HOW TO MEDITATE -- GETTING RID OF THOUGHT

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

peredhil31

Post by peredhil31 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:10 am

When I meditate, I prefer following the Hatha Yoga techniques of "mindful meditation".  The goal is to be centered and connected internally to all parts of the mind, accepting non-critically whatever comes to mind.  Instead of stopping thought, it reveals it's many parts and levels an allows a person to live fully in the moment of life they have.  At first, focusing on doing nothing but breathing can be a challenge, allowing thoughts to enter and pass through unrestrained without holding on to them.   With practice, you can be centered and mindful while eating, walking, and doing anything in life.

Evard

Post by Evard » Tue May 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Being Mindful is a form uh not being a bother to active life style
in good meditation with the sitting quietly accord to not be then
a problem to the role of meditation in basic centered .,. Hatha .

Iyi medita.tion includes a breathing problem with not being able
to say mantara of " quieting the mind and learning to meditate "
as active life style and active meditation are keeping the import
~ant thought to not be a bother {<bod her>} about when you
are busy driving or walking in public ., to not slip in to drowsy.s
nor whimsy while in important active setting such as driving a #
car . . . known as the reason to not slip into meditation and not
come out ., so the mind will be proper accord willing to respond
~.s to the role of peaceful life style ., ., if you don't have not ~*
the quieting of the mind without thought as peaceful theta*beta     how do you meditate .|. a clash of whimsy . Evard :)

Qizmo

re:

Post by Qizmo » Tue May 15, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for this! This is going to be very helpful :)

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Now I have learned how to meditate. thank you for your helpful post.

Duchess1964

Focus

Post by Duchess1964 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:32 pm

It's not a matter of purging your mind, it's more a matter of ridding yourself of destructive or negative thought patterns. &nbsp;When I meditate, I go to what I call my 'happy place'. &nbsp;Usually it's there that I have the company of my animal guide. &nbsp;In this place, in your mind's eye, you can see each situation and present them to your 'minds eye' to either look at, focus on, or rid yourself of. &nbsp;The choice in most mediation is yours and yours alone. &nbsp;Good luck to you.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:19 am

When the brain energy ceases, we are dead. &nbsp;Why would we think we could slow or stop the activity even in meditation? &nbsp;

A definition of meditation is....to think upon. &nbsp;What you are literally doing is training the mind to a specific thought and returning the mind when it wanders to that thought. &nbsp;It can be with breath, it can be with visualization, it can be a mantra or affirmation. &nbsp;But training the mind to a specific thought is what you are doing.

Duchess1964

Did I miss something?

Post by Duchess1964 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:03 am

I know I read all the postings,but I must have missed something if someone told them to slow or stop the activity? &nbsp;No one can do that unless they are near death, then perhaps. &nbsp;I've not had the privilege to speak with anyone who has returned from crossing over. &nbsp;Spirit is right, if you slow or stop your brain activity, you die. &nbsp;Meditation is not that ... it's a form of inner control as it were. &nbsp;Enough to take a look at each issue and let your mind in a relaxed state (not the same as slow or dead), help solve the issue at hand.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:13 am

First of all a calm mind is needed to start meditation and its very much necessary.

Return to “General Discussion”