Violent war dreams recently

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

amalimrock

Violent war dreams recently

Post by amalimrock » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:37 am

I've been having a lot of violent dreams lately, and honestly, I was a pro-violence person before, but only until I got into spirituality. So basically, I wanna know whether this is a past life insight or a future insight or just my suppressed subconscious

My most recent violent dream was about a war, somewhere in China or Japan. It kinda switches back and forward with a play portraying the war and the actual war itself. I took form of a little kid or had the point of view of a kid. There was a woman at that moment, she told me to run away, and don't get hurt. then the scene switched into the play scene, depicting a lot of manslaughter with war, there was one part (might be symbolic) where there was a man who walked out of a bloody portal. And then the scene switched back again, where the same woman was. She hugged the kid, then yelled "Go! Run away from here!" then a few gunshots and slashes were heard, then the woman became motionless. The girl screamed "NO! DON'T DIE!!" and then there was a blood splatter washed across her face when the slash was heard, then more blood splatter and then the kid screamed "I barely got to know you!" and then another dead carcass fell from the behind to the left, then it switched back to the play, this time the scene looks like it's covered in yellow goo? Then I just ran, and ran, back into my room then woke up.

There was another one which took place in New York, but at first I was supposed to be on holiday with my family with a celebrity group (Jonas Brothers, not a fan of them, don't really like their image, but I won't say I hate 'em till I know them, and they appeared I think twice in my head, being portrayed as nice funny boys) and then I was imagining inside my imagining head what I would tell them about me (my vocal fry stuff and wanting a rock/metal band) then there was a sort of newsflash about this race? but then the end part of it, in New York got cut off, because, according to the newsreporter, the government was unleashing a superweapon, it was a terrorist woman, who looks a bit Indian (not saying I'm racist or anything, but this IS a dream) and she was holding an unusual weapon which is black (I think it's made out of diamond) then she went on a manslaugther, lorries driving all over the place a bit like a kamikaze, and then roofs falling on civillians etc... and I woke up

there was also another one, it was supposed to have something to do with crabs? (but it didn't really look like a crab in my dream, looks like a lobster/mollusc combo) and then it was supposed to be walking away or something, then a pelican or another hunting bird came down and wanted to eat it, but, it didn't swoop the crab away, it broke the shell, and then slurped up the bloody insides (I dot realize that crabs in real life aren't meant to be bloody) and I heard the crab moan like an "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" and then it was struggling to survive (it also turned pale) and then died.

I'd really love to hear insights of my weird and violent dreams

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:36 am

I know its annoying to bump posts...but really, I want answers to a post I made 3 days ago

sweetsunray

Re: Violent war dreams recently

Post by sweetsunray » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:14 pm

amalimrock wrote:I've been having a lot of violent dreams lately, and honestly, I was a pro-violence person before, but only until I got into spirituality. So basically, I wanna know whether this is a past life insight or a future insight or just my suppressed subconscious
I think (and this is just personal) you are going through a phase of significant change and upheaval... a period where you are forced to say goodbye to how you used to know personal life and what it will be. These changes are not always welcomed by you or others, evoke aggressive reactions from both you and your environment... I think it means that you yourself are in a state of emotional/mental war.
amalimrock wrote:My most recent violent dream was about a war, somewhere in China or Japan. It kinda switches back and forward with a play portraying the war and the actual war itself. I took form of a little kid or had the point of view of a kid. There was a woman at that moment, she told me to run away, and don't get hurt. then the scene switched into the play scene, depicting a lot of manslaughter with war, there was one part (might be symbolic) where there was a man who walked out of a bloody portal. And then the scene switched back again, where the same woman was. She hugged the kid, then yelled "Go! Run away from here!" then a few gunshots and slashes were heard, then the woman became motionless. The girl screamed "NO! DON'T DIE!!" and then there was a blood splatter washed across her face when the slash was heard, then more blood splatter and then the kid screamed "I barely got to know you!" and then another dead carcass fell from the behind to the left, then it switched back to the play, this time the scene looks like it's covered in yellow goo? Then I just ran, and ran, back into my room then woke up.

