Justify

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sidewalk_bends

Justify

Post by sidewalk_bends » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:02 pm

"I'm only human." That's a great excuse until we firgure out that we are more than just human. We are more than the excuses we make for ourselves. So often we try to balance our mistakes with what we know is right, rather than accepting and admitting our faults so that we may move on and improve from them. We can only go so long with trying to balance ourselves between how we know we are and how we want everyone else to see us. It's up to you whether or not you want to live behind the walls you put up for yourself. It's up to you whether you want to live behind the walls others try to place in front of you.

Whatever, I'm only human.  :smt017
I am just like you.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:09 am

Hmmmm Interesting... I know that I personally use that phrase alot, and I know why I do. I use it to explain to others that I am not perfect and I have no illusions about being so... I DO know people who think that they are... Accepting that I am not perfect is not living behind a wall, it is rather accepting the fact that as long as I do my best and keep striving forward to do it as best as I can and keep moving that bar forward and keep working on it, then I don't have to do it as well as someone else... it doesn't matter that you can accomplish something the first time and it takes me years to be able to do it. All that matters is that I don't let you being able to do it the first time keep me from trying to do something that I want to, no matter how much I have to work at it... Saying I am only human is a way to let others know that your not infallible and that sometimes things don't go the way you plan...

Does that make sense to you Sidewalk, I mean we are both just human... am I getting the idea across in the way I am thinking it?? *smiles and huggz* I do like this topic, it makes ya think about why you do and say what you do...
Nyte

Wondering in the darkness, but never alone...

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:04 am

Intent?
I am just like you.

Aviendra

Post by Aviendra » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:58 am

Whenever I hear people use that phraise to me...I tend to always look at them and wonder why they felt they had to say it...justify their behaviour? Low sense of self-worth? Do they believe that the human race are nothing but a bunch of savages who only act out of selfishness and greed?

I, myself, tend to stray away from that saying...I find that it helps to adopt a more..."positive" attitude towards what I'm about...I tend to admit to my mistakes and faults...after you do that a few times (ok, a lot of times..) you begin to lose that "fear" of, "Damn, can't BELIEVE I just did that! I'm an idiot!"

People in general tend to be too hard on themselves and insult their selves at every opportunity...this doesn't seem to help you grow and learn. We are human BEINGS afterall...we are here to BE...and we are bound to do and say things that are not satisfactory to our needs...(I won't say 'wrong' because that's a purely relative term...there is no right and wrong...)

Anyways, just a thought ;)

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:22 pm

I always say, "I am not a Human, I don't know what I am, but I am definatley not a Human Being, so I don't have the rules, restrictions, boundaries & limitations that you have, I don't work like that, I get what I was suppossed to get, either good or bad, depends on my Karma, I am not justifying for my mistakes, nor am I feeling good about it, but I did the mistake, I learnt something out of it, I will get what I deserve & I move on, while making sure that I don't do it again".

Well that usually shuts them up, & I know I am crazy according to most, but that is who I am.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:59 pm

The statement I'm only human implies there is something more than human - a perfect being that makes no mistakes.
Can god make mistakes or is the belief in a supreme being one of belief in perfection.
The ancient Greeks never thought their gods were perfect, neither did the vikings only the middle eastern god/gods are perfect.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:00 pm

I am only a Human....in my opinion this is not a "self pity" view because then all humans had to be pity.

The way I see the "saying" is that all humans do fault....none of us are perfect....why shall I then believe I am perfect...I am only a human :)

stan

Who am I?

Post by stan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:29 pm

Lets not leave Satan out of this.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:32 pm

I agree Stan but was Satan a mistake?
Are we talking Shiatan - the liar or Lucifer - the light bringer. Are they both aspects of the same nature - angels (who god made) who reblled and were thrown out of heaven - BIG mistake there by old beardy.

lighting strikes twice

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:12 pm

Maybe it is our mistake to assume with preconcieved notions, while all the facts are still out. huh?

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:22 pm

lighting strikes twice wrote:Maybe it is our mistake to assume with preconcieved notions, while all the facts are still out. huh?
I believe so.
I am just like you.

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 pm

"I'm only a human" it's a expression often used when we don't have any other way of explaining something, we lack of words and we don't know what else to say and there it comes "I'm only an human, I'm not perfect" or "people make mistakes, I'm just an human being". Personally, I don't use it but sometimes I think about it. :smt002

Stay well :smt006

Return to “General Discussion”