Losing teeth

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

summercandy

Losing teeth

Post by summercandy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 pm

I know the very vague description of losing teeth, something about feeling self conscious but this is a very recurring dream. I have had these dreams about once a week for as long as I can remember. Is there an ever deeper meaning I can get from this since it is such a recurring dream?

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:24 am

Summercandy

Losing teeth can have a lot of meaning.  For example we lose our first set of baby teeth when we transition from being a child to an adult, so it could be related to transitional periods of life where we are "growing up".  Again losing teeth can be associated with becoming elderly so it can represent fear or negative aspects of getting older.  It depends largely on the other dream content to understand how the concept of losing teeth is being used.

If you post one of your dreams in more detail it may shed light on what the dream is trying to express.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

summercandy

Post by summercandy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks Rook,

that actually makes a lot of sense to me. I am always trying to grow up faster than I am, but at the same time I am scared to grow up. Thank you!

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:06 pm

You're welcome Summer.

Try and make the most of your youth while you can.  I have only relatively recently moved into the world of grown up responsibility and I could have enjoyed my youth a bit more than I did, but that said I certainly had my share of adventures.  Growing up is just a new adventure with it's own highs, but it has a lot more tedious boring lows.  Like dishes EVERY night.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:36 pm

A recurring dream means you have not come to understanding of the emotions involved.  Understanding the dream and dealing with your emotions surrounding it will mean it can stop playing into your mind - in various scenes.
God bless, J

Return to “Dream Interpretation”