Late for graduation

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

happyme

Late for graduation

Post by happyme » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm

I was getting ready for graduation and had my gown on and realized that I needed a pair of black shoes, and  either couldn't find mine or was searching for a pair, then I looked through the window and saw that the procession of graduates had already marched  and were now filling their seats on the stage, so i finally selected a pair of black shoes from several before me, they were shaped like loafers with a few gold colored shoelace holes for decoration. Then a photographer said he want to take a picture of me, I told him I was late, but he insisted, so I was giving a side pose for my picture and saw myself in a mirror and realized that my loafers had really high thin stilettos,  I was half fascinated with them and half wanted to change them and thought them inappropriate. The dream felt so real like it was happening and when I woke up the feelings of apprehension for being late, and my fascination and doubt of the appropriateness of my shoes still lingered with me. The area where I was able to look through the window and see the procession walking without me, and find/select  a pair black shoes, get my photo taken by the photographer and see my shoes in the mirror all happened in my grandma's living room, the graduation procession marching looked like the front of my prep school where they held their graduations.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:39 am

Putting on shoes is a symbol for entering on a path of life.  Searching for shoes and borrowing shoes doesn't seem to work.  You are going to have to take charge of where you walk into.  

Missing your graduation is a symbol of not feeling properly prepared to enter into any of the paths that are opening to you.  

You have many choices coming up into your life, be prepared and also have faith in your own abilities.
God bless, J

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:50 am

The way forward into the next phase of your life (as you are graduating); that is what I am seeing here.  As spiritalk states, the shoes are how you are walking down that next phase.  The photographer / seeing yourself in the mirror I believe is representing self-reflection - and your opinion - your shoes may be inappropriate for their purpose.

But what is the shifting of phases?  And who are the other people graduating?  It is my opinion they are either people you know, or perhaps society's / your species expectations on your life.

And the shifting of phases, I would say at your age relates to finding a means to support / build a family, or else support yourself as you 'settle'.

But then I am not a fan of living the life that society tells you to, but rather to live by the dynamic of your own life (within the laws of your society of course).  I guess it is a time to reflect on whether your shoes are going to carry you through the next phase of your life.  The dream suggests you are feeling like you are 'behind time' in where you should be (late) and that you feel your 'way forward' may not be appropriate, but is it?  Or is it just abnormal but still functional?  I don't know.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”