WHY DO WE SHOUT

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

WHY DO WE SHOUT

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:14 am

‘Why do we shout in anger?’ A saint asked his disciples, ‘Why do we shout in anger? Why do people shout at each other when they are upset?’

His disciples thought for a while, one of them said, ‘Because we lose our calm, we shout for that.’

‘But, why do you shout when the other person is just next to you?’ asked the saint. ‘Isn’t it possible to speak to him or her with a soft voice? Why do you shout at a person when you’re angry?’

Disciples gave some other answers but none satisfied the saint. Finally he explained, ‘When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other through that great distance.’

Then the saint asked, ‘What happens when two people fall in love? They don’t shout at each other but talk softly, why? Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is very small…’

The saint continued, ‘When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that’s all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.

‘MORAL’ said the saint: ‘When you argue do not let your hearts get distant, do not say words that distance each other more, else there will come a day when the distance is so great that you will not find the path to return!’.

mangosun

Beautiful!

Post by mangosun » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:31 pm

:smt008 What a beautiful thought! Thank you for posting it. I will share this as its message is so powerful! Take care, ~jules

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:53 am

nice post. distance between hearts makes people shout. agreed. I was wondering, isn't this the very same reason that can make you silent?

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:38 am

paradox and truth go hand in hand

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:38 pm

truth is so hard at times that you need paradoxes and innuendos to bring them in light.

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:42 am

Beautiful post Pravin.

I once read "When I want to be heard, I whisper "
this is so true when we whisper people move forward to hear what you said.
When we shout people recoil and are not comfortable hearing what was said.

saikikudh

Post by saikikudh » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:40 pm

wow. nice thought.

i almost never shout, so my heart must be very close to the other persons??

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:44 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

not meant to reach an end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQWszrZH ... re=related

FaceValue

Post by FaceValue » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:43 am

Aye, and yet two people who love each other very much can still shout. It's a matter of which way you prefer to look at it.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:15 am

this is a very beautiful thought. shouting, loud screaming... does put off people..

FairyQueen

Post by FairyQueen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:36 am

I don't believe it. Shouting or yelling generates a feeling of repulsion in me. I can not even argue when people yell so frantically. I find it highly unsophisticated and disgraceful both in personal and professional lives.

Elgina

Post by Elgina » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:49 am

Well Ferry Queen, this is your nature and an inherent characteristic you are born with... What you call unsophisticated may be somebody's way of expressing himself or herself.... You can simply avoid somebody's franticness but, can judge being aggressive...

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 am

fairyqueen, your whisper will not reach the cab-driver's ear on the opposite route. you have to shout.

all of a sudden you feel a hurting scratch since the kitten has pounced on you playfully. don't you scream?

is it too tough to understand that shouting often have a meaning. it is more a language than an expression. yes, you may not feel like arguing with someone who shouts at you. but, one does not shout just because he/she faces arguments.

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:25 am

:smt006
I found this topic very interesting as I go through.We all shout either in anger or in despair.shouting does not make all things right still we do.We does not always shout at the mistakes of other but mistakes made by us also makes us shout.
for ex-if we give some work to some one else and it is not done properly then only we :smt014  :smt014 .The actual mistake lies there.So do not depend on others all the time .If we do not depend on others then only we will not shout.This is my theory after all. :smt003

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:18 pm

i shout when i am angry , i shout when i am happy , i shout when a lot of people are talking at once  and i shout when i am in the market . but when i argue i always shout because that creates the mood .

when i argue i shout and i beat the table . and even if i laugh at that time i laugh loudly . that makes me and our friends happy.

and after wards we go out to have tea together shouting and quite happy . and i do not think our hearts fall apart as a result , but feel a great sense of comradeship in the shouting .

MEN WOULD ALWAYS SHOUT . he he . :)

Return to “General Discussion”