Ever been fascinated by some creature, mystical animal?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Aviendra

Ever been fascinated by some creature, mystical animal?

Post by Aviendra » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:31 pm

Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has a favourite creature that they has always been fascinated with. For me, its the Phoenix and I have one tatooed on my right hip.

Ever since I was little, this mystical bird has always been in my thoughts...what do you all think it could mean?

Nakoruru

Post by Nakoruru » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:52 pm

I have tons but my main ones at the moment are the sandman and sirens

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:21 pm

GRIFFIN & PHOENIX. & I don;t have any pics or tattos anywhere, other than the one u can see as an avatar on the left side.

richardredhawk

Mystic Beings

Post by richardredhawk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:48 pm

I have always been endeared with the very sometimes misunderstood Dragons and in particular the 3 headed which reminds me of the trinity of the Body, Mind and soul within all of us including the various creatures that exist in this realm and beyond.
I anlso have one of the Griffins in a metal figure which I acquired about 20 years ago and still have, which plays lurker here in the home as he decides when it is time to move somewhere else and yes on his own or the gremlins are moving him.
Richard RedHawk

boadicca

Post by boadicca » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:40 pm

hi
the griffin does it for me
a much misunderstood creature  :)
there is no keeper of the key

cibba

Post by cibba » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:08 am

Don't laugh but for me it's the Seahorse and i also like Unicorns. The Dragon and the Phoenix seem much cooler though. It could mean that this animal we're most fascinated by is our ''Animal totem''...

+inkerbell

Post by +inkerbell » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:23 am

For some reason I have an attraction to owls. I love them.  They are so beautiful and mysterious. I love to listen to them at night.
Tinkerbell

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:54 am

Butterfly's and dragonfly's. Bees and wasps are especially fascinating to me because they are a part of a collective. They aren't thinking about themselves, but about the survival of their species.

redclaw123

Post by redclaw123 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:02 pm

i like cows, frogs and elephants, also tigers. mythologically i'd say dragons are interesting.

also, i've always been fascinated by bees, wasps, ants, spiders and all insects in general.

hive-dwelling creatures fascinate me because i wonder if they have any kind of social structure and we as humans just haven't recognized it yet. you know, like dancing could be a form of language among bees who are telling each other where the pollen is--scientists like to say it is just natural instinct but i think it's something more. plus also they have division of labor, you've got a queen who is served by all the other bees, you've got drones, and you have workers with various jobs. anybody else think that looks suspiciously like the possibility of sentience? Don't mind my rambling, just that's what fascinates me about them...lol.
i love my honey!!!

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:06 am

Ok its not mythical but pelicans just do something to me I'm not sure what it is.  There landing and take off from water alone is surprising.  Pelicans will make me twist my neck around in order to catch a fleeting look of them whislt driving in the car past the ocean and such.

Bastet

Post by Bastet » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:58 am

My fav's are Cats, Bats and Snakes. I have 4 cats, 20 odd microbats live in my ceiling, and i would love a pet snake but i'm really put off having to feed them mice. Errk!
I would like a lizard, but you have to keep snakes first before they will give you a licence for a lizard.
In Australia you have to have a licence to keep most native wildlife. Its to insure you know how to look after the animal properly.

bastet
People who dont like cats were most likely mice in a former life.

Sei no Senshi

Post by Sei no Senshi » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:07 am

I would join the phoenix group, particulary Suzaku.  Maybe because it's the only phoenix I know that has a name.  ^.^

Cats are my favorite 'mundane' animal.  I love my cat, even if she is afraid of my ceiling fan. :)

thornn

Post by thornn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:32 am

I have always loved Dragons, Unicorns and Phoenix.

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:19 pm

I've always been fascinated with Unicorns (for their true meaning), mermaids, pegasus, and phoenix also.  I've always loved dragons, especially how Haydon portrays them.  They have the purest form of love, which is why they're so protective of their treasure.  Even a person can be treasure to them.

phoenixfiredragon

Post by phoenixfiredragon » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:14 am

Dragons :).

Return to “General Discussion”