I'm livid!!!

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Angelique

I'm livid!!!

Post by Angelique » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:29 am

I got a phone call about an hour ago from my husband who told me that this morning while he was working, one of his  Snap-On toolboxes that is taller than he is crashed down on him along with all of his tools and he was pinned under there for a half hour before anyone found him and could help get the heavy chest off of him. He refused medical help and continued to work and he decided to call me tonight when he got home (I was out having coffee at my girl friend's) and tell me what happened before I got word from anyone else.  I rushed home to make sure he was okay because he can be really thick at times and try and tough it out when he needs medical attention. He told me he was in such a stupor, that even if he could reach his cel phone to call anyone he couldn't remember anything when he was stuck under there. I came home and he won't let me see his leg which he is having a lot of trouble walking on.. so he went to bed and I made him a leg sized ice pack and he promised he would put it on... Needless to say I went in there knowing he would take it off and I put it back on him and poked at his toes to make sure he has feeling, pushed gently on his leg to make sure it wasn't broken and to see where it hurt so I could put the ice on. I told him to keep the ice on it or he wasn't getting any sleep tonight because I'll be back to make sure it's on him.

What pisses me off is no one bothered to call me and it isn't the first time there was an accident that happened to him (He's worked at that church for 23 years) where he should have had medical attention - like getting electrocuted for instance, his boss calls no one.. especially if he refuses medical attention.  

Tomorrow I'm going down there to have a chat with his boss and put her in her place; I've bitten my tongue too many times and I'm tired of them shoving shit under the carpet like it never happened and how dare she not call me immediately when something happens where it directly concerns me... like my husbands well-being!

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:42 am

I hope he's doing alright Angelique. Hang in ther. Stay firm, but calm so that they may listen. Take it easy...

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:56 am

Have they not heard of Work Place Safety?  People have been sued for a lot less!  Perhaps it might be timely to remind them of that.  Hopefully your hubbie makes a speedy recovery but what would they do or have done if he or someone was killed?  It's amazing how some employers still, in this day and age, do not take care of their workers.  There's been quite  a big crackdown on that sort of thing in the last few years here in OZ.  More and more employers are  being sued and/or having to pay heavy penalties for unsafe working conditions.

Let's hope that your hubbies employer doesnt leave it to the point where someone is killed.

Give 'em hell girl!!
O    O
   oo
**___**

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:20 am

I agree...this is thing that shall not happen....and as his boss she is bound to see him to "hospital" to get a proper investigation. As boss this is a requirement because they might get a case against them and then they need to have the medical proof.
Who knows...the person might be in shock when boss talk to them or be a "big Hero" at that incident....but then later the damage might develop...this is the reason to not listen to them...but do the investigation there and then.

On the other hand, to visit his boss might put your husband in embarrassment, so maybe a word to "workers security" (I don't know the name..but I think all have it....they look out for just such thing and they shall have word about all bigger incident) is better......but I can fully understand your frustration.

I wish him a speedy recovering and give you a Big Grandpa Hug!

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:30 pm

{{{{{{{Angelique&Hubby}}}}}}}  sending you both much love and light for a speedy recovery.  You must get him to got to a doctor or hospital for a checkup to make sure everything is ok, sometimes things don't show up straight away, and also to log the accident. xxxxx

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:44 pm

I personally would sue the pants off of them, lol. But I know how you feel.  I've had family in the same situation.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:29 pm

Thank you everyone ::big big hugs::  I'm still annoyed but not as enraged as I was last night. When he woke up at 4 am this morning to head into work I woke up to check on him and to make sure he wasn't hurting more than he said he was; he was gimping, but not as bad as last night and I just spoke with him about 5 minutes ago to see how he was feeling and he says he's fine. I can tell by the tone of his voice he's feeling better.

I called his boss this morning and left her a voice mail message to call me back.  I want to make sure she and I are on the same page in the future the next time he has another accident.

