Manual calculations verses software program?

For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

michbeek

Manual calculations verses software program?

Post by michbeek » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:53 pm

I have been manually calculating numerology charts and also pain-stakingly typing the meanings of each area, tweaked to each particular person.  It takes alot of time this way but the reading is much more personalized.

I am curious as to how other numerologists in this group create and deliver their chart readings?

Thanks a bunch,
Michelle

moonlitestonight

Manual versus computerized

Post by moonlitestonight » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:14 am

Michelle:  Just joined the group, not too sure if you will get this message.  I used to do charts manually but I dont like to type.  So I bought the Decoz program and with it I can delete any information I do not want to use and insert my own or additional information.  When I have the time, I want to compile all the information I have and somehow get it into my computer then I will just copy and paste and then type in any additional information I want to give.  I keep my charts fairly simple as I find most people just want the basics and too much information is overwhelming at first.  Then, if they want more, I will give it to them.  Good luck.  MLT

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:39 am

I agree with MLT.  I also use the same program to start with.  Then I read through the entire reading and edit out what I don't feel is right and add what is missing.  Point form is also better.  I also change the margins and fonts so that it is easier to read.

ragnarok11

Post by ragnarok11 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:32 am

I wrote my own program in javascript because all those I found tend to inadvertently reduce some Master numbers.

When it comes to interpretations, Decoz did a great job quantity wise but there are some grey areas that can go from silly to misleading so I've started writing up my own texts.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:46 am

In my opinion...the more you use an automatic process...the more you get closer to "The reader Marie Duval" (in Norway and surly other places this is an automatic reader that spam out readings for 50 US dollars....but the reading in itself have no value)

When we talk about a reader...we say they have to connect to the spirit world....get the message by cards...numbers...runes...and so on....but the main thing is....we connect.

When we do this by PC.....do we connect?....do our spirit connect to the pentium overdrive.?....or are we starting to be a Marie Duval?

I agree that it is easy and good to let the job be done by the pc.
We collect the same info again and again, but do the program manage what our brain manage, to see connections that lessen or strengthen a spread. Are we good enough to program such a software....in my opinion....no.

So the more we make "ready for use"  the more we move into the world of "Marie Duval" .....we give readings for pleasure....the weekend magazine :)

This is only my personal meaning of it :)

ragnarok11

Post by ragnarok11 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:13 pm

I agree on what you say on automated readings, but programs (esp for numerology) can save you so much time on the calculations.

The interpretation is a different animal. Software will never be able to give us a wholistic reading and that's where they sorely fail as we're not a sum of all the parts but a blending. And it takes experience to figure how the various vibes will interact with each other.

Like recently, I checked out various websites offering free astro readings using a friend's data. One of them stated her venus made her prone to cheating in a pretty dramatic tone. The RL person is so not like that. That's all a matter of potentials and the total outcome will depend on the rest of the chart that will mitigate or reinforce it.

theancient_dr

Mechanized -vs- Manual Numerology

Post by theancient_dr » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:50 am

Peace and greetings to you all----
Use the Decoz program and still do manual calculations.
The computerized output can be extensive, nothing wrong with that.

I am a student of the Old Ways - the cogitation applied to casting the numbers brings more meaning to the reading and one is led more deeply into the meanings, in my experience. But. it is also understood that each will have a preference they are led to.

peace and love--------TAD
~†~ LOVE IS THE ANSWER ~†~

Return to “Numerology”