Number 8 and Eightfold Path

For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jld

Number 8 and Eightfold Path

Post by jld » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:49 am

Could there be any correlation between numerology number 8 and the eightfold path in Buddhism? Maybe a way to stay in the positive aspects of the eight energy...

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:13 pm

makes good since jld being that the eight energy has alot to do with mastery of the material world  .and finding balance  greed verses giving  .

right view, right intention ,right speech , right action ,right livelihood ,right effort, right mindfulness , right concentration    i think you have stumbled on  to something     .

practical  guideline to ethical and mental development with the goal of freeing one self from attachments and delusions  .finally leading to understanding the truth about all things ,together with the four noble truths  4 a vibration similar  to that of the 8 .

thank you for your insight

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:41 pm

you know a little bit of buddha  wont hurt anybody    the teachings have brought me many things over the years  one is the suffering cause by ego  and the other ,the power of deattachment  . the knowledge of illusion and impermanence can shed great light on things as well.

jld

Post by jld » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:39 am

These teachings could be helpful to any number as well.  I could stand to get some more Buddha in my life. Yeah my ego has caused me some problems. Ego and ego in reverse. The recognition that I'm not the only one who has suffered in this life brings about a sense of connectedness.  And the ripple effects of having good thoughts, doing good deeds, helping others helps us as well.

I thought they fit well with the eight aspects though...
Right view is the cognitive aspect of wisdom. It means to see things through, to grasp the impermanent and imperfect nature of worldly objects and ideas.  It begins with the intuitive insight that all beings are subject to suffering and it ends with complete understanding of the true nature of all things.
More than any other number, eight seeks money and material success. Within the 8 lies an innate balance between the higher and lower characteristics of man.
A challenge of one with the 8 is to balance their higher ideals and their understanding of the hard realities of the earth. Much effort will have to be put out and many ups and downs experienced before reaching the level of success desired. Life will probably test one with the eight many times with obstacles that seem insurmountable. But in reality, these are merely opportunities for them to learn how to use power and authority in the face of difficulties, and to find out just how much power lies within them. It is crucial for their success that they balance the material and the spiritual. They have chosen a path that requires balance between giving and taking, reward and punishment, action and reaction.

Since our view of the world forms our thoughts and our actions, right view yields right thoughts and right actions...right intention of goodwill, developing compassion
right speech, right action, right livelihood...

Challenges of 8: Belligerence, manipulation, anger, judgment
The eight may become unscrupulous in business dealings in order to attain your desired level of success.
While right view refers to the cognitive aspect of wisdom, right intention refers to the volitional aspect, i.e. the kind of mental energy that controls our actions. the intention of renunciation, which means resistance to the pull of desire. the intention of good will, meaning resistance to feelings of anger and aversion. the intention of harmlessness, meaning not to think or act cruelly, violently, or aggressively, and to develop compassion.

Have you checked out the tarot numerology software?

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:49 am

i have downloaded it, but havnt spent much time looking at it yet ..very insightful post

thanks

jld

Post by jld » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 am

Thanks

Right livelihood means that one should earn one's living in a righteous way and that wealth should be gained legally and peacefully.  Furthermore any other occupation that would violate the principles of right speech and right action should be avoided.

Huge reversals in life are common for the eight. Because reputation and community standing are of paramount importance, those who have it figured prominently would be wise to lead honest lives; otherwise any indiscretions will more than likely be uncovered in a most unflattering manner.

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:49 pm

Yes eastern numerologies consider number 8 very benefical, it is also 8 bagua directions.

Return to “Numerology”