bear dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sajtion

bear dream

Post by sajtion » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 am

i dreamt i was in a cave with a bear and it cuddled with me. what does it mean?

laurabee86

Post by laurabee86 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Native American Animal Symbolism (Bear)
Bear symbolizes introspection and intuition blended with instinct.

The Lakota Sioux call Bear “Tob Tob.” To this tribe, Bear is a symbol of wisdom. This animal reveals the interrelationship between the person within the environment of creation, personal truth within the clan and the universe. Bear helps people recognize personal truth and when to stand up for rights and when to walk away.

According to Chippewa tradition, the grizzly, Mudjekeewis, is the Spirit Keeper of the West. This totem symbolizes introspection and strength and imparts inner knowledge that makes it possible for people to seek alternative paths to their goals.

Celtic Symbolism of Bear
Like Wild Boar, Bear is both female and male; however Bear’s powers are the same for both genders. The Celtic people had two goddesses who shapeshifted into a bear, Andarta and Artio, names derived from “Art,” the Celtic word for bear. The male counterpart of Bear is associated with King Arthur.

Art symbolizes the blending of intuition with instinct, which is in accordance with Native Americans' belief. S/he represents primal power and autonomy. Art defends people with fierceness from all dangers. S/he imparts the ability to use intuition to find truth. Strength or primal power and intuition merge into one uniting star and animal powers under the auspices of this power animal.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”