The power of a SMILE :-)

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

The power of a SMILE :-)

Post by swetha » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:08 am

how powerful do you feel a smile is? I never realized the true potential till a few days ago. I had been to a place for natural healing for my aches and pains....and everyone from the maids to the doctors always had a smile on their face no matter the time of day... As Rhuto said when I told him this... that it must have felt like heaven on this earth...

And my husband made a point as to if it at all is possible in this daily rat race of stress and tension.... But it left a wonderful impact on me...Maybe I can try to the best of my ability to make atleast one person smile in a day...

What do u feel.... is it possible?

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:21 am

Dear Swetha,

Smile Power

Like a flower with a pleasant scent, your smile can draw people close enough to see inside you. That's Smile Power. A smile has the power to radiate the qualities that make you beautiful on the inside - kindness, friendship, honesty, respect, patience, and self-control.

Give smiles away like flowers. Let your smile be an invitation for others to get to know the great person behind the smile. Then let people see that your smile doesn't stop at your mouth. It goes all the way to your heart.

Be like a flower. Let your Smile Power bloom!

Dr. Fulton recognizes that patients have greater needs than straight teeth. She and her team are committed to letting each patient know that he or she is more than just an orthodontic case. Every patient is treated with respect, compassion and sensitivity to his or her individuality.

Through her personal interaction with her patients, Dr. Fulton emphasizes the importance of personal excellence. She is especially devoted to promoting positive qualities of character in children - an expression of inner beauty she calls Smile Power.

Young people are exposed to millions of messages about who they are and how they should relate to others. Many of those messages do little to encourage the development of characteristics such as kindness, courtesy, honesty and self-control. In both words and actions, the people in Dr. Fulton's office seek to exemplify Smile Power while encouraging patients of all ages to do the same.

Dr. Fulton and her orthodontic team work to promote a family atmosphere in her office that makes each patient feel valued. Children enjoy the warmth and personal interest that Dr. Fulton and her assistants demonstrate. Adults appreciate the personalized care they receive as their case progresses. A commitment to serving the patient with excellence and understanding is the cornerstone of Dr. Fulton's practice.
Enter Smiling

What is the best way to walk into a crowded room by yourself? The answer is simple: take something very important with you - a smile.

Wearing a smile when you are among strangers is the best way to invite them to get to know you. A smile sends a message that you are friendly and easy to like. It tells people that you have a positive outlook and that you are smiling and attractive on the inside. Your face is the first thing people look at when they meet you for the first time, so why not let it advertise what a great person you are? Why not turn on your Smile Power?

The Bible says, "Don't depend on things like fancy hairdos or gold jewelry or expensive clothes to make you look beautiful. Be beautiful in your heart by being gentle and quiet. This kind of beauty will last, and God considers it very special" (1 Peter 3:3-4; Contemporary English Version).

Now let's talk about using Smile Power in a room full of strangers. Do you know how to mingle? It's really not that hard, especially if the first thing that people see is a smile on your face. Look around the room until you see a group of people who look interesting - looking for other smiles is a good place to start. When you spot a group of friendly looking people, go up to them and say, "Hi." Then tell them your name. You may want to ask a question, such as, "I'm new to this place. What should I do to be a part of what's happening here?" People love to give advice, so you will give them a chance to be friendly toward you if you ask a question like this.

If you find that this group is unfriendly or doesn't share your interests, tell them it was nice meeting them and move on. Sooner or later you'll find people whom you want to be around and who will welcome you to their group. The secret is letting your Smile Power shine through.
Kindness: Your Inner Smile

"Beauty, unaccompanied by virtue, is as a flower without perfume."
-- French Proverb

Virtue is an "old-fashioned" term that means moral excellence or goodness. A virtuous person possesses certain character traits, or values, that society considers worthy of admiration. Honesty, compassion, courage and kindness are some of the values that make us good in the eyes of others.

Like a flower with an pleasant scent, people who exhibit virtue in their daily lives attract admirers. They are respected by their friends and family, valued by their employer and embraced by their community. They make the world a better place. People who are beautiful on the outside may be pleasing to look at, but people with inner beauty leave a sweet fragrance in the lives of everyone they meet.

Of all the different values a person can possess, kindness is a special quality that generates tremendous power. It uplifts heavy hearts, brightens dark situations, heals hurt feelings. Hatred and anger are no match for the power of kindness. And perhaps best of all, every act of kindness gives you a warm glow in your heart that nothing else can match. You are best to yourself when you are good to others.

Being kind doesn't require much effort. In fact, the smallest acts of kindness often mean the most. Letting someone go ahead of you in line, writing a note to a discouraged friend, offering to do a simple chore for a family member - kindness is a gift of great value that costs you very little.

Remember, kindness is an excellent measure of your smile power.

Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.

-- Ian MacLaren
Words of Wisdom

"The greater thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in which direction we are moving." -Oliver W. Holmes

A smile is a curve that helps to set things straight.

If you meet a man who has no smile, give him yours.

"Happiness equals discipline and confidence" - Benjamin Franklin

"Little crocodile ...
How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws"
- Lewis Carroll

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:16 am

Dear Swetha,

I really like this post very much. Let me share my views .

