Never able to remember my dreams

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Are you able to recall your dreams?

Yes,in detail
14%
Yes,but not all details
No votes
Sometimes only
57%
No,never recall them
29%

Total votes: 7

akkikem

Never able to remember my dreams

Post by akkikem » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi, I am 24 yrs old but as far as i can remember i have never been able to recall my dreams.Is it normal not to recall them?
First i use to think i never get any dreams then i read somewhere dreams are essential part of our sleep cycle.They help form memories
Please give your oppinions

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Dreams are about our unresolved emotions from our conscious state of mind.  If we do not remember them, perhaps we are finding other ways to deal with these emotions and do not need to dream them into understanding.  

When we understand ourselves a bit better, we will find that resolving emotions is just a part of who we are in the conscious state.  There is no harm in using the old adage to sleep on it before making a decision.  But in most cases it would still be the same decision - right or wrong - because the emotions don't change.

recycled

Post by recycled » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:27 am

I'm doing much better in remembering details.  Before I was never able to remember anything.  I've been really trying to work on meditation and "out of body experience" that my remembrance has improved greatly since the last 6 months.

akkikem

Post by akkikem » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:29 pm

spiritalk wrote:Dreams are about our unresolved emotions from our conscious state of mind.  If we do not remember them, perhaps we are finding other ways to deal with these emotions and do not need to dream them into understanding.  

When we understand ourselves a bit better, we will find that resolving emotions is just a part of who we are in the conscious state.  There is no harm in using the old adage to sleep on it before making a decision.  But in most cases it would still be the same decision - right or wrong - because the emotions don't change.

Thanks for your reply!

akkikem

Post by akkikem » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:34 pm

recycled wrote:I'm doing much better in remembering details.  Before I was never able to remember anything.  I've been really trying to work on meditation and "out of body experience" that my remembrance has improved greatly since the last 6 months.

Thanks
Will you please elaborate how exactly you improved your dream remembrance.
It will be really helpful.

akkikem

Post by akkikem » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:34 pm

thanks for the votes

recycled

Post by recycled » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:57 am

Well,  it's nothing special.  I'm basically more aware of what is happening by reading everything I can about the subject.

I've been practicing meditation techniques that works for others and studying & practicing astral travel and OBE techniques.  I think those two have really been helpful in remembering details and actually remembering more than before.  Try Robert Bruce's book,  I think it was instrumental in my case.  I used to just fall in a deep sleep. And I still do but not as often as before.    

It is not a mathematical science that can be accomplished in systematic steps.  It was more like a gradual realization that I am improving is all.  I think a meditative state is where it all begins for me.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Yes, meditation is good - but OBE techniques and Astral Travel are 2 of the most debilitating exercises you can practice!  They steal energy and do nothing to replace the loss.  And you are left in an altered mind state that is not conducive to good growth of body, mind, spirit.  This is not my writing but I concur from experience.

ASTRAL TRAVEL PITFALLS

I often see articles and comments referring to the astral plane and using this term synonymous with ‘dreaming’, ‘O.B.E.’, and ‘spiritual’ plane.  This is very misleading and incorrect.  

The main difference between any of the dimensions is the vibration frequency.  The highest frequency there is: the Eternal Unconditional Love and Light of the First Source and Centre: The Creator of All That Is.  Although all is one, the farther one gets from the Central Source, frequency drops until eventually you encounter the lowest frequency of energy – dense physical matter.

The astral plane is the lowest frequency non-physical plane.  It is where all the low vibration frequency thought forms, energies, entities exist, because they can literally only rise to the level that matches their vibration frequency.  This is also why it is relatively easy to astral travel.  

One does not need to raise their vibration frequency of Love and Light to do it, although it does help.  The problem is, the astral plane is basically the lowest of humanities negative thought forms, emotions, discarnate beings who passed away in an unconscious mindset.  This is why so many people report having problems there.  Yes, you can learn how to protect yourself, but then again, why play at this level?

Wise men throughout the ages have diligently raised their Love and Light quotients through a worldwide variety of disciplines in order to leap right over the top of this plane for the exact reasons mentioned.  Once you do this, you can and will begin to consciously work with the higher beings of Light on a personal basis.  I can guarantee you the higher dimensions are where the beings of Love, Light and Divine Wisdom reside, not the astral plane.

