Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:49 pm

more ramblings.

It must be nice to close out the outside world. It must be nice to filter what you do not want to hear. It must be nice to deny others a response when yours is the last. Who is the one who is close minded and closed hearted when your words must always be the last? We may never see eye to eye, but it matters not what you or I believes. What matters is the truth. It is what it is, regardless of what one would like to make of it. Two against one does not make a victor. Two against one does not make a right. Two against one and I shall stand my ground. I stand because it is what I feel. Should my heart tell me another story, then I will step aside. I will stand with the truth be I alone or not.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:21 pm

I can understand this.

Goodness, I wish I had vast powers to shut out topics and make my views and opinions the end of the discussion, as if the final post in any topic is assumed to be the word of god. *rolleyes*

Unfortunately, this is not the case for myself and am instead a victim.  Already.

I'll be your second against the two you mention. ;)

Boo censorship.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:41 pm

The question many times is....What is the truth?....you have your truth....another have his/her truth....is your truth better then his/her?

I said in another thread that retreat are also a win.

I got the response that we are not out to win or to loose....I so agree....but you have then misunderstood....what I meant with my statement is that you shall not always try to have the last word..... because one have to be so "brave" to say enough is enough and stop...and that is a win in itself....because the bystanders has long ago made up their opinion who has the truth...seen from their side of view.

When mods and admins  lock a thread....then we are trying to avoid discussions that lead no where....we have our rules....the members has their thoughts....bot have the truth seen from their side....but we as moderator or admins have the power to say enough...we might do someone injustice...but that is a price we must pay in order to avoid an endless discussion who own the truth!

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:50 pm

Rhutobello wrote:The question many times is....What is the truth?....you have your truth....another have his/her truth....is your truth better then his/her?

I said in another thread that retreat are also a win.

I got the response that we are not out to win or to loose....I so agree....but you have then misunderstood....what I meant with my statement is that you shall not always try to have the last word..... because one have to be so "brave" to say enough is enough and stop...and that is a win in itself....because the bystanders has long ago made up their opinion who has the truth...seen from their side of view.

When mods and admins  lock a thread....then we are trying to avoid discussions that lead no where....we have our rules....the members has their thoughts....bot have the truth seen from their side....but we as moderator or admins have the power to say enough...we might do someone injustice...but that is a price we must pay in order to avoid an endless discussion who own the truth!
Rhuto,

No one owns anything let alone the truth. And btw, people have perceptions of the truth. It needn't mean it is THE truth. As to what one believes it is up to them. As for injustice, and the price paid, you alone do not pay the price.

As I said in another thread, cut and run cut and run.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:52 pm

Sei no Senshi wrote:I can understand this.

Goodness, I wish I had vast powers to shut out topics and make my views and opinions the end of the discussion, as if the final post in any topic is assumed to be the word of god. *rolleyes*

Unfortunately, this is not the case for myself and am instead a victim.  Already.

I'll be your second against the two you mention. ;)

Boo censorship.
Thanks Sei no Senshi. Some people who read this may take it as an attack on them, but I say this now, it is said in general to all those who would read it. It is meant for everyone to look at themselves.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Well, I have no idea who the message is meant for (if meant for anyone), it could even be meant for me for all I know!  XD  Though, that would be pretty bad for me, as it would make me an apparent hypocrite!  But, since the message is anti-censorship, I'm all for it.

I've already had my little bout with somebody over a similar issue, so I definately understand where you're coming from.  Especially when it seems just silly and childish to lock a thread and even delete posts made within said thread that were in no way inappropriate.

We may have to pay a price, but is what we pay worth what we get or what we're avoiding?

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:18 pm

Well, so far about 80% of the people I've seen here are mature enough to discuss and not bash.  I'm sick and tired of the forums I have been on, one in particular I keep going back to because I fear giving up on the friends I do have there.  From what I've seen, the administration is very just on these forums.  On the other I get half furiated because of the "god modding" I see go on, as well as the butt-kissing that is required to get on their good side.  I'm a complete rebel there, though I know the rules, and I care for the ones who do have real life problems.  

People had/have mistaken my offering of my beliefs to be saying "this is the only way," when I'm merely speaking about it in hopes it will encourage others who have my beliefs.  What do we get instead?  Complete censorship from speaking about God, basically.  Even if God is different to others, and I personally believe in the Judeo-Christian God.  Others believe in a God and Goddes, or a different monotheistic view, but either way, people tend to believe in a higher spirit.  I don't understand why us Christians get all the blame, when in reality, those who call themselves "chrsitian" are the ones most of us actually laugh at anyway.  Every religion has their good and bad.  But, everyone is entitled to their own belief.  

Right now I'm just sick and tired of those who think their way is the only way, whether it be theism or atheism.  We all have our different perceptions of the true, the right path for our journey, etc.  Thankfully on these forums we're open to the variety that's available.  I'm a firm believer in the path I chose, though I won't say, "Oh your stupid" for believing yours.

Samson

Post by Samson » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:50 pm

It's the Administrators and the Moderators job to bring Order to Chaos.  Enough said.

Samson.

Gem

Re: Locked

Post by Gem » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:more ramblings.

It must be nice to close out the outside world. It must be nice to filter what you do not want to hear. It must be nice to deny others a response when yours is the last. Who is the one who is close minded and closed hearted when your words must always be the last? We may never see eye to eye, but it matters not what you or I believes. What matters is the truth. It is what it is, regardless of what one would like to make of it. Two against one does not make a victor. Two against one does not make a right. Two against one and I shall stand my ground. I stand because it is what I feel. Should my heart tell me another story, then I will step aside. I will stand with the truth be I alone or not.
Hi Bends :)

You ramble beautifully? Any blackberries there with you?

I will stand with you. I completely understand where you are coming from and Sei no Senshi too :)  So many forums have power mad mods that are narrow minded.

I do, unfortunately, lock threads quite often, mostly those breaking the reading guidelines, but still I have no doubt that someone, somewhere will see that as an infringement or an invasion or a censorship :(

I do wish sometimes that I could just lock threads that I disagree with or that I don't like or that are just giving bad information, but as a moderator I have to act with impartiality and allow a certain amount of freedom of speech and as long as that does not hurt or abuse then we all have the ability to air our opinions in a polite and friendly way.

It's a fine line between being fair and being unfair and if you do have a complaint or a query feel free to PM Swetha or Rhutobello or one of the mods and we will look into it for you :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:09 pm

Samson wrote:It's the Administrators and the Moderators job to bring Order to Chaos.  Enough said.

Samson.
Nothing wrong with chaos, one man's chaos is another man's order.... Sometimes the most active discussions bring the most important revelations :)

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:30 pm

To each his/her own, right? (politcally correct verision of a common quote ;) )

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm

Gem wrote:
Samson wrote:It's the Administrators and the Moderators job to bring Order to Chaos.  Enough said.

Samson.
Nothing wrong with chaos, one man's chaos is another man's order.... Sometimes the most active discussions bring the most important revelations :)
Who said there was chaos?

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Chaos is my middle name. I just love the Chaos theory, just call me Malcolm lol

<<< goes off flapping wings lol

OH wow.. Bends just realised.... You are the butterfly!!

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:39 pm

I prefer organized discourse.

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:39 am

It's good to see that everyone is taking this as a joke and not taking it to heart like so many have in the past.

Return to “General Discussion”