The dream is trying to tell you there's not a real war going on... it switches to a play once in a while. You don't need to be scared of ending up hurt for real.

A child often portrays the innocent, youthful, ever happy part of you. But children grow up and lose their innocence. And growing up is not always pleasant: arguments, fights, conflict are a natural part of the process, even if unpleasant. Not only do you experience this growing up as a violent process, you see it as an alien process... as if you suddenly ended up in an unknown environment where nothing makes sense anymore.

The woman in the dream takes almost the role of a mother towards the child and orders the child away from this life conflict: once you grow up, the grown up replaces the child. There is no place for the innocent gay child here. Don't worry though... it will never totally disappear, the innocence. It will just get another place within you.

It seems as if you mostly experienced the dream from the child's pov. This would suggest that you're trying to remain a child and you see growing up as negative, and your teenhood as a very upheaving violent period in life.

In the end it's the grown-up version of yourself, the woman, who dies, even before you barely got to know her (got to know this new self). Perhaps it is time to let go of the child and to get to know the woman in yourself?

amalimrock wrote:There was another one which took place in New York, but at first I was supposed to be on holiday with my family with a celebrity group (Jonas Brothers, not a fan of them, don't really like their image, but I won't say I hate 'em till I know them, and they appeared I think twice in my head, being portrayed as nice funny boys) and then I was imagining inside my imagining head what I would tell them about me (my vocal fry stuff and wanting a rock/metal band) then there was a sort of newsflash about this race? but then the end part of it, in New York got cut off, because, according to the newsreporter, the government was unleashing a superweapon, it was a terrorist woman, who looks a bit Indian (not saying I'm racist or anything, but this IS a dream) and she was holding an unusual weapon which is black (I think it's made out of diamond) then she went on a manslaugther, lorries driving all over the place a bit like a kamikaze, and then roofs falling on civillians etc... and I woke up
Here you start out in the dream as if you're supposed to spend time with your family... a family trip. On the other hand the band stands for ideals of making yourself known in the world, putting your own stamp in the world, making your own life. The conflict thus is about being part of the family as a child and at the same time becoming your own person and doing your own stuff.

You could see the government as the represenation of authority, just like your parents are an authority in your life. So, the conflict evokes a reaction from your family, from the authorities in your direct life, who see your alteration as an alien threat and cut the commencement of independence short with a superweapon.

I would rather think the terrorist woman is a representation of yourself within that conflict. Terrorists act the way they act partly out of frustration and feeling repressed and disempowered, and lash out against their environment which they associate with the authority they feel represses them. They feel they need to do this in order to be free. However, this overly aggressive reaction is not helpful nor constructive.

Do you have a lot of conflicts with your parents lately? If you were scared in the prior dream of growing up and seeing it as an alien, violent and scary process, imagine how it might scare your parents and family. Like you they don't want to lose their child. Try to see they are mostly just surprised and worried and care about you, even if they don't always express that in a manner you like. Don't worry, they can't lock you up for the rest of your life and keep you from making your own life. Instead they can become a helpful and supportive force, if you are able to be understanding of their own fears for you.
amalimrock wrote:there was also another one, it was supposed to have something to do with crabs? (but it didn't really look like a crab in my dream, looks like a lobster/mollusc combo) and then it was supposed to be walking away or something, then a pelican or another hunting bird came down and wanted to eat it, but, it didn't swoop the crab away, it broke the shell, and then slurped up the bloody insides (I dot realize that crabs in real life aren't meant to be bloody) and I heard the crab moan like an "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" and then it was struggling to survive (it also turned pale) and then died.
A crab can keep clinging onto stuff. But most significantly in this image is the breaking of the crab's shell. Both the pelican and the crab's shell point to "being sheltered", but most significantly freeing you from that shelter. That is obviously a painful and frightening period. But to be free, you will have to come out of that protective shell. It makes me wonder whether your mother (the nurturing pelican) has said or decided something that agrees with your normal desire to be free but at the same time makes you fear you'll lose your previous shelter you had as a child.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”