Dreams of Imprisonment and Disaster

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

psychoticblades

Dreams of Imprisonment and Disaster

Post by psychoticblades » Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 am

Dreams of Disaster
There was a dream I had where at least 15-30 tsunamis showed up in a single episode. Of these, two of them destroyed the planet Earth. While this dream was likely sparked by the Japanese tsunami, it's the amount of tsunamis in a single instance that continue to freak me out. If you'd like more information, let me know. All I can say is there were plenty of arcs where people tried to save humankind and recover from the inevitable end to man. The height of the tsunami was incredible, reaching to its highest height possible.

Dreams of Imprisonment
I have constant dreams where I'm in a prison cell, but this most recent one I was imprisoned because of my beliefs. Said beliefs never actually come into play but this is rare. In this dream, I was imprisoned for a pointless reason and I escaped. In the others, I was in a mental hospital trapped in precautions because of the level of my insanity. What do I make of a dream where I was imprisoned yet I get to escape?

***I'd like to start a discussion, but that can only begin with some form of analysis on my dreams. I can give my thoughts and viewpoints, but someone more specialized in analyzing dreams should give it a go as well.***

~~~I'd like to also note that in my dreams I'm immortal. It's hard to explain the reason behind this~~~

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Dreams are about your own personal unresolved emotions form the conscious state.  The symbols are there to help define these emotions to resolve them in the conscious state.  

Tsunamis are a strong force of nature that is devastating many areas of our world for real.  They are something that can and do end up playing into our fears and lack of control issues.  Specifically you feel like a lot of your life is out of your control and thereby is disastrous.  As all emotions are hightened in our teens due to many hormonal and physical changes, it is not unusual to dream the disasters of our world as a whole.  

No, you are not immortal or you would not be dreaming disaster and end of the world type of scenes to resolve your personal emotions.
God bless, J

psychoticblades

Post by psychoticblades » Wed May 04, 2011 8:58 pm

That's pretty much a given but I don't recall a dream where I legitimately died. While yes the dream "called" it death, I was still conscious of my surroundings and other types of activity in the area. At times I would even still move.

But even if what you say is true, the conscious world works much differently than the dream world, so a dream scenario that counts as me dying isn't that straight forward.

If I were to go off topic a bit, and I really shouldn't, none of these disasters actually kill me because my senses still work and I'm still consciously inside my "dream body."

Although, the concept of immortality and the like is complicated in itself, and I do not know what else to call it if it isn't immortality. Death? In what circumstances do you consider a scenario in your dream to be 'death' rather than something else?

It's not that I'm disagreeing with you here; I'm just trying to understand why you believe that dreaming of disasters and end of the world scenarios make me not immortal in them. I for one am the only person in my dreams that does not die.

However, since you know more about dream interpretation, I'd like a more detailed explanation of your thoughts regarding my "dream immortality." It's a complicated subject and I'd like to know what to equate it to if it isn't what I claim.

As for your explanation on tsunamis, that sounds about right; although, I'm technically not being restricted in any way. It's mainly my emotions that are out of control and imbalanced to the point I'm an unstable wreck. It is control over myself that I need, and control over myself that I do not have.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu May 05, 2011 1:03 pm

We are all immortal to some extent. When our body dies, we wake up to the spirit within that contains all those wonderful lesson, emotions, scenses from our earth experiences.  Death in a dream is not about relinquishing our time to experience on the earth plane before heading onward to the afterlife.  

Your questions show me that you have not considered death as a reality, which it is - life and death are just opposite sides of the same coin.  We are born to die physically.  It is the nature of our growth.  What we do in the time we are alloted and what we learn are the measure of our soul/spirit.  And that is what is immortal in all of us - the good, the bad, the ugly - we all continue to exist after death of the body.

As dreams are all about symbols, death in a dream is not a reality of your body.  Even when some people predict the death of someone around them, the death scene means something else to themselves.  Generally speaking death means endings to make room for new beginnings.  Just as there is a life after the earth life, so there is life after the death of our dreams.

The hormonal changes of our teens are some of the most confusing as well as growth we will ever endure.  Being out of control shows that truly we are never IN control.  Let life flow a little and stop trying to direct its course and you will be ever so much more comfortable and in touch with your own environment.  Spinning your wheels of control does not get the job done.  Going with the flow allows you to learn and experience - some will be fun, some will be painful - but experience it all as best you can to make it a full and complete experience.
God bless, J

psychoticblades

Post by psychoticblades » Sun May 08, 2011 4:49 am

I'll take that in stride even though I do not understand your reasoning. I'm sorry, but I just don't. In any case, it makes sense what you're saying, but I'm not saying that I myself am immortal, because death is indeed a fact of life. It's something I have just begun to learn, but I am aware of it.

Because dreams are irrational and not real, I figured it wouldn't be something too far-fetched to say. Although, I'm just beginning to wonder if my dreams mean anything other than what I'm feeling at the time.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun May 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Some people do have a lifetime of full experience in dreams.  But sometimes we need to be wary of living our life in dreams instead of the reality of day to day living.  

Some will probably be your unresolved emotions - that is a big part of the dream instinct in all of us.  And some will be random fears and emotions playing out.  Sometimes there just isn't a message and sometimes it is loud and clear.
God bless, J

Return to “Dream Interpretation”