How does someone know you are a mystic?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sunray14

How does someone know you are a mystic?

Post by sunray14 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:05 am

My husband and I took a trip last month to see his aunt and uncle.  They are both mystics.  His uncle is also a shaman.  His aunt kept bringing up things about me that only I knew. During that time, I was going through a spiritual crisis and was unhappy with the religion I grew up with.  While we were there, we celebrated the solstice with a ritual (my first ritual).  That's when they knew I was a natural witch, a mystic.  How can they tell, but I can't? Would my religious upbringing be supressing that?

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 am

Hi Sunray,

I was moved to replie.  You asked "How can they tell, but I can't? " It might have been the way you spoke or acted during the ritual?  I'm just guessing.  Maybe in your heart you don't feel like a mystic. So that is why you can't see it.  Or it might not be the time in your life. When it is to be, you will see whatever it is to be.

"Would my religious upbringing be supressing that?"  In my case I found that my religious upbringing was supressing my spirit. So that the free flow was a bit restricted.  Although I was taught one way, in my heart I felt drawn to another path. And I would find myself doubting myself. Does this make sense?

In the end you are what you choose.   And I truly believe that we all have the the gifts. Some are just still waiting to be unwrapped. :)  Best of luck!

Safe Journey

Crow

sunray14

Post by sunray14 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 am

Crow

Thank you so much for your reply.  You make perfect sense.  The one question I've always had when I was growing up was,"there are so many cultures, religions, and beliefs, how can one be better than the other?"  Over a month ago we left the chuch we belonged to and it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Since then my mind is overflowing with thoughts and it gets to be overwhelming.  I have my good days and my bad days.  I am certain that my good days will increase once my heart opens up more.

Many thanks!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Free will choices and exercising our own best good gets put into boxes of religious thought we join in a church group.  Our philosophies of life are broader than that tight fit, so expand and know you can choose your life experiences as you go along.  

Spirituality is right within our own heart.  Expanding the heart to open to new experiences is a measure of growth.
God bless, J

bryanskrantz

Post by bryanskrantz » Sat May 01, 2010 12:41 am

In the eyes of the source, we are all mystics.  There are possibilities that we humans posses that, when unlocked can be considered miraculous.

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Wed May 05, 2010 6:03 am

Psychics (if the right term) are usually able to sense one another, some when they look at people are able to see colours and the states of the subtle aura layers, others are able to hear tones when they are near other gifted people, it can even be a gut feeling.

Being esoteric them selves they have experienced states of mind or have seen visions that others haven't. These experiences fostered over years allow them to perceive potentiality. One thing i will say is what has been said to your does not mean that you have to be that which has been said to you.

Its your choice to develop your mind as you see fit, this stuff that has been said doesn't mean that that is what you are. In reality a witch is a hex casting, energy stealing, potion brewing psychic stereotype.
This potential you have is latent yes, and you get to choose what type of mystic you want to be if so you choose.

DragonKnight

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm

well, talking about breadth and tight fit , i actually defined my religion according to myself . an example of free thinking . :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Identifying your own religious thought is a step toward free thinking.  Taking into account our spirituality is another step toward understanding our own free thinking.
God bless, J

Evard

Post by Evard » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Interesting dialogue. Stereotype and free thought. OK I'll try good n bad.
Ya Wicca was a populist over popular modernist new pag0n uh bandwagn.
I like the druids myself. If you can get away from (or with) Natural ~ aum
practice.. and I don't believe the dam(iana)ed populist hooey about adept,
nor coven report so and so had powers you can see it on an herb. Owell@

Now good. Or bad. Or more positive at least. Free thought to consider you
as you are and the blessing of positive light older powers with the saying..
All powers are combined the Henotheist Lah of Pagan Light.. Be bless will!!
Many follow populist tradition there are a Wicca Pantheon.. well, there are
the Celtic Pantheon ..  and the Finnish Pantheon .. and Greek , Roman , @
Sumerian (Sumeran , Sumaran) , Egyptian , Egyptan , Tibean , Heechen ,
There are the Old Gods the Nordic the Babylonian and Babalian and others
who all make up Modern Henotheism.. Pagan was described during druidic
reformation as those who worship or give prayer lesser gods than the One
Almighty Overseer.. Whoever among 5~7 it was to each Monotheism. Huh.

I did digress. If yer mystic.. be good.. be a healer of the mind. If they are
so called mystic and revel in Pag0n or Pagas.. I don't recommend Pagas..
They did nurturalize the blood sacrifice.. along time ago.. without caring B.

I will give up on good and bad.. Be Good,. don't be Good.. take care of on
Premise Enliten.. Yourself.. or Save the Planet and Gods Be Willing.. Peace.

Free Thought: I'm a free minded New Druid (urban) with alotta issues. Heh.
I see myself as the enlightened protector of the Earth's ecology and A High
Summoner Pax of the Light of Lah~ New Henotheis Anchrosit. uh Pantheon.
aum Summon. I also stink like I'm the object of Reika and I smoke tobacco.

I don't really care about populist dandery and band-wagon~ing. ;) Phla~n.i+
Follow the path untrained.. and learn alot about The Mystic of Consciousness.

Thanks for the rant.  BlessedB.  Evard.   and Dragon: you sound like games.  tee`hee.  nPax  aomen.

akashasmiles

Post by akashasmiles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:45 pm

All people are natural witches. there isn't anything unnatural about being a witch. Most people are brought up in a restrictive religious environment aren't going to be able to see it because that's what they're taught. You broke out of that mind set and should be proud!!

Return to “General Discussion”