Humbling Dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kayemwarren

Humbling Dream

Post by kayemwarren » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:17 am

This is a dream I had at the beginning of the year. It was a nightmare for me, oddly thought it is not something I have dwelt on even though Mt. Etna practically sits in my backyard.

When Mt. Etna erupts it is both beautiful and terrifying. I was on a group outing visiting an orange grove. Someone behind me pointed shouting that Etna was erupting, I turned to look. Any spectacle that Etna had put on before was nothing compared to the sight that I was witnessing now. Something was terribly wrong.

The sky which had been a startling blue gradually turned an inky black. Under my feet the earth rumbled and quaked. Great ribbons of lava blossomed, undulating down the base of Etna. The peak of this prodigious mountain was on fire. With a last pronounced effort, the mountain caved in upon itself.

As wicked black plumes of smoke bowled towards where we all were standing, there was an unexpressed acceptance that this was undeniably the end. An intense roaring filled my ears, the force hurling me backwards, and yet a soft warm breeze touched my face. Everything was moving in slow motion, I watched families reaching to hug one another as they turned to ash. Then I closed my eyes, a profound and indescribable peace filled me. My final thought was “So this is the conclusion of my life.”

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:47 am

I have to say the way you told this is beautifully written, are you a writer?

I am not as good as a with dream interpretations now,  but to me volcanoes can represent your emotions, something lying dormant  could you be bottling your own inner emotions up, but the eruption in the dream speaks and says you are worried about your own inner emotions erupting? the colours going darker (from blue to black), was there something happening at the time to make you feel emotionally drained? that may have shook you up (the earth rumbled and quaked))? the mountain caving in signifies something around you caving in.  But maybe you felt at the time that the eruption was inevitable, that you needed to express your self whatever was there so then you could feel at peace.

the conclusion line
a profound and indescribable peace filled me. My final thought was “So this is the conclusion of my life.”
, to me says that letting the emotions that you have suppressed out, would help you feel at peace and bring a chapter to an end.

Is there more hidden message to this dream, are you holding yourself back, instead of bottling it up, let it out slowly, or being as it was at the start of the year, is this time past now?

Maybe my friend Rook, will have more indepth interpretation on this dream,? as I am out of practice with the dreams :)

Namaste
SpiritWhisperer.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:10 am

Hi Kaye and SW

I think Spiritwhisperer is bang on the mark with her interpretation here.  The only thing I am not sure about is whether it is emotion or not.  It depends on how you interpret the symbol of the lava and fire.  Fire is a symbol of spirit, so it could be related to spiritual energy, in particular that associated with Kundalini energy (which I don't know a LOT about, if this fits the bill you would probably want to find someone who knows more about this) in regards to the cleansing fire and feeling of peace and serenity that follows after the eruption.

Or it could certainly be hot anger that has been building up, in relation to your family (the images of the families embracing and being burnt away).  It could be leading to the end in a relationship / family environment?  Does that make any sense?

Cheers,
Rook

Return to “Dream Interpretation”