An old dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Chooky

An old dream

Post by Chooky » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:34 pm

I would like someone to try and interpret this dream, it happened when I was about 15, so quite sometime ago, and has always stayed very vivid in my mind.

I was in a bar of a very fancy hotel, talking to a friend and having a couple of drinks, when someone came in and announced that he would be here soon.  I asked my friend who it was that everyone was waiting around for and he said Jimi Hendrix.  Everyone kept on waiting and then suddenly in burst a whole bunch of bikies on their bikes, everyone just dropped to the ground and tried to find a safe haven as such while they came in and tore the place up, I am pretty sure I hid behind the bar with my friend.

The next scene of the dream was, I was up behind my house (we lived on the edge of bushland)  trying to hide from this gang, and I thought I had found a really good hiding place, underneath a massive fallen down tree, and then I heard that distinctive whistle when you are trying to get someones attention, and I looked around and then looked up and this gang are all sitting up in the trees, with their guns aimed at me, ready to fire...at this point I woke up!!

It was just a very bizarre dream, and if someone could help me interpret it it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chooky

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:34 am

I believe that these dreams were symptoms of your own feelings of insecurity as a young and relatively inexperienced person of 15.

Dreaming of violence directed towards yourself suggests to me that you either fear certain personal qualities as seen in other people (and represented by the members of the bikie gangs in your dreams), or alternately specific aspects of your own personality which you were unable to yet fully come to terms with at such a tender age.

Just as in your waking life, other people can serve as mirrors to show us important things we need to learn about ourselves. We reflect or project our own fears and insecurities on to other people, whether we are dreaming, or whether instead we are wide awake? We must gradually learn to openly confront and deal with our fears in a balanced manner, instead of constantly hiding away from them?

Since this type of dream is now a thing of the past, you somehow managed to get this far with your feelings of personal security still relatively intact. Since the messages contained within those dreams all those years ago are no longer of as much relevance to your present changed circumstances as a more mature adult, they probably disappeared by themselves along with your teenage acne.  

:smt002  :smt002  :smt023

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:03 am

Thanks Eye_of_Tiger

That makes perfect sense, it was too long ago, to really remember what was going on in my life at the times.

You have been very helpful to me this week!!!
Thankyou...have a good rest of the week!

Chooky

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:54 am

You are always most welcome, and thank you sincerely for your feedback and kind words of appreciation.

Have a really great rest of the week, from my family to your own!!!!!!

eye_of_tigerImage

Return to “Dream Interpretation”