They would never fire him, and I'm not concerned about embarrassing him considering his boss should be ashamed of herself for not calling me. As for safety regulations, that's difficult to pin on someone considering it is a Catholic Church and my husband is the one who makes sure everything is operating safely and effectively.. this includes what is in his garage where his own tools are stored. So it's a catch-22, he is responsible for the safety of others but no single person is responsible for his safety. And as I was typing this up... I just spoke with his boss... I asked her what happened and she told me something totally opposite of what his version was and then some, and I believe her because I know my husband too well... she tried to get an ambulance there but she said to me "you know how he gets," and I do, and she apologized for not calling me... she said she honestly didn't even think of it... but she will in the future. Whatever...

Anyway.. thanks everyone for being my listening board  ::big hugs::

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:56 pm

My hubby had a fall in early July.  He was badly bruised but functioning fine.  So no medical attention - they are all so macho!  It is mid August and all of sudden his whole body is aching and not functioning properly - post traumatic stress?  Anyway we assume it is gout and get some anti-inflamatory pills.  

A visit to the doctor and blood work reveals - something wrong in the hemoglobin.  Next segment - after the doctors appointment next week we will know more.  The doctor has insisted on a full medical that precipitated the blood work.
God bless, J

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:09 pm

spiritalk wrote:My hubby had a fall in early July.  He was badly bruised but functioning fine.  So no medical attention - they are all so macho!  It is mid August and all of sudden his whole body is aching and not functioning properly - post traumatic stress?  Anyway we assume it is gout and get some anti-inflamatory pills.  

A visit to the doctor and blood work reveals - something wrong in the hemoglobin.  Next segment - after the doctors appointment next week we will know more.  The doctor has insisted on a full medical that precipitated the blood work.
Hey J!

I'm sorry about your husband and yes I agree, they are all stubborn!

I hope your hubby's results come out with a clean bill of health. If they think he has gout, cherries, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, garlic help break down the uric acid the body cannot normally break down itself - anything that balances out his PH and Alkaline levels will help lesson the frequency of gout. In addition, cutting down on red meats, shell fish, beans, mushrooms, avoiding aspirin etc...  will also help him.  Please send me a pm to let me know how he is doing when you find out. ::hugs::

Angelique

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:30 pm

*Sigh* Men, lol.  That's all I can say =P

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:59 pm

Angel: Yes, we have all that information.  The gout is a result of taking blood pressure pills.  Dr:  O, didn't I tell you?

Have to ask - why aspirin?  It is important as a blood thinner for other reasons as well?

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:04 pm

Hey J!

I just did a search on Google with a few informative links of what to avoid, why, etc... I'll send them to you in PM... :)

Ange

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:05 pm

Sorry to hear that Angel, I hope that your hubby has a full recovery.  Please get him checked out at Hospital.  Some workplace injuries show up later on down the track.  I know you said in your post your hubby refused treatment.   Since he was in a stupor he should of went to Hospital to be checked over, especially if the toolbox hit his head.  Your hubby's boss should of notified you of the accident.  I don't balme you for being angry.  I know that Men can be stubborn at times.  My Hubby has had pain in his Kidney area for the past few weeks and would not go and see the Doctor, I finally talked him into it.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:24 pm

starsign20002000 wrote:Sorry to hear that Angel, I hope that your hubby has a full recovery.  Please get him checked out at Hospital.  Some workplace injuries show up later on down the track.  I know you said in your post your hubby refused treatment.   Since he was in a stupor he should of went to Hospital to be checked over, especially if the toolbox hit his head.  Your hubby's boss should of notified you of the accident.  I don't balme you for being angry.  I know that Men can be stubborn at times.  My Hubby has had pain in his Kidney area for the past few weeks and would not go and see the Doctor, I finally talked him into it.
Thanks starsign-

Hubby is fine.. just gimping a little and he didn't crack his head on anything.  In fact, what he told me and what actually happened are two different stories, which really put a bug up my butt!!  He'll live.

I hope your hubby is ok... what did he have, kidney stones or an infection?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:31 pm

lotssss of prayers and hugs... hope he is better now.. aren't there any precautions that can be taken so that such incidents dont happen?

Return to “General Discussion”