Questions on Astrology

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Deborah

Questions on Astrology

Post by Deborah » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:31 am

I read through these and i am not sure what one to follow ...
I dont understand what house my sign is in or what moon is falling on me ...
Im a carpicorn due to my date of birth. Recently I was told I could fall into more than one sign due to my parents signs. "confused" YES YES VERY!

we have the daily horoscope and the weekly we have ones on each sign ..
ughh am i making more of this than what needs to be? I have the horoscopes mailed to my inbox...and guess what I do now I delete them because Im confused over so much of this. and sometimes I just dont understand what I am reading...kinda like a fortune cookie! :smt016

"Group Hugs"
Deborah

Benevolentwizard

Post by Benevolentwizard » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:47 am

Greetings Deborah:

I have tried to explain this in the Planets and Houses Forum but for the sake of your post I will try again. The Sun Sign is but the bearest tip of the iceberg to a real astrologer. Like the layers of an onion there are layers and layers of information to be found in astrology. The general forcasts of this site and the newspapers barely begin to touch what astrology can reveal. The astrology I practice takes the time, place and date of birth and creates a map of the heavens astrologers call a Natal Chart. With a Natal Chart an astrologer can use not only the sign the Sun is in but the signs of the Moon as well as the rest of the planets. But just as with the onion, there are more layers of information to be found in the chart. Where each planet is positioned in the sky at the point holds meaning. This is the basic foundation of the houses and to an experienced astrologer the houses can hold more information than the Signs. But the layers do not stop there. certain angles the planets form to each other, know as Aspects, also provide meaning to an astrologer. There are yet other features in the chart that astrolgers can use to glean information. Once the Natal chart has been done there are other types of charts that can be drawn that provide even more insight. When an astrolger wishes to examine the dynamics of relationships between people they can use such tools as Synastry and Compostes. Then there are the forcasting tools of astrology such as Transits, Progrsssions, Returns ect. There are still other types of specialty charts. I do over a dozen different kinds of charts.
I do not mean to discourage you form an interest in astrology here. What I do mean to to show you just how deep the posibilities of astrology run. Astrology is and endless pursuit for those of us who have developed a passion for this art. The deeper you learn the more there is to learn. How deep you look is up to you.

Ben

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:03 am

never knew astrology was so complicated:)
but getting to know it now.
thank u
swetha

Deborah

thanks

Post by Deborah » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:36 pm

gosh that made my head spin....
Maybe we need a astro class 101 ...am interested but hard for me to understand ..just can not seem to grasp it..kinda like politics only interesting :smt007

Return to “General Discussion”