Chiron -What it means

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

epson0001

Chiron -What it means

Post by epson0001 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:35 am

Chiron is a comet with a unique and erratic orbit. In the natal chart, Chiron is symbolized by the "wounded healer". It represents our deepest wound, and our efforts to heal the wound. Chiron was named after the centaur in Greek mythology who was a healer and teacher who, ironically, could not heal himself.
Chiron in our natal charts points to where we have healing powers as the result of our own deep spiritual wounds. We may over-compensate in these areas of life. Chiron, as a wounded healer, first must face issues of low self-worth and feelings of inadequacy and learn to rise above these issues. Because the wound goes deep, and we may work hard to overcome the wound, healing powers are potent.

Most folks have their Chiron return at age 49, 50 or 51. What it does is give you a heavy dose of reality that

1. Your time here on earth is limited--you aren't going to live forever like you thought when you were a twenty-something..

2. You give deep thought to what you want to leave behind; that you've somehow contributed to the better good of all humanity

3. You take stock of your life and if you don't like what you've got currently, you sure do change it during this timeframe :-)

4. For those who have been 'stuck' with responsibility, this is also a time of freeing up for them and they get to go "play" now--it's their turn :-)

5. If you have repressed, denied or crammed a lot of hard emotional feelings/trauma reaction, deep into you and not worked on venting it and removing it, you can get ill at this time. Chronic disease is well known to take hold at this time. If you sail through it and you aren't getting ill, then you know you've been working hard to clean your own, inner house :-)

6. It gives you more maturity, more patience, more macrocosmically understanding of human beings; you lose a lot of your personal prejudices, hatred, anger, or whatever because you perceive them through a different lens of reality. The good news is this lens remains in place (I had my Chiron return 3 years ago...so I feel I can speak to this a little).

7. There is an intense, inner digging into the self. A looking, weighing and measuring of things that have occurred in your life--and you either keep 'em or toss 'em out.

8. You want to do things, complete things/visions/dreams/goals at this time. You plan your life carefully around this one goal or intent. In doing so, you change a lot of your habits or the way you live your life.

9. You realize you need to take time out and smell the flowers....

SN

Post by SN » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Hello Epson0001,

I agree with what you explain about Chiron characteristics, and also about the Chiron return, but I would like to add this:

- Chiron also represents a spiritual growth (in point 7, when you refer to an "inner digging into yourself"), it is about this. During your lifetime, Chiron is always telling you to find your spiritual path, to heal your wounds and start healing others.

During your lifetime, while Chiron is moving along your horoscope, it can throw you to bed several times( with some illness that you have developed yourself for not listening to it), so that you can think about what you have been doing with yourself.

- Chiron represents what only you can do for yourself, what is your mission, your spiritual mission.

SN

Benevolentwizard

Post by Benevolentwizard » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:39 pm

Greetings:

I have watched a lot of the popular conversation about Chiron over the last few year and have seen a growing use of Chiron in charts. However I am not sure I can agree with much of what I have seen. Let me give you some perspectives.
Chiron is the first of a new class of mini-planetiods being discovered in our solar system. While Chiron was first discovered in 1977, scores more of these planetiods have been discovered since and have been given the classification of "Centaurs". As astronomers continue to explore the heavens is is likely that hundreds, if not thousands, of these Centaurs will be found. This is likely to play hell with any chart that tries to include even a fraction of them.
The first book to be published on Chiron came within just a few years of it's discovery and more than a dozen have been published since. I have read some of the so-called research that has been coming out about Chiron and some of the other Centaurs and have found most of it highly lacking. The biggest fault I find with most of it lays with the use of symbolic analogy. The names for most of these new bodies are being drawn from Greek mythology without any inference to the possible influnce they might have in the chart. As such, I find relying of symbolic metaphore highly questionable. There is also the problem that since Chiron is the remnant of an old coment, it is literally melting away and is not a perminate body. Many other Centaurs are destined to fall into the orbits of other planets if not crash into them one day.
Our understanding of the planets have come from long research and careful observation. I think any influence of Chiron and the Centaurs needs a lot more time and study to be established with any certainty. But that's just my opinion.

Ben

raj

Post by raj » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:43 pm

how can a comet b used to see the ups and downs in ur life?
swetha

Benevolentwizard

Post by Benevolentwizard » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:58 pm

Hello Raj:

I do not know of any standard interpretation of a comets influence on the chart. Because of their erratic nature and generally long cyclic orbits few comets have been tracked long enough to know what kind of influence they might have. I do not know of any astrologers who use them. However I do think a passing comet crossing a prominate feature of a chart would be worth some note. As to how you would interprete it, I haven't a clue.

Ben

Return to “Planets and Houses”