Is it possible to learn to be psychic??

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Fharris

Is it possible to learn to be psychic??

Post by Fharris » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:34 pm

A friend told me that everyone is psychic, they just need to learn how to access their hidden talents.

Is it possible to learn to be psychic, and if it is, where can one start? Are there 'exercises' or things to do to try and develop your skills?

Or should I tell her that she is talking crap!

- Francois

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Your friend is telling you the truth

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Francois, :smt003

Your friend is telling you the truth, and is therefore not attempting to deceive you in any manner.

I believe that we are all to a varying degree psychic, because we are each spiritual beings who are temporarily using a physical body to learn an important series of lessons which can only be easily learnt here. Our spirit bodies which occupy the same space as our physical ones have their own senses attuned to the higher frequencies of the spirit world, while our physical senses are for use in the physical world only.

In order to develop our spiritual or psychic senses further, and equally importantly learn to use them effectively to help others, special exercises are used in a development circle under the supervision of a knowledgeable and understanding teacher, and in the company of others who are also developing their own unique abilities (and can provide us with useful feedback).

While everyone possesses the entire range of these psychic senses, we tend to favour one or two over any of the others. You can determine what your particular psychic strengths are by looking back at how you have received most of your genuine psychic information in the past.

I am primarily clairaudient - I receive a great deal of my impressions in the form of words or thoughts running through my head. Other people tend to be mainly clairvoyant - they receive psychic impressions as mental pictures or images - both while dreaming and as visions while they are wide awake. Our primary psychic senses (the ones we tend to favour) are almost as unique as we are?

I would recommend therefore that you should look for a development group online usually in a chat room setup, and continue to ask questions on this forum. If there are by chance any such groups in your local area, definitely consider going.

Basically in order to be able to use your natural psychic abilities you need to learn to temporarily turn your focus away from this physical plane, and open yourself up instead to communication from another dimension of existence which constantly surrounds and interpenetrates this one. Rather like tuning out one station, in order to receive another on your TV or radio?

This spiritual dimension is our true home: not this one. It is from where we have all come, and it is to where we will all within our own allotted time return.

eye_of_tiger Image

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Read up on the Mediumship Development notes and then seek exercises to practice your own abilities.  They will open in the manner and at the level you are prepared to work on them to develop.  

It all begins with self.  Use the Tools of Your Own Consciousness to empower and strengthen body, mind and spirit as you seek spriituality as well with your psychic abilities.

starmaster

Psychic

Post by starmaster » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:47 am

We are all born with Psychic gifts but many refuse to use them . Did you know that Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Palmistry, Runes are all Psychic Tools? There are also Psychic Traing Games you can use to fine tune you Psychic abilites.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:57 pm

All psychic abilities begin with the 5 senses we use in the material world and adding 2 more (intuition - from the gut, I know - from the heart) take them to your psychic sensitivities.  As you open and become aware of these sensitivities you will find the talents opening to clairvoyance (or the clair that is your particular talent).

quinnie

Post by quinnie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:20 pm

Hey there guys..

I agree with Eye of Tiger, he has some very good points to share. ;) Don't let anyone tell you otherwise Francois, everyone has their own very unique, special, amazing & different spiritual gifts & abilities.

It's just up to you to discover them, learn about them & how to use it all to the best for YOU.

I'm still on that path of learning about my special gifts & its continual journey as it is for everyone I think.. Happy though to have joined this site as there are so much info on basically anything you need to know. So good luck!

Take care everyone.. have a blessed week!

Return to “Psychic”