Wobbly house

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MuDDld

Wobbly house

Post by MuDDld » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:26 am

In the beginning of the dream, I was in a car with my family members. Suddenly I said that I had forgotten something at home, even though we were getting late. Then my father said that I should stop by the road and continue onwards, and they would return back and get whatever I had forgotten. So we stopped, and I got down.

Then they returned, and I was on the top of a house, and then my father joined me there. Towards the back of that house, I saw a giant lion, which was very big in size, almost as big as a two story building. It was walking after a cow or some such animal, and then more lions came up. Then a giant cat followed them, and it was also as big as a two story house. I pointed this out to my father, but he didn't seem to be very surprised. Then the cat suddenly shrank in size and became a normal cat, and all the other giant animals also became their normal size. People had been passing by when the animals were giants, but they didn't seem to be scared, they just continued as if it was nothing.

In the next scene, we were at our destination, which is our present house, but it was at a different location. The whole house had been shifted to another place. Also, it was leaning towards the back a bit. I went upstairs and saw that the rooms were different, and two rooms at the top were more like a bus, with passenger seats. Then the builder of the house was sitting inside with my father and sister, and I told him the house was wobbling a bit and was also bent to one side. He said that was expected for a house that had been shifted. I said for how long will this happen, and he said it will continue for about a month, by that time the cement and stuff will dry and the house will become stable. I said you are telling this to us now?

That's all I remember.

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:28 am

Hi Muddld

Generally, the dream seems to be referring to goings on in your family structure / dynamics.  Here is what I can gather from this dream:

### The opening sequence ###

Something you have forgotten has set you on a sort of “side quest” from your greater family’s path.  You will rejoin them later.  Perhaps when you have found that which is forgotten?  But then they are going to find that which is forgotten and not you…

But it could be allegorical for an inner journey, in which case your father (wisdom) is suggesting you undertake this quest consciously.

Or externally, you are doing something separate from the rest of the family (or separating from the family?)

### The middle dream ###

You are observing a number of animals.  I believe this is detailing the change that is occurring in your family environment.  The cow, the lion, the other lions and finally the cat.  These are all in my opinion, symbolic of another family group.  The cow, the mother, the lion, the father (especially if sporting a mane), the other lions – the rest of the family group, and finally the cat, a feline, likely to be a daughter?  At first these people might seem “larger than life” in some way, you seem somewhat in awe of them, counter to the reaction of other people.  Perhaps you like the daughter – I get that feeling?  You soon come to see them as they are (them shrinking in size).

I get the feeling this maybe yet to come to pass?

### The end dream ###

The result of the changes in your family life – an upset house, the family unit has been shifted/changed, resulting in the house being unsettled / unstable.  Time will heal this, as the new “foundation” sets.

Does that ring true at all?

Cheers,
Rook

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Its great how easily you interpret dreams! Yes, that makes sense, while I was thinking that the larger animals indicated sexuality in some way. (I always think, like Freud, in sexual terms).

The cat may represent a daughter, but I don't have one, I'm not married. I recently had quarrels with my family, not major ones, but still.

Thanks!

Return to “Dream Interpretation”