Sleep paralysis

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mystic_gemini82

Sleep paralysis

Post by mystic_gemini82 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 am

I have experienced sleep paralysis more than a couple dozen times. It has always been a very terrifying experience for me. I have looked up information about it and gotten my husband to help me with it. Most of the time when I would have sleep paralysis, I would make moaning noises. This was me screaming inside because I couldn't move. My husband was a Marine and a light sleeper and I was able to get him to nudge me when he heard me making noises and it would bring me out of it instantly. I am wondering if anyone knows if EMF (electromagnetic fields) would cause in increase of these sleep disturbances in someone who is sensitive to them? I had the most occurrences of sleep paralysis when I slept in a bedroom that was upstairs and pretty much surrounded by power lines. I have had trouble with nightmares and insomnia since I was a small child. I have Astor projected several times and had many lucid dreams. I have been told that my third eye is mostly open and have been aware of my empathic abilities for quite a while now. I am also a bit clairvoyant and it scares me. I am working on that though. I am just wondering if my not having a firm grasp on my abilities is having an effect on my sleep.

2 of my 4 children ages 8 and 9 are starting to have experiences of their own. My 8 year old talks to spirits and has invited them to come stay with us and my other son has had a few occurrences with astral projection and been snapped back to his body quickly which gave him a headache. I never told them of anything that I have been through and neither has any of our family before they told me of these happenings,so I knew they were really happening. I really need to be able to get a grasp on my own abilities so that when my kids come to me scared and confused I can guide them in the right direction.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Check out the notes at Mediumship Development under the Mystic Academy for some information.  What you are experiencing is the natural opening and awareness of mediumship abilities.  

You can use meditation in a more conscious state to eliminate what is happening in your sleep state.  In that way you will be alert to learn what is necessary without disturbing your sleep.

It is sort of like redesigning your schedule so that sleep is for your rest and the other activities are for your alert time in consciousness.  You may need to do some strong inner work to keep yourself in that place of comfort.

BTW the astral is really the lowest level of uneducated and undeveloped spirit existence.  Why anyone would want to go there is beyond me.  But halting any progress in that direction would be a good start for you.  You would find so much more in meditation at a higher level if you stopped this practice.

mystic_gemini82

Post by mystic_gemini82 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:36 pm

I had no idea that astral travel was a bad thing. I had never heard of it being bad but thanks for the warning. The times I have projected was not intentional. I would just snap back to my body or wake up and be like, what the hell?!! Thank you very much for your advice, it is much appreciated. I will definitely check out the info that you suggested.

Ishtar

Hey

Post by Ishtar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:25 am

:smt006

I have been trying to reach a higher state of consciousness and must say, that has helped me a lot with the uninvited visitors...

I think it is easier for a “newbie” to start or go to the astral plane than a higher plane, most of my experiences are random and usually unexpected and sometimes come of their own accord... but i suppose as you grow used to your gifts and build up your  knowledge, this get easier... at least i hope so...

Warm Blessings
:)
Ishtar
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny compared to what lies within us"

ambibambi

Post by ambibambi » Tue May 11, 2010 4:06 pm

my mom has those happen
baby**

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm

The astral plane is way to physically impressed to be a good spirit impress.  Reach higher - you will be rewarded for the efforts.
God bless, J

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:31 am

Sleep paralysis is normal. It happens to everyone, every night. Otherwise we would all be up and about physically acting out our dreams. What is happening to you is that part of your brain is waking up while the body's chemicals for paralysis are still active. There is an interruption in your sleep cycle. It is -very- scary if you do not know what's going on. I would suggest you practice good sleep hygeine! regualar bed time, not doing anything in bed besides sleeping, no heavy meals, sugar, caffeine, ect... Also, I would suggest you look to your diet to make sure you are getting proper nutrition and hydration.
When and if it does happen again, remind yourself that it's no big deal, no need for fear. You can do that because you are awake enough to know you can't move. You might wish to relax with your favorite meditation place. You will either go back to sleep or fully awaken. Understanding banishes fear!

Luis Miguel Moreno Varela

Post by Luis Miguel Moreno Varela » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:08 pm

I lived this experience a few months ago, I am sleeped in a place called "Wine fall", when i was meditated, i saw a weird spirit; the earth haved a quake and all the birds there escaped.

After that, i´m in my campament, i woke up, but i´m cannot move my body and a horse attacked my campament.

Scared...

Evard

Post by Evard » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:34 am

Did you notice the electrical power energy was more of a silent loud event than
the way it would be without proper network to your home .. and was the newer
neighborhood including dark houses.. and did you not talk about dream and the
herbs you tried or smoked .,. and if you want better aligned sleep layer of thot,
did you try not including the collection of stones or magic item you forgot about.

Try moving the place of your magic item keeping spirit energy, like an altar. . .      also meditate proper thought.    Evard

Return to “Psychic”