WHY DO WE SHOUT

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:45 pm

To utter a sudden and loud outcry, as in joy, triumph, or exultation, or to attract attention, to animate soldiers, etc

3. (verb) shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
utter a sudden loud cry
Synonyms: predict, forebode, prognosticate, grouse, wawl, promise, phone, yell, blazon out, abuse, shout out, bellyache, clapperclaw, vociferate, cry, call in, scream, holler, gripe, call up, blackguard, call off, squawk, foretell, weep, exclaim, send for, outcry, address, visit, shout, beef, name, waul, hollo, call, bitch, squall, bid, crab, ring, call out, cry out, holler out, telephone, anticipate
Antonyms: whisper

One day, a professor asked his students 'Why do we SHOUT instead of speak when we are ANGRY?'

All the students thought for a while. One answered 'Because we lost our cool. That's why we SHOUT.'

Asked the professor again, 'But the person is just right next to you, why can't we talk softly but have to SHOUT?'

Everyone gave their opinions but none was accepted by the professor.

Lastly explained by the professor 'When we are ANGRY, our hearts drift apart. To mask the DISTANCE we felt, we instinctively SHOUT instead of speak so the other party can hear us.'
'But as we SHOUT, we get ANGRIER. And we felt we drift apart further. So we SHOUT even louder...'

It is the opposite when we are in love. Not only we do not shout, we whisper into each other ears. Why?'

'This is because our hearts are very close, almost never apart. As our love deepen, we reach a state of communication where there is no need for words.'

'We understand each other well enough just by exchanging look,' concluded the professor.

'Therefore, when we are arguing, DO NOT speak words that will make our hearts drift apart. WAIT a few days. When you feel your hearts are no longer far apart, pick up the conversation and continue from there.

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 pm

i love my friends and they love me , but we still shout at each other , though there is no need to shout at all . what do you get out of it ?

i would say it is a habit , no more no less .

p.s. i have seen people who would freeze your heart by just a look , no need to shout at all and neither would you . but your hearts would be light years apart . still you would not shout .

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:25 am

well, shouting cannot be justified like this. there can be ways other than shouting or freezing eyes. moreover, shouting and frightening hardly work. if you laugh louder, that is not shouting. if you call someone at distance, that is not shouting. but, if you call it a habit and yet do not try to get rid of it, it's a pity. how can you be so sure that your friends love you the way you shout?
I'm weird

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 pm

not everyone likes to shout , but , we sometimes get carried away , " old friends gatherings " tend to be like this , a lot of emotions are there , and people laugh and joke all the time ,and they are in a mood of carnival. when all of them are talking at once , in groups , i mean , there is a lot of noise , and people usually start shouting . and there are ones who would have their final say on everything , they are always shouting , for they would not miss a opportunity to give the verdict . well it is fun and on the whole , we love it .  :)
Dorosith Volmaya

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am

hmm. Happy Party.

calm down when the party is over.

or who knows you are one of them for whom no party is ever over.  in that case such fun times are nothing but excuses to shout.
I'm weird

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:14 am

i would have loved if the party went on and on . but i am the only earning member in my family , so  :(   i have to calm down .

but i do love those parties .

:)

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:14 am

"i am the only earning member in my family"

now i understand why and how you assume that people like the way you shout. they have no other option i think.
I'm weird

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:24 pm

you did it quick ! lol . :))

no , in between friends we follow the same code as in this board .

you may feel offended if someone yells but you should not express it .

in fact when we are among friends , we forget what someone would like or not .

everyone has faults , and it is not friendly to remind them , the reasons why they suffer in real life .

everyone knows their own faults and are at least ashamed for them , even they try to cure it .

so , at party time , the people gets relaxed and let them be themselves , without the mask they generally wear .

without that reason , there would be no party .

so , everything is just fine , even if someone shouts .
Dorosith Volmaya

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:15 am

but does shouting in certain circumstances help?

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:31 am

i guess so. shouting reflects the efforts to reach out despite distance.  so, it can be seen as a positive attitude. and who knows it might work.
I'm weird

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:22 am

The word whisper make me remember this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4EW5f1IANI

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:55 am

For shouting there is no rhyme or reason

Nothing is required to shout .

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 am

Everything or every one is made to shout  at times. No one  or Nothing , too ,  can remain calm always . Circumstances makes a human shout at times. Many a time I  do shout . Whenever  I lack patience and whenever I feel I m deprived of something  I do shout. By shouting , many times I prove myself rite too . Always being calm is impossible for any one., especially with me. If some one speaks against my good intentions , I do shout. I become angry soon too whenever I happened to see some one uttering false statements ,  or I find them defaulters or lairs. I cant tolerate such nonsenses from any one. At the same time when any one makes me realize I did shout wrong over them I straight forwardly ask sorry to them too . I never take grudges-into heart   . I forgive easily too.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:25 pm

shouting for nothing one get nothing
the reverse is also not true , if someone shout for everything, does not mean everything can be got

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:56 pm

prasanna wrote:Everything or every one is made to shout  at times. No one  or Nothing , too ,  can remain calm always . Circumstances makes a human shout at times. Many a time I  do shout . Whenever  I lack patience and whenever I feel I m deprived of something  I do shout. By shouting , many times I prove myself rite too . Always being calm is impossible for any one., especially with me. If some one speaks against my good intentions , I do shout. I become angry soon too whenever I happened to see some one uttering false statements ,  or I find them defaulters or lairs. I cant tolerate such nonsenses from any one. At the same time when any one makes me realize I did shout wrong over them I straight forwardly ask sorry to them too . I never take grudges-into heart   . I forgive easily too.
I donot agree on certain of your statement

If one consider universe is everything, it always shouts, which cannot be heard by normal being. The decible level is so high beyond perception and nothing is heard. Supersonic voices are shouting beyond hearing . Secondly, wind and occean keep always shouting

I do not agree with your next statement Nothing cannot be calm always
Mountain and rocks are calm always

Further in Vacuum shouting cannot be heard. Vacuum is nothing. If one is nothing , no shout can be heard, but everything can be felt. Hence in vacuum  being nothing, everything  is calm within it. Hence i am of the opinion that everything is calm in nothing, eventhough everything shouts in(at) nothing

Return to “General Discussion”