taking a shot at interpreting my dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

tristakc

taking a shot at interpreting my dream

Post by tristakc » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:27 pm

last night I dreamed that I was changing my 6month old son's diaper. And he was a girl.. I freaked out to my husband and told him we had to change his name because he wasn’t a boy like we had thought. My husband called somebody and changed his name to Lola. But after that I said "wait no this isn’t right I remember him being a boy" and all the sudden he grew his penis back, and the "tip" fell off.. Horrified I put it in a bag of ice to take to the hospital to have it sewn back on. So we got in our van and headed to the hospital. Halfway their I remembered I had to work. So my husband dropped me off and was supposed to take our son to the hospital himself. Later my husband stopped by my work which was an ice cream shop and told me he went somewhere else instead... i FREAKED out and asked where the heck is the bag ill do it myself. But then it turned out he lost the bag and that was the end of the dream..

what I get from this is it has to do with my feelings of the relationship between my husband and  i. possiably on the issue of trust but the fact that my son turned into a girl and then a boy, but a part of his groin fell off, makes me think it could also have to do with my feelings on the "male" and "female" aspects on our relationship with the idea that it’s his job to go out and provide and it’s my job to take care of the kids. or it could be less meaningful and it could represent my worrys about my sons circumsion -it wasnt done that well and his foreskin is growing back-
how does that sound..any input? :)

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:51 pm

hi Krista,

the penis represents the male aspect, and power, i would say from this dream that you may feel unsupported and without power within yourself.

there are things that need to be done in life and you may feel insecure about your ability to do these adequately.

the whole dream as an anxiety running through it which is already reflected in your life, so you may feel things are a little out of control, might i say that as you have a young son this is not too unusual. lol

please note in the dream you freaked out a couple of times but got on with the job of living.

the hospital denotes a place of care and support by the way

hope this helps trista
Regards
D

floraw

Post by floraw » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:28 pm

wow, it's so complicated to have an interpretation of the dreams here. i wonder about the concepts ( from freud, from jung, i don't know) the person gets, and also the daily remains, i mean, the things we relate but the psychologist disregards, since it is just memories from the things that happenned during the day..

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:08 pm

hi floraw,

carl jung developed the archetypal references for personalites, however the original references are thousands of years old and are today commonly known as the zodiac. many have tried to modify these references only to complicate them rather than simplify.

as to dream symbology neither freud, who in particular has been successfully usurped, nor jung can claim the origin. the rem sleep state usually takes reference to a daily input of information and the individuals relating to that, but the delta state is fully acknowledged to be separate from that. dream symboloby however has a very real and common base, psychologist, hypnotherapists, dream interpreters, shamans etc all have a common reference for the symbols that is actually pretty accurate or it would be impossible to work out. the variations in interpretation of these symbols is new and often bought forward as a money maker book. most are very straight forward and as an inner dialogue will represent an aspect of personality rather than situation, but it is an aspect that is usually being challenged currently by the dreamer.

there are prophesy dreams and these do not bear interpreting and have a different quality for the dreamer. it is all too incorrect to assume that all dreams are the product of daily activity only, there are mulititudes of sleep study findings to support the different states and the different types of information related to those states

the more famous dream interpreter in the modern history would, however, be edgar caysey. his extensive information related to dream psychology included an awareness of an inner dialogue.

warm regards
d

Return to “Dream Interpretation”