looking_glass

Chatroom

Post by looking_glass » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Is there a chatroom on this site?
awarenessoftheheart.com

Gem

Re: Chatroom

Post by Gem » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:23 pm

looking_glass wrote:Is there a chatroom on this site?
Hi :)

At the moment there isn't but it has been put forward for discussion. So lets see what happens :) Would anyone use it I wonder?

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:52 pm

I would use it. I remember the days of msn and yahoo. Aol is still around I believe, but it's traveled by kids.
awarenessoftheheart.com

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:54 pm

oh i would love to use the chatroom Gem

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:35 am

I'm still learning the computer world. But I would really like to try this.
Kar

Angelsway

Post by Angelsway » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:20 am

I would feel a lot more comfortable in meeting people with a chat room I don't know why but I feel so inferior sometimes when I come here but, alot of that is because I would love to have more time to spend here on learning the tarot and other things. I always learn something when I come here and would like to be able to discuss them with others. I think a chat room would be great.:)
Though no-one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end...............~ Author Unknown ~

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:57 am

Aww don't feel inferior. We all have things to teach each other.
awarenessoftheheart.com

Sommerstars8o8

Post by Sommerstars8o8 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 am

It would be  great if we do have a chat room  ^^

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:48 am

:) I also think it is a good idea: a more immediate change of opinions with those in line at the same moment. Maybe a chance to get to know better some of the people that post in different subforums to those we usually browse (there are so many that I am content to keep track of just a few).

I am very surprised every time I see there are about 150 visitors browsing the site and only around 4 registered at any one time. Is this correct? Would these visitors have access to the chatroom or would they not even be able to see it?

Anyway, let us know if the idea goes forward. Would there be a software problem, do you think?

:smt002
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:11 pm

Without having much knowledge about chat programs and neither know how hard/easy it is to include in the forum...I can only voice my own fear for it.

It might prevent discussions in the forum, that is for all to see, and more promote chat between friends, and by that the prevent forum activity which will lead to fewer people want to be members.

I can see the benefit to use a chat program in classes.....but here we already have both Messenger and Yahoo that opens for group chat.

This is only posted as my own opinion and are not the official opinion on the site....so if you have view on it...please bring it forward :)

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:21 pm

Mmm... Actually, what I saw as more of a problem was the fact that not too many registered members are online at the same time (unless I am missing on the peak hours  :smt003 ).

But, yes, I can see your point. Just browsing around to keep updated takes quite a lot of time, not counting doing readings and such. So it could be too time consuming, although I believe we would have to be in the right "chatty" mood in order to visit the chatroom, which is hardly ever my case :smt011

By the way, Rhuto, I have never gotten around to tell you you have the loveliest avatar. Every time I see your little white kitten I cannot help smiling  :smt050

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:29 pm

I think the chatroom can also be suitable for teachers to discuss their subject to their students.a Day and time can be chosen for it and whoever have any doubts or questions can join the chat.

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:54 pm

a chatroom sounds great

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:53 pm

I was just wondering if the powers that be had any thoughts on a chatroom or if it is just not in the future. I enjoy the threads but a shiny chat room with fresh paint would be wonderful!

Maybe one of the readers can let me know if it's in the cards.
awarenessoftheheart.com

kalimullah_3

Chat Room

Post by kalimullah_3 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:37 pm

It is wonderful idea. Don’t know what is required to provide a chat room.
I wish it should start as soon as possible
Kalimullah

Return to “General Discussion”