For all those people who have become adept at astral travel, I promise you, there is so much more beautiful ‘stuff’ in the higher dimensions awaiting you – with open arms.
God bless, J

recycled

Post by recycled » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Yes I think I can agree with you.  I do feel drained and tired the next day.  I'm after the experience which I find exhilarating.

There are negatives that is for sure.  There are ways of remembering dreams but this is a way that I have found.  As for APing,  I find the whole thing a fascinating adventure.  I'm fully aware of negative entities that are very real there.  I too would wholeheartedly recommend awareness of love and light before APing.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:06 pm

No matter how much love and light you emit, it is just an energy to be fed upon instead of used for good purpose.  It does not protect the traveller. The point is you can rise higher and put all those wonderful energies to the use of gaining knowledge for self or others.  Why play around in those levels of spirit?
God bless, J

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 am

Do you really think astral travel is all that bad? I have heard of people who actually help people who are caught in bad places raise their frequencies (ie. helping deceased spirits go into the light). I may be wrong in my interpretation of this, but I imagine this is the lower astral plane that spirits like this can be caught in. Is it really bad to be working in this astral realm if you feel called for it? I believe some people are.

Anyway, back to the topic and hand. Akkikem, I wouldn't say it's a bad thing that you don't remember your dreams. Afterall, they say that people who have emotional problems or disorders like depression, etc. remember their dreams far more frequently than people who do not. Also, I would look at your sleep patterns/sleep quality. I imagine if you are getting really consistent good sleep quality, you are really unlikely to recall your dreams. Whereas if you are someone who gets interrupted sleep patterns (sleep apnea, insomnia, etc.) anything that disrupts the normal sleep process, you are much more likely to wake out of a dream state, and because the dream is so fresh in your mind, you will recall it. But also, if you don't sleep long hours, you won't dream as much, since your sleep cycles get longer the longer you sleep. So people talk about remembering their dreams more if they sleep in longer. I think a lot of it has to do with either waking directly from the dream you will later recall, or the length of dreaming you experience in a single cycle (which increases the more hours you stay asleep).

So, one thing I might try if you want to remember your dreams (this may sound strange) Try setting an alarm at various points of the night. You might find the right time to wake yourself up where you wake from a dream and recall it. Make sure you have pen and paper on hand though, because if you don't write it down, and you fall back asleep, you are sure to forget it again!

But also meditating on it could help. Set yourself an intention each night to recall a dream and meditate on it nightly before you fall asleep. Eventually it may pay off. But again, remember to keep pen and paper beside your bed!

recycled

Post by recycled » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:35 am

spiritalk wrote:No matter how much love and light you emit, it is just an energy to be fed upon instead of used for good purpose.  It does not protect the traveller. The point is you can rise higher and put all those wonderful energies to the use of gaining knowledge for self or others.  Why play around in those levels of spirit?
As said,  I find it exciting and exhilarating.  I'm still exploring but I would be interested in other forms you mention.  I don't want to hijack the thread with this AT subject from the original poster :smt051

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Yes, there are people called upon to do 'rescue' work which is what helping stuck spirit is all about.  I have found that angels really show their stuff in that realm.  But we are not disembodied, nor are we angels, so it is important to remember that when just traveling and fooling around.  The old adage: Be careful what you ask for, for surely you will receive it seems to be at play here.  

Most good living and all children rise to the 3rd level of the afterlife on death of the physical body.  So the spirit within us on the earth plane is attaining to that level of spirit understanding.  That is the realm from which spirit come to guide us and lead us into those lessons of spirituality and help us through all things we put ourselves into through curiosity or lack of understanding.  

When seeking your own spirit guide (and you will have one if you are creative and think from your sensitivities at all) it is important to reach this level of spirituality and not get stuck in the lower realms of astral.  That is what attunement processes are all about.
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Exercises in leaving the consciousness open and even waking yourself from sleep can cause mental disruptions.  The consciousness is intended to rest and dreams are mostly about our unresolved emotions from the conscious state, so setting yourself up may be disruptive to your mental and spirit calm.
God bless, J

CuriousMe

Post by CuriousMe » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:15 pm

@spiritalk
i realize this isnt the original topic and i apologize to the original poster that i have no real valuable input to give, but spiritalk could you elaborate on the attunement processes you mentioned? What is there purpose, how are they done? that sort of thing.

Thanks in advance! I ask because i've alwasy been curious about astral projection and if your strong recommendation is to skip right over that level then i'd like to know what my best bet is :)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”