I Need A Mentor! Will Someone Adopt Me? (Pics)

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Sheila

I Need A Mentor! Will Someone Adopt Me? (Pics)

Post by Sheila » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:08 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to learn how to interpret Natal Charts. I've been reading and progressing, but once in awhile I have a question and wish I had a mentor to help me.

I've been reading Tarot for 15 years and would be happy to exchange readings for some help with Natal Charts (?)

If anyone is willing to help me, please let me know!

Thanks so much,
Sheila
Last edited by Sheila on Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

virinchi

Post by virinchi » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:49 am

i think i'm too young to adopt someone hehe :) just kiddin..
what do u wanna know?

FloridaLightWorker

What kind of Astrology?

Post by FloridaLightWorker » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:59 pm

Hi Shelia,

What kind of Astrology are you looking for? This is an International forum and I was so confused when I first arrived here, as I had always done Western or American Astrology charts. Most of the Astrologers here do Eastern Astrology or Vedic Astrology and it is so different!

I bought a book and I am now learning Vedic Astrology. (It will take me forever to learn! *laughing*)

I know virinchi is Vedic Astrology.

Blessings! Linda :smt060

Sheila

Post by Sheila » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:32 pm

Hi Linda and Virinchi  :smt060

Now what are you doing asking me confusing questions like that? LOL  :smt002 Just kidding....

Actually, I don't know what type. I created a Natal Chart using Astrodienst and I'm using the very basic tutorial described here at Astrology Weekly:

astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-lessons.php

I assume this is Western/American Astrology, which I do hope is a good starting point?

Does my chart (below) look like it's oriented the right way? Meaning is the right Sign "at the top" (North). Or, does that matter? As I go through the tutorial and it speaks about Nadir/Midheaven etc, I'm not sure if I'm drawing the lines correctly - knowing that I may not have the chart oriented correctly. I'm not sure if I should "spin it around."

Ahhhh, I probably just made ZERO sense. Sorry  :smt017

Smiles,
Sheila

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:17 am

I am totally ignorant in this, but from the few Western charts I have seen, your lines seem kind of funny...... I thought the two central lines (the horizontal and vertical "diameters", geometrically speaking) always crossed at the center point of the wheel forming 90º angles... but I might be wrong. This is just a first impression looking at the picture you posted :smt017 :)

Sheila

Post by Sheila » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:58 am

Well Hmm,

I was shown that the lines are drawn like this:

And each section has a meaning:

I've never seen perfect 90 degree angles? :smt017

Smiles,
Sheila

Return to “Planets and Houses”