"Shot-gun Wedding"

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

summercandy

"Shot-gun Wedding"

Post by summercandy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 am

Last night I had a dream where I was at a wedding of an acquaintance and while at this wedding I was involved in a gang related war where me and a bunch of gang members were shooting at each other. At the end of the "shot gun wedding" I found out that the reason I was invited to this wedding was because my father had a son with the bride's mother (making it my half-brother, but making me not related to the bride). It was weird because of the connotation of shooting, at a wedding and the point of a 'shot-gun' wedding is an unplanned pregnancy.... but there is no way I am currently pregnant. Any other dream interpretations you can think of other than the one that I came up with?

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Hmmm.  I see the shootout as more a symbol of internal conflict.  The wedding is the union of a male and female.  As you are related to the groom yet don't know them in actuality this person I see as symbolic.  I believe this wedding is actually a metaphor for what is going on in your inner life.  There is some masculine aspect that is trying to play a role in your internal workings that perhaps is coming into conflict with your femininity.  This is perhaps not that because you are female you don't like this masculine aspect, but perhaps it creates conflict because it goes against how you want to be viewed by society (eg what you want to do vs what you feel you ought to do).

What the masculine trait is I don't know.  Hard to say from this dream.  That's also if I am on the right track, which I could very well not be.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Aquo

Post by Aquo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:31 pm

shot-gun wedding, made me smile. In fact, I personally would interpret this as a shooting game scenario, but with a delicate context going together with it.
Have you ever had any similar dreams like this or this one was your first one?

Cheers

~aquo
Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. ~Thomas Alva Edison

Return to “Dream Interpretation”