Tiny Visions

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mnrjpf99

Tiny Visions

Post by mnrjpf99 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:29 am

This has been bothering me for a little while now.
Sometimes when I am sitting on my sofa, I will close my eyes and sort of drift off. Sometimes I have short dreams but other times I have a vision of being with someone I have never seen before. In the visions the person could be doing anything from driving to eating lunch. The visions seem to be in present times.The visions are very vivid. I could describe what the person was doing and wearing or what ever. The visions are like 2 second movie clips without sound. So far none of the people have interacted with me. It's like they don't even know I am there. It's like I am stepping into someones life or something.
It's a very strange experience.
Could it be that I am "taking little trips" and don't even know it?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Visual hallucinations or mind trips

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 am

Hi,

Our minds are like computers in that they like to take in a lot of sensory information at any given time. They simply cannot get enough input, or get it fast enough.

When we are wide awake and going about our daily activities the mind is constantly bombarded with sensory experiences, of a visual, auditory and other senses nature, WHICH DIRECTLY CORRESPOND TO SOMETHING WHICH ACTUALLY EXISTS IN OUR SHARED REALITY.

When you put your hand on a hot stove the pain is real, as well as the stove itself on which your hand is presently being painfully roasted. You had better believe it is real fast, and quickly take the appropriate action to stop it from roasting all the way to blackness.

OUCH!!!!!!!!

But when you are lightly relaxed, just going off to sleep, just waking up or in one of many different altered states of consciousness including meditation and hypnosis, the sensory information progressively gets less until it disappears during sleep or unconsciousness.

So our mind which likes lots of this information coming in all of the time gets bored, and starts giving us sensory experiences which have no basis in our shared reality.

Sensing something which is really not there or does not exist is called an hallucination. Hallucinations can be visual. You will either see colors, shapes, objects or even people in your mind's eye, or some people experience them as being outside themselves as solid as we are, in what looks like the real world but is not.

A visual hallucination of people "seen" behind your closed eye lids may or may not go on to become and merge with a dream, or may be the beginnings of you developing true clairvoyance or mediumship.

In most cases however it simply remains a pleasant trip into our own mind's ability to create the illusion of reality, because of its addiction to wanting to process more and more input. If it cannot get any real sensory input, it makes it up. It may or may not include genuine psychic information from an alternate reality other than our own.

Hoping that this helps,

EoT  :smt015

Rohiniranjan

Re: Visual hallucinations or mind trips

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:07 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:Hi,

Our minds are like computers in that they like to take in a lot of sensory information at any given time. They simply cannot get enough input, or get it fast enough.

When we are wide awake and going about our daily activities the mind is constantly bombarded with sensory experiences, of a visual, auditory and other senses nature, WHICH DIRECTLY CORRESPOND TO SOMETHING WHICH ACTUALLY EXISTS IN OUR SHARED REALITY.

When you put your hand on a hot stove the pain is real, as well as the stove itself on which your hand is presently being painfully roasted. You had better believe it is real fast, and quickly take the appropriate action to stop it from roasting all the way to blackness.

OUCH!!!!!!!!

But when you are lightly relaxed, just going off to sleep, just waking up or in one of many different altered states of consciousness including meditation and hypnosis, the sensory information progressively gets less until it disappears during sleep or unconsciousness.

So our mind which likes lots of this information coming in all of the time gets bored, and starts giving us sensory experiences which have no basis in our shared reality.

Sensing something which is really not there or does not exist is called an hallucination. Hallucinations can be visual. You will either see colors, shapes, objects or even people in your mind's eye, or some people experience them as being outside themselves as solid as we are, in what looks like the real world but is not.

A visual hallucination of people "seen" behind your closed eye lids may or may not go on to become and merge with a dream, or may be the beginnings of you developing true clairvoyance or mediumship.

In most cases however it simply remains a pleasant trip into our own mind's ability to create the illusion of reality, because of its addiction to wanting to process more and more input. If it cannot get any real sensory input, it makes it up. It may or may not include genuine psychic information from an alternate reality other than our own.

Hoping that this helps,

EoT  :smt015
Dear EoT,

Very nicely stated and summarized! One minor point (emboldened): The sensory information though dulled and removed from the state of awareness during sleep and dreams, does not completely go away. It probably gets pushed to the background but there is some *awareness* that still continues to monitor! This is why we wake up to the alarm clock. This is why when a mother is in deep slumber, wakes up immediately when her infant cries, etc,

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:52 pm

Very nicely stated and summarized! One minor point (emboldened): The sensory information though dulled and removed from the state of awareness during sleep and dreams, does not completely go away. It probably gets pushed to the background but there is some *awareness* that still continues to monitor! This is why we wake up to the alarm clock. This is why when a mother is in deep slumber, wakes up immediately when her infant cries, etc,
Rohiniranjan,

I stand corrected on this minor point of detail.

Consciousness is progressively and significantly reduced, but a certain amount of it always remains to stand watch over us.

One wonders then where consciousness is pushed into.

Exactly where that background our conscious awareness is pushed into is located.

Standing outside and a certain distance away from or above our physical bodies, but always observing for when it needs to be quickly restored?

What is your belief about this?

Thanks,

EoT  :smt003

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:10 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Rohiniranjan,

I stand corrected on this minor point of detail.

Consciousness is progressively and significantly reduced, but a certain amount of it always remains to stand watch over us.

One wonders then where consciousness is pushed into.

Exactly where that background our conscious awareness is pushed into is located.

Standing outside and a certain distance away from or above our physical bodies, but always observing for when it needs to be quickly restored?

What is your belief about this?

Thanks,

EoT  :smt003
Tiny Visions, indeed...!  :smt004

Since you asked me, pointedly, my dear EoT!

It is given to each of us at birth and as I see it is known to some as "Witness self"

Some spend oodles of TIME, trying to catch it, others STOP doing so and simply HOLD STILL and let IT catch our attention instead...!

Isn't that what meditation is really ALL about?

Love, Light, Reality?

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Dream Interpretation”