Dreams/reality of floating and being pulled up in the air and severe screaming

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

vn_phi

Dreams/reality of floating and being pulled up in the air and severe screaming

Post by vn_phi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:50 pm

Hello there im posting this msg as i am quite worried about the events that have taken place, I am curious as to why its happening, Ive been trying to find out answers but the internet doesnt seem to help so I looked on google and found this astonishing website

so here what happened....

I went to bed late yesterday about 3am and later on in the night and in my sleep i felt something trying to pull me in the air ( like a spirit or something i dont know what it was) - this is as real as it ever gets I could see my whole room my bed and everything around me

It felt like my body was being forced to rise in the air n float but I tried pulling myself back, and the worse thing was i cant tell if it was a dream or real because I started screaming loudly trying to stop whatever it was from occurring and get myself out, and even my sisters next door to me asked me why i was screaming in the middle of the night n opened the door?

I am heavily connected to God and i'm a heavy snorer (as ive bin told by my mates) but im worried about the signs as the same thing happens, not always, but every now and again in my life.... I want to know why cos it really is distressing and even though im not scared to watch horror films this is probably the scariest thing i've ever experienced. I am worried about sleeping at night now because the last time it happened i kindof new it was a nightmare but this time it felt like i was in reality

Plz let me know what you think
Kind regards xxx

JelliedJonquil

Post by JelliedJonquil » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:22 am

Personally I think you had an OOBE "Out Of Body Experience".  I understand your fears especially if you didn't understand why it happened.  I'd urge you to read up about it so that you know what to expect if it happens again.

I'm sorry your first time was terrifying, hopefully next with more understanding and more knowledge it won't be as terrifying.

good luck.

JJ
Faith in oneself to believe in faith to believe in oneself.  JJ

tommyc

Post by tommyc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:23 pm

hey vn_phi the same thing has been happening to me for sometime now although i never scream i am able to shake myself free and wake up.  I am not sure what its all about but i can say that i don't like the feeling of being awake floating and not being able to move. its a pretty frightening experience that happens at random.

if anyone has any ideas as to the cause of this please us know thanks.

newmoongina

Post by newmoongina » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:44 pm

This is an attempt of your spirit to have an out of body experience. I've had it too. If you leave your body, you can perform astral projection or lucid dreaming. But if you don't like it and don't wish to experience it this is what you do:
1. don't go to sleep absolutely exhausted it seems to bring it on
2. When in this state relax, don't panic, just let go and see what happens if you want to , your spirit will return to your body it always does.
3. If you believe in God then say a prayer, out loud, say "Dear God, I do not want to consiously know when I leave and enter my body, I want the transition to be smoother please when I enter sleep and my soul wants to travel, I will experience a good smooth sleeping pattern, uninterrupted by my spirit leaving to join with others during my sleep" This is just an example, you can say whatever you like along those lines.
4. Do not eat a huge meal before going to sleep.
5. Be grounded just before going to sleep, that means picture anything mentally that makes you feel solid and connected to the earth like a large oak tree and visualise the roots sinking deep into the earth, and these roots are connected to you.
6, and think positive thoughts, don't dwell on the negative, this tends to make your soul on an unconscious level wish to leave when you sleep.

Jayce

?

Post by Jayce » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:58 am

Hello, I just registered on here just to reply to this thread.
Well I just experienced something strange, that I have never experienced before:

I went to be around 3:30 am and I was thinking/dreaming about my day at work.. and then all of a sudden it felt real and I was thinking that I want to fly for some reason... and then everything was black. Soon I woke up I guess and it felt as if I was floating up into the air! There was also a loud noise that kept on getting louder. I was floating higher toward the ceiling kinda like being pulled and was kinda scared so I called my sisters name, but my voice wasn't very loud. And I couldnt really control my body, then I thought about something I dont know and it felt as if I was coming back down and the noise faded. Now I cannot sleep.. I dont know if I was dreaming or if it was real.

Has someone else experienced it or have any information about what happened?

Return to “Dream Interpretation”