Computerised Handwriting Analysis (the possibility of...)

An in-depth Analysis of your personality from your handwriting.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mrhammi

Computerised Handwriting Analysis (the possibility of...)

Post by mrhammi » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:41 pm

Hi,

My name is Chris Hampson, and I am an undergraduate at York University in the UK studying Computer Science.

For my final year project I have been assigned the task of trying to perform handwriting analysis using a neural network.

My project does not have to be able to determine the personality of the writer, it is more for use in forensic circles to determine who the writer of a given piece of text is.

I was wondering if anyone knew any good books on graphology (i think that's right), that could get me started.

Many thanks in advance, I will keep you posted to the progress of my project if anyone is interested.

Chris Hampson

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:02 pm

i'll compile a list of books and also reffer you to one of the leading experts in this field.

allow me a couple of days to get both done.

Thanks.

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:03 pm

ahhh Yes, i forgot to mention... welcome to the forum. :)

Abhishek

terrimaree

book ideas

Post by terrimaree » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:04 am

You can go to amazon.com and look up "graphology" or "Handwriting analysis" and find a lot of books.

You can see some different examples of things like grapho-deck and others at http://tinyurl.com/afbd3/catalog_af.html#book
Bart Baggett is the author of these.

I do have the grapho-deck that has some samples to show different types of writing traits to look for. Maybe seeing that would help you know where to go from?

I don't know if the books by Bart Baggett would give you the kinds of information you need to figure out if handwriting is by the same person, but they do have some courses for people to become document experts -- to find out if something is a forgery. Maybe you could email them directly and see what they have to say?

Hope that helps. Terri

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:34 am

hey, i am sorry, i have been really caught up with stuff... and completely forgot todo with. i will be sure to get you everything by end of today or max 2morrow.

Return to “Graphology”