Is overutilization dangerous...?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

Is overutilization dangerous...?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Following introduction of humans to the burgeoning phenomenon of cyber-realm which began in the pre-internet decade (after telecommunications became available to consumers) and then the internet, due to the ready availability and dramatic reduction in costs of computers and satellite links and technology, human beings have become gluttons for divinatory readings and show ravenous appetites for the same pretty much everywhere!

Now, like any other human pursuit, habit and dependence, the spectrum is quite variable. Some seekers sample the offerings responsibly and even sparingly (and benefit from the advice), others go a bit or even excessively overboard! The latter, for instance sometimes get a bit overenthusiastic, even greedy and overindulge...? The end-result is that they like consumers (literally!) at 'fusion buffets' eat a bit too much and get indigestion (confusion!). I notice that in the Vedic astrology sector quite a bit but the same might be the case in other divinatory craft areas as well! :-)

Confusion leads to indecisions and even wrong decisions...?

To that end, I applaud this forum which actively enforces how frequently a member can request a reading and similar measures!

It is rather interesting how similar the two 'gut-related' pursuits are: Readings and eating!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Well speaking with my tarot hat on, I agree. I have some customers that request more and more frequently. Then there is the one reading that never finishes, the feedback, the side questions, the ongoing changes to the original question and so on, and on, and on. These need great tact and a firm hand. Not so bad when on a well moderated forum like this as it might never occur. Or when each reading (elsewhere of course) requires a fee before accessing the reader, but the binge aspect can still be a problem.

I would love to do a survey and find out if the over indulging was weight related, perhaps more personality causing both though?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

"Psychic Dependency: Are You Addicted?"

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:07 pm

I would love to do a survey and find out if the over indulging was weight related, perhaps more personality causing both though?
Talia,

I had never thought of it quite this way, but you may have a point.

Are you suggesting that the same addictive personality which leads to someone overindulging in food, could also cause them to become a reading junkie?

Their character tendency to never be satisfied with what they already have and so want more and more of it, may extend into other areas of their life in addition to their addiction to food?

Not sure how you would conduct such a survey, as attempting to keep every other factor which could potentially influence the results simultaneously constant and create a valid control group (scientific method) would definitely be challenging, but even without a scientific survey to support your working hypothesis, it is both an interesting and thought provoking theory nevertheless.

"Psychic Dependency:  Are You Addicted?" by Jessica

http://www.psychic-readings-guide.com/p ... dency.html

EoT

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Are you suggesting that the same addictive personality which leads to someone overindulging in food, could also cause them to become a reading junkie?

Yes, I suppose I am. We know that there are certain personality and physical as well as mental conditions that can contribute to over indulgence/overeating. Of course impossible to really survey, or even discuss politely without possibly causing someone offence?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Talia wrote:

Yes, I suppose I am. We know that there are certain personality and physical as well as mental conditions that can contribute to over indulgence/overeating. Of course impossible to really survey, or even discuss politely without possibly causing someone offence?
Do you think that the second house would be a good place to start...? The nexus of succor...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Well you are the expert there, perhaps there is scope in the twelve house too though?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Talia wrote:Well you are the expert there, perhaps there is scope in the twelve house too though?
Hardly an expert, Talia...! <LOL>

I was meditating on Freud, naturally and astrological perspectives. Although sceptics would call astrology our belief (and indeed a belief that invokes fear in many hearts!).

Did you mean the 12th house as in 'pre-planning'?

Pre-natal planning is what I mean (as hinted at in the writings of Montgomery and Cayce) and the context referred to in the 'geocentric-Arrogance' thread in the astrology thought-pot! I am avoiding the term, "cauldron"! &nbsp;:smt002
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “General Discussion”