what makes you angry?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

what makes you angry?

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:09 am

I was going through the thread 'what do you do when you are angry'. i wondered what is it that makes you angry? do you get angry whenever something happens against your will? is it possible to live a lifetime without getting angry?
I'm weird

Rhutobello

Re: what makes you angry?

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:51 am

ConfusedMind wrote: is it possible to live a lifetime without getting angry?
Hopefully not, because then we can't really feel happiness.

In order to experience one thing to its full potential, you need to experience the opposite of it.

On the other hand, many become angry way to easy, and by that they destroy "both feelings" and in a way go into Negativity, and attack out from that.

It is in a way funny...but give it a thought.....what we dislike in other...is what we dislike in ourself....and so also with those who have short fuse in Anger.

So it is very important to work with oneself, if we are the type that become angry to easy....maybe we will find the clue in ourself....and maybe meditation will lessen the anger, and increase the understanding :)

Just my thoughts :)

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:34 am

if opposite feelings are necessary to feel the bliss of happiness, sadness, melancholy, depression can suffice. is anger necessary for that?

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:35 am

I think getting angry also makes you understand the importance of happiness... I truly detest being blamed for something that I haven't done.

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:30 am

these days i'm getting angry very frequently. it seems almost every other day i get angry at some thing or the other. and whenever i'm angry, i am extremely angry. i have to do something to eliminate anger from my life. can anyone suggest any ways?
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 am

I get angry at all the minor annoyances and also at the world in general. I can almost never read the news or think about politics without feeling angry to the point of near violence. I have anger issues I guess.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:23 am

you are not the only one. there are many like you. i've started noticing that i react to things where should better keep mum. i just do not know how i fall out with the most inconsequential persons.  perhaps it is not quite possible not to react when something demeaning is said about you.
I'm weird

jenniferi

What makes me angry?

Post by jenniferi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:38 am

Recently, it was a visit to a website that focuses on crime victims. Reading how people were "assuming" innocent people as the killers and giving scenarios to how they participated in the killing of someone else made me want to go through the computer screen. How some people can be so heartless to accuse people ... just because they can.

Anyways, t the site and haven't been mad since, so that's good!
:smt018 lef
Jennifer
Virtual-Assistant-Advocate

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:34 am

at workplace i was told by the most inconsequential but most prominent person that i do not deserve what i am paid. i guess, i am known for my sincerity and ability in what i do. in fact, i've been told so. is it very unnatural, if i get angry at this? are my employers fools to pay me higher than what i deserve?
I'm weird

jenniferi

Post by jenniferi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Misty- I don't know if your on facebook but I have some awesome audios on there for relaxation and meditation. Let me know if your interested!
Jennifer

jenniferi

Post by jenniferi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:36 pm

confused mind - don't let them get in your head to where you start doubting yourself and your skills to do the job. Document their comments, it may turn up to bite them in the rear.
Jennifer

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 am

jenniferi wrote:confused mind - don't let them get in your head to where you start doubting yourself and your skills to do the job. Document their comments, it may turn up to bite them in the rear.
i know dear, that i shouldn't get them in my head. but i can live upto this idea only from the next day. i do not know the trick not to show instant reaction. i do not doubt my ability just because he says it. he is an illiterate person with no idea about what i do. he is like the moon who reflects the light of the sun. this is what i am afraid of.

Return to “General Discussion”