constant fear of pregnancy in dreams

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

apfelstrudel

constant fear of pregnancy in dreams

Post by apfelstrudel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:02 am

I've had many dreams in which I get impregnated by all sorts of men and in each case, I'm terrified of what will happen to my future.  There's never a point where I noticeably see the baby growing, though, nor did I ever give birth in my dreams.  Could it mean something more?

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 am

This might be totally off, but do you have any kind of anxiety issues? Or do you feel you have a tendency to avoid new opportunities out of fear of unfamiliarity? Maybe you have a tendency to shut out new ideas when they present themselves to you, for some kind of fear you are hanging onto.

Generally, I find recurrent themes in dreams (not recurring dreams per se, but just the same theme in many dreams) can quite simply tell us something very fundamental about our personality at the point of our life we are currently living.

So perhaps, for one reason or another, you are feeling held back by something you are holding onto. You won't allow yourself to be swept away by new ideas or else opportunities. So these dreams might be a good indication for you to reflect on that further and discover for yourself what exactly it is holding you back.

Let me know if this helps, or else if you feel it pertain to you at all.

apfelstrudel

Post by apfelstrudel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:11 am

Err, well I'm not really anxious about anything I can recall.  But I guess I don't like taking new opportunities since it might disrupt what I'm already working hard on.  I feel that opening up something new will have to put forth a lot more effort and cause me to fail on the current things.

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:18 pm

It seems like your dreams could indicate at least a subconscious desire to overcome the idea that new opportunities are something to be avoided. But, perhaps like being certain about who a woman desires to have a child with, it's also important to you that you find "the right one" you will want to stick with long term. In fact, maybe that is why you don't take those opportunities--you don't want to take one that would disrupt or distract from your real purpose in life. It doesn't sound like a negative or positive dream telling you to do something different than what you're already doing, just one representing this state you're in.

solisill

Post by solisill » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 pm

the explanation of this dream seems easy enough, do you have a fear of pregnancy?  In today's age where everybody in the world is having sex with multiple partners and starting at very young ages, sure you would expect people to have a fear of pregnancy, and of contracting std's because they are choosing to live such a life style.  Therefore, i would probably say this is due to your fear of getting pregnant and it ruining your life.  Here i would like to point out that modern science has no idea or conception of how an individuals thoughts effects the birth of their child.  Therefore, individuals who do not wish to give birth to a child will indeed give birth to children who are "less divine".  Thus, ancient priests used to advice women to remain chaste and pure before marriage so they could give birth to heroes of the future, and again why christ, krishna and others are thought to have been conceived by virgins.  Thus, if mankind continues in the direction they are going in, things such as "genetic disorders" will rise drastically.  This mostly being a manifestation of the fear you yourself seem to possess about not wanting to give birth.  Thus, since more and more people nowadays don't look forward to giving birth, this thinking will more and more work its way from the thought or astral plane to the material or physical plane.  This again having to do with the ancient Indian, or hermetic idea of thought working its way into action.  Thus, this kind of thinking will work its way into the actions of men, and it will grow harder and harder for man to give birth and then to raise their child because this kind of thinking is sinking into our minds in current times.  Of course scientists think that the ancient prophets and sages were stupid men who due to great ambition made up stories to control the masses, yet they were real men of wisdom and understanding far more so than the arrogant scientists of today who are hypnotized by their material conceptions as the summit of mankind, yet in reality they are the real fools.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Dreams are 90-something % about our unresolved emotions from our conscious state.  They are given in symbols to help us understand at a deeper level the meanings of these dreams.  Pregnancy is the birth of new ideas.  The reason you do not see birth is the fears of stepping onward and upward into these opportunities.  And it would appear that the subconscious, at least, is trying to help you grow into acceptance of the opportunities that life is offering to your own personal growth.  Stilling the emotions and stepping up would eliminate the need for these dreams in your mind.  

There is seldom any reality to the dreams.  But fears manifest readily as symbols to help you define what you wish to do in the conscious state.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”