Enlightenment and Ascension

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

amalimrock

Enlightenment and Ascension

Post by amalimrock » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:30 am

What does one experience when they are enlightened, and how will they know if they are enlightened?

Also, what are the ways of becoming enlightened?

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:19 am

"An incredibly powerful storehouse of psychic energy, sometimes called Shakti, symbolized as a coiled, sleeping serpent at the base of the spine ("Kundal" means 'curl'). Once awakened it uncoils and ascends through the spinal column (in the psychic channel, Sushumana) to the Sahasrara (the masculine Crown Chakra) at the top of the head, and triggers a transcendent spiritual state. Repeated experiences produce enlightenment."

I guess enlightenment is experiencing ones self as a being of light. We all come from the light and have slowed part of our self down to a vibration dense enough to become physical. We have forgotten our light nature so I guess enlightenment would be remembering and activating this, and also infusing the physical body with light energy, protecting and healing it. Also shining light on issues and problems. Light would have a nature as the the higher self which knows only bliss. So it would be an experience free of all duality, just simple bliss.

Yoga can help achieve a greater level of enlightenment. There are eight limbs of yoga. The first is 'hatha' the physical followed by 'raja' the mind yoga. The order is very important as the first develops the body as an instrument for the spirit and a temple for the soul. The body is developed and becomes a tool for the mind yoga, and going out of order can be dangerous.  

"the body bows itself into greater maturation [...], none of which should be considered mere stretching excercises"

The first thing learned in hatha yoga is how to breath properly using all of the lungs so the body can get enough oxygen to do all the things it needs to do without having to priorities by vital necessity. Then enough oxygen can get to the brain for it to be able to think at a much higher level and be aware of how to do all sorts of things properly. Also if the lungs get enough oxygen they can burn toxins and dead cells out in the crematory of the lungs. This helps for be able to do the stretches and other straining exercises with less pain.

Babies know how to breath properly, and generally how to lead less stressful lives. A baby inhales slowly a complete breath fully expanding the lungs. Then holds it briefly as long as is comfortable. Then exhales slowly all the way, and again holds the contraction as long as is comfortable and repeats. As we grow older we generally forget how to do things properly and pick up on the bad habits of those around us.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:37 pm

All success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.  

We are on the earth plane to learn lessons of spirituality.  All our successes or failures color our soul to the degree of the lesson learned (or not) and we are in a place to judge ourselves and correct our course at any time.

Enlightenment and Ascension are about the rising of the soul qualities.  It takes our own efforts at learning to make us a better (or not) person.  We not only learn a lesson, we must live the resulting value of the lesson.  Hard work on self gets us the reward of our own enlightenment.
Last edited by spiritalk on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sidchowdary

hey

Post by sidchowdary » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:35 am

once ur enlightened the earthly pleasures like money , or all other things will not bother u and u will start seeing things in diffrent ways

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:41 pm

As long as we are in the material vibration (earth plane) we will be drawn to all kinds of distractions.  Even with enlightenment, we will still have to choose between the material and the spiritual.  It is the eternal struggle to learn and grow in spirituality.

sdurio

Post by sdurio » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:19 pm

A way that I have started to see that I am enlightened is that I am giving thanks more. I've been giving thanks for both material and spiritual accomplishments that have and have not yet happened. So far I feel that giving thanks is a good beginning, but you should also keeps your mind open to more creative avenues.

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:11 am

That is interesting. I also have found enlightenment comes when you give service to your fullest, forgiving others and letting go, and also acheiving balance and oneness

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:53 am

spiritalk wrote:As long as we are in the material vibration (earth plane) we will be drawn to all kinds of distractions.  Even with enlightenment, we will still have to choose between the material and the spiritual.  It is the eternal struggle to learn and grow in spirituality.
It's called balance. It brings polarities into harmony and they begin to compliment each other. Maybe a distraction is simply something that needs focus to the exclusion of else at a given time.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Enlightenment and Ascension does not come with separation from the earth plane distractions - it comes through those distractions.  We learn to use all our experiences to enhance the spiritual/soul growth.  It is wonderful to sit in a quiet place and just contemplate nature.  But it is also wonderful to learn inner peace amid the chaos and noise of our everyday life and affairs.

Return to “General Discussion”