Do You Learn From Your Mistakes?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mcclenning1

do you learn from your mistakes

Post by mcclenning1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:44 am

Earlofleicester; First, I agree that I should not have used such a technical analogy to express my thoughts towards this matter. I had afterthoughts that I might receive a reply such as yours by doing so. Poor judgement??? Human nature has a very bad habit of trying to pass the buck. There are always exceptions to every rule, although, most people who say that you don't learn if you don't make mistakes are those who either don't pay enough attention to what they are doing or refuse to research and learn. 100+ years ago I might agree that you could learn from your mistakes, but in our day and age of reinventing the wheel, we can learn through research. Passive mistakes from dating the wrong person or taking the wrong job????? that's a misnomer. Dating  and jobs are a crap shoot made strictly by choice. People would rather call it a "mistake" rather then admitting that they are attracted to the wrong people that could possibly make them happy. These people will continue to meet those types unless they change whatever it is inside of themselves that finds those people attractive. To me, its pure ignorance if a person continues to date these types of people. And jobs, well, If I made a choice to except a given job then I must take responsibility if that job does not work out. There are two many variables when it comes to dating or jobs, that's why I call it a crap shoot. The bottom line is that everyone should take responsibility for there actions and quit passing the buck by calling it a mistake. You did something wrong? Why? The word "mistake" should be removed from our vocabulary such as words like "can't" or "won't". This will eliminate a lot of excuses. I apologize if I've offended anyone with my opinion, these are not my intentions.

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:16 am

i learn not to make it again and apolosize the person for the mistake i have done. :)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:00 am

but what do u do with people who keeping making the same mistakes repeatedly and say I try to learn from it but I cant stop myself?

akashasmiles

Post by akashasmiles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:48 pm

I think it would be best if we didn't make mistakes to learn, but if you learn from them the first time you're still doing better than some :D

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:34 pm

The lesson you do not learn the first time, will repeat until you do learn it.  Do you really want to perpetuate that kind of pain into your life?
God bless, J

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:02 am

i do. and i do think it's necessary to make mistakes first and then learn what your fault is, because that leads to self-actualization. you realize what your problem areas are, which is very important for you to become a mature person.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:20 am

I know it helps you mature.. but sometimes don't you end up paying a very high price for it ???

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 am

The law of cause and effect - mistakes have a consequence, for sure.  But if we accept all things as learning curves, we can move on from the mistake, learn its value and then walk in the knowledge of the lesson learned.
God bless, J

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 am

and I guess one must be pretty dumb if they keep repeating the same mistakes!

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:28 pm

very true. and i am one such pretty dumb guy. i react to the same things in the very same ways, even though mistakes have made me pay huge price every time.
I'm weird

Return to “General Discussion”