Eating Food

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Eating Food

Post by swetha » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 pm

I had a dream the other day that I was eating food. The food was bland  but I was enjoying it since I was hungry( the same that I had eaten that night) and I was asking 2-3 of my employees to come and eat. My husband is watching a movie and he is asking me to come join him. What does this signify?

WinterRain

Contentment

Post by WinterRain » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Contentment and sharing in the fruit of your labors.

Celestial

Re: Eating Food

Post by Celestial » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:19 pm

swetha wrote:I had a dream the other day that I was eating food. The food was bland  but I was enjoying it since I was hungry( the same that I had eaten that night) and I was asking 2-3 of my employees to come and eat. My husband is watching a movie and he is asking me to come join him. What does this signify?

Very warm greetings, Swetha!

Concerning your dream, food is that which is essential to life. Sustenance is a must, therefore, even though the food was bland (meaning no real interesting points) you nevertheless invited company or those you associate with regularly to share in the meal and that is to say you like sharing the moments of life that you are enjoying. Your husband beckons you to go and also participate in something that is enjoyable and entertaining.

So, all in all and intuitively speaking, you are generally satisfied with life's essentials and like to share aspects of your life with others as well as share the good times with your husband which to sum it up, was a great dream that more people should have!

Before I conclude, I send you wonderful radiations of ♥ and great wishes for a beautiful day!
With God's blessings of Compassion, Peace, Joy, and Love,
Celestial

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:51 pm

The dream can signify how you nourish your employees.  There could be some distraction from hubby that you may be concerned could turn to jealousies of your actions with the employees.  You are a very nourchuring soul and a balancing act is important in your life.
God bless, J

ElizVanZee

Post by ElizVanZee » Fri May 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Food in dreams is simply a symbolical way of referring to “food for thought” – to ideas that can give you some emotional satisfaction (because food makes the body feel good). If the food was bland, it would indicate that the ideas you have available to think about are not very interesting or exciting on a mental level but you are seemingly enjoying these ideas because they serve a basic need for emotional level satisfaction. (the body was hungry)The fact that the food being eaten was similar to what was eaten the previous night adds a reality factor to the issue of a lack of interesting, stimulating thoughts or ideas in your life.  

Sharing the food with some employees can suggest that you are literally willing to share the ideas that give you emotional satisfaction with the employees – but again you are not offering them anything very interesting. More importantly, the employees also represent a psychological aspect of yourself which functions on the principle that it pays you on a psychological level to please or serve your own needs or requirements. (as you are their boss) You seem to be questioning nurturing this idea (asking them to come and eat), seeing this as a negative idea when instead it could be quite a positive idea. (2 or 3 employees)  

Your husband represents your mind and when using all your intelligence, you appear to be mentally entertained by your own self illusions. (husband is watching a movie) [In this scene one such illusion seems to be that you are happy or content with the food for thought you have provided yourself with. Note how you “enjoy” the bland food,] Mentally you might question your participation in such self illusions.

[It can be significant that while you feed the employees in this dream, you do not feed your husband. This would indicate that you are only nurturing the emotional aspects of yourself but not your own mind. Another point here is that when people eat together they usually have some kind of conversation – they share thoughts. What the scene shows you possibly sharing with your husband is a movie – not conversation.]

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 am

Thanks for the great inputs!

Return to “Dream Interpretation”