A smile is the number one feature that makes people attractive. It's a welcome mat. It's what makes folks approachable. People with a great smiles radiate a warmth that draws others to them instantly. A smile sends a message that you are friendly and easy to like. It tells people that you have a positive outlook and that you are smiling and attractive on the inside. Your face is the first thing people look at when they meet you for the first time, so why not let it advertise what a great person you are? Why not turn on your Smile Power?

Human being is   the only creature who is  gifted with this powerful tool called  "Smile."  among all  the creatures  which are created by GOD. No animal can smile and  can show its kindness . So we must utilize it properly. I confidently say Smile has tremendous power. . So I used to tell my friends to have smile on their faces, whenever it is possible.  Because,  One of my friends taught me  the importance of  smile 2 years back. Before that I never used to have a smiley look in my photos. I started smiling in  photos  very recently, and I myself is able to notice the  real changes now. I look very good when I smile.

I used to greet my husband daily saying good morning with a smile., while getting up from my bed.   ( who ever  I see in the morning ) I can confidently say it is bringing him  (them) some sort of happiness. It is reflected in their face when they  re- wish me.  We can easily make some one happy daily through  our smile. If  we practice this daily we can spread the happiness where ever we are. Smile enhances beauty. Smile keeps u healthy and young . If u can bring smile in to the face of atleast one person daily,  really,  i can say , U are helping humanity. This is a great service to mankind.  I wish U success in this  dear Swetha. Let us all try this too.

Love and warm wishes,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:59 am

I make it a practice to smile daily at people I don't know, will never know. You never know how much good you are doing that person. Smiling is infectious, and it does wonderful things for the people you give it to. It costs you nothing, only takes a second or two and is good for both the giver and the receiver. Coupled with a sincere "Thank you", a simple smile can change the world for the better in a most powerful way. :D

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Smiles are infectious.  Let's all catch one.  

So also are the grumps and frowns.  How would we like our world to respond?
God bless, J

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:09 pm

smile is necessary, at times. read this.

http://www.mysticprofession.com/mystic- ... kplace.pdf
I'm weird

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:30 am

great article :)

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 am

I apologize for not reading all posts, in case that what I say has been posted before. It is scientifically proven that smiling produces chemicals in the brain, chemicals which infuse happiness. So, if ever you are sad and begin smiling, your state will change. Smiling is also associated to positivity, and this can really help someone practicing white magic. One black thought in your casting process and the whole result will be reversed.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 pm

thanks Dionysus for the very base fact about what makes us smile. not that we didn't know it. but never gave it a consideration while talking about smile.

I've read your posts, especially in the Capital Punishment thread. you don't sound like a 17 year old teenager. are you gifted or what?!
I'm weird

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:24 pm

ConfusedMind wrote:thanks Dionysus for the very base fact about what makes us smile. not that we didn't know it. but never gave it a consideration while talking about smile.

I've read your posts, especially in the Capital Punishment thread. you don't sound like a 17 year old teenager. are you gifted or what?!
First, I would like to point out that I did not say what MAKES us smile, but what HAPPENS biologically when we smile.
To answer your question, I'm just a normal teenager with an everlasting affinity for the spiritual. And when you ask me if I'm gifted: are you sarcastic or is that how you really think of me? If you are not pulling my leg, thanks for the compliment, but no, I don't consier myself gifted.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:53 am

no Dionysus, neither was I pulling your leg, nor did i really mean that you are gifted. you know that you are not. in fact i just came across the phrase somewhere in this site that says so many things all about gift and giftedness. i was so influenced that I used the phrase. I find you understand how the body, mind and smile works. so, i guess you will understand what made me use this phrase.

regarding the smile thing. -- you said about the bodily mechanism following the act of smiling. you know, something or the other happens to cause the hormones or ingredients react in a way that you feel like smiling or laughing. so, something 'makes' us smile. and that smile 'cause' something, which are all very good. there are some biological reactions in-between you read a joke and laugh, and also between you laugh and your heart is stronger. ain't it? just as love is nothing but the game of pituitary. ain't it?
I'm weird

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:15 am

I want 2 share one experience of the power of smile from my personal record.when i was small(not so small i must b in class 7) i was very naughty once i broke the expensive flower vase of my neighbour.he became very angry and came out to scold me.but i apologize him with a smiling face, suddenly his mood changed instead of scolding he gave advice not to play there and play in the play ground.from this incident i came to know the power of smile.the power of smile can solve many problems in life.so now i always keep smiling

SethMandel

Post by SethMandel » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:06 am

Smiling has the unique function of simply allowing everything to be. That's why it seems to solve so many problems. It's not that the smile did anything. Actually the smile does nothing, and allows your physiology and energy to do the same. That's the secret to its profound magic. When you smile and allow things to be, you'll notice that oddly, everything, including your own actions and micro-actions, body language, and speech, align to harmony.

Kimmee

Post by Kimmee » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:20 pm

When I try to smile at someone to make them feel better or welcome, it seems like they get creeped out. Am I just smiling wrong? LOL!

I'm not ugly but when I smile it's like it makes me feel bad which makes the room around me feel bad. Or maybe it's just because it's fake. :smt009

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:30 am

When we smile with our mouth, it tends to go into the eyes (windows to the soul) as well.  Perhaps practicing your smile with sincerity will help it be positive and enlightening to all who see it?
God bless, J

Return to “General Discussion”