dream about stalking and kidnapping

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cherry88

dream about stalking and kidnapping

Post by cherry88 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 pm

So last night and this morning I had 2 dreams, the first one was about me being stalked by some african taxi driver ... I stepped in a cab with him once and ever since then this guy was stalking and chasing me telling me he's never going to let me go. He was following me everywhere and I was hiding from him. Luckily he didn't catch me in that dream. For some reason I was somewhere in a flat and I called my mother and woke up.

When I fell back asleep later on I dreamed about a white man and a black woman that had a child together and her name was Imelda (  I swear I do NOT know anyone by that name, nor have I ever seen that couple  ) their daughter was kidnapped ... it was very sad and frightening at least that;s how I felt , I really don't remember much after I woke up.

Can somebody please explain what this dream means.

thanks in advance,
Cherry

cherry88

Post by cherry88 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:21 pm

I woud like to add that I am a black woman myself, could it be that it has something to do with my ancestors or the guy I was dating before ??

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

You may have victimisation or loss of your own power issues with men

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi Cherry,

I believe that these dreams refer to the guy whom you were dating before, especially if he did not want to let go of you and wanted to keep you all to himself. This is mainly a psychological dream, where your inner fears and insecurities about men in general, are expressing themselves in the symbol of the taxi driver.

A taxi is a means of public transport which is completely controlled by an unknown person to the dreamer. Still the dreamer must trust in the care and the knowledge of the driver to get her safely to her chosen destination.

In the dream a taxi symbolize the fact that the dreamer may sometimes have to go to a place without necessarily knowing the exact means and ways of getting there, or equally importantly what she will do when she eventually gets there.

This is not so much a physical place but rather it is a point which you are hoping to reach within your close relationships, where you can finally trust that the man you are with will not walk out on or desert you when you need him most.

The black taxi driver constantly chasing you in your dream suggests to me that as a result of negative experiences with men in the past that you find it extremely difficult to trust them and therefore feel nervous and highly insecure in the presence of any man who shows a romantic interest in you.

The second part of the same dream (not two separate entirely independent dreams) about the white man and the black woman and the child Imelda could possibly be about your attitudes towards interracial relationships or marriage (your having a white partner).

However it is more likely in my opinion to be your dreaming mind saying that you have victimization or loss of power issues, for that is what kidnapping in dreams is thought to represent in one's waking life.

You may feel like you are a victim of cold, insensitive, immature and naturally unfaithful men? You might feel that you have no right to express your own opinions, and that your male partner always has complete control over you.

What you think, feel or say does not really seem to matter to him? It is always only about his needs being satisfied. Your needs, dreams and ambitions simply do not count.  :smt009

It is the same theme of you effectively placing your life, safety, security and feminine emotions (woman's heart) completely in someone else's male hands.

A man who still badly needs to earn your trust through his actions and not only through his (may be empty?) words, before you will be able and willing to give yourself over fully to him, feeling reasonably confident that he will not let you down or desert you, through both the good and the bad times.

You want to settle down and have children with him, but you need to know that he will always be there for you and for your son or daughter. It sounds as though you have had a man or several men in your past who had serious issues of their own committing to only one woman (you).

You are therefore understandably constantly on the look out for any signs that history is repeating itself when it comes to a man being unfaithful to you. That I think is why you just cannot seem to completely shake off or escape from the black taxi driver in your dream.

He (the taxi driver) symbolizes your worst fears and feelings of insecurity about any man you will have a relationship in the future, that ALL MEN MUST EVENTUALLY BE UNFAITHFUL AND THEREFORE UNTRUSTWORTHY TO YOU.

You similarly cannot completely shake off or escape from your worst fears and feelings of insecurity and cynicism about any man whom you want to have a relationship with, or who shows that he wants to have a relationship with you. Is every man only looking for a one night stand?

Do these insights assist you to better interpret the most likely meaning (s) of this particular type of confusing dream?

Blessings,

eye_of_tiger Image

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Our dreams are about our emotional well being.  The symbols (people, places, things) are all designed to identify the fears to resolve them in the conscioius state.  

It would appear there is some concerns around white and black mix.  Perhaps personal fears of being drawn into relationships with different people.
God bless, J

Return to “Dream Interpretation”