trigger something in my mind? I'm thinking it was just a hallucination but I'm not sure if something triggered something because it was very vivid, but it wasn't a dream.
live the life you love, love the life you live

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Hiyas, I know you don't need me to tell you of the dangers of drink and pills, but you are very young to be in this situation. Your liver will not yet be fully developed and so it won't be functioning at full strength and the liver is where toxins are broken down. I would say that these halleucinations were part of the hangover. Drinking so much that you get a hangover is not good, and the hangovers are pretty crap too aren't they. Do you understand why you get one? You may find that a help if you look and then see how to avoid getting one. The shakes are called the DT's (Delirium tremens) which can cause many effects such as visual and hearing disturbances, depending on the type of alcohol these can range from severe and life threatening to transient shakey hands . So in these circumstances just cut down on the drinking and you will be much better. :)
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm sure you were hallucinating because of the toxins in your body. But all hallucinations are a trigger in your mind. You probably also had a fever, as that can happen with hangovers as well. When I was a child, every time I fell ill with a fever I would have vivid hallucinations. Really, they were waking dreams. Which if you think about it--if you can dream with your eyes closed, is there really any reason you can't dream with them opened if your brain waves fall into the same pattern? Either way, you're seeing these things because you were sick, and your body was totally out of balance.

kybunker

Post by kybunker » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 pm

I agree with Light and Caithi,,, You come to find drugs do not mix well with developing psychic skills.
I mean,, what sensation do you trust when your neurons are all spastic?

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:51 pm

And if you do choose to use drugs, you should study up on them and use them safely! When I was a teenager I didn't care 'bout nuthin'. And I had some weird ass experiences myself just smoking hash and pot. Even though looking back I know that drugs could "trigger" certain areas of my psyche connected with channeling I would never use that stuff as a tool for it. Simply because, it's not a balanced way, and it's not a conscious way of discovering that stuff. If you are wondering about having psychic experiences, I suggest going the scholarly way and learning all you can through reading and asking others--find out their experiences, rather than trying to "trigger" anything in an unpredictable way. My body hates drugs, and I get hella bad panic attacks, and get hit hard on unbalances and start feeling really outta control like I'm schizophrenic. That's why I hate drug use, personally. But I definitely think that it's a good idea to understand safe drug use by being in touch with your own body and experiences, knowing your limits, and not trying to go outside of your own boundaries, and also really sticking with more natural stuff (no pills, and no mixing chemicals with chemicals). I think when we're young we don't really want to think things through so much, but really, you do have all the time in the world to explore your mind in a safer more conscious way. But as long as you learn to understand drug use very well and not abuse it nor get into sticky situations, using it for the right reasons, I'm not personally against drugs on that level at all. It's just like, always put your health and safety first, because those things are the most important to maintain for all the positive experiences you get in life.

(Haha, sorry, I feel like an old crone giving a lecture--I don't mean it that way. I'm still young, and not trying to sound like an authority figure. Ugh, just giving my two cents)

Return to “Psychic”