Book Needed

For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

niirvana

Book Needed

Post by niirvana » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:28 am

Can someone plz get me names of books on numerology

angel2007

Numerology book

Post by angel2007 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:12 pm

I am trying to learn numerology as well and I bought a book which seems to be very good

It's called Numerology The Romance in Your Name

By Juno Jordan

Its ISBN is 0-87516-2274

I hope this helps.

niirvana

Books

Post by niirvana » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:35 pm

Hey I want E books , specially according to Chaldean Way

golf_gal

Glynis

Post by golf_gal » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:02 am

I think "Glynis has you number" is a great book

also Linda Goodman Star signs.

Malachai

Post by Malachai » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:29 am

Does anyone know of any numerology book, that explores the symbolic significance of number without boiling everything down to the first nine individual digits by a process of addition?

Try as I might I have never been able to find such a book.

For example, 44, 35, 91, 19, 80, 125 and 1232 are all surely very different numbers which surely must have a unique symbolic significance all of thier own, without boiling everything down under the banner of 'an 8'?

I know I've heard of such books, but never been able to find one. Suggestions?

reichild

Post by reichild » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:02 am

Malachai:
For example, 44, 35, 91, 19, 80, 125 and 1232 are all surely very different numbers which surely must have a unique symbolic significance all of thier own, without boiling everything down under the banner of 'an 8'?
(sorry...how do you get 8 from 91/19  :smt017 )

This is true...so what i would do in this situation is read the essence of (for example 125) the 1, 2 and the 5 and put them all together (just like you would do with a tarot reading with 1 or more cards) to make a story. Because...lets face it...all numerical systems (i know of) are numbers 1-9 and there-after...combinations of the same  :)

Other wise (as golf_gal said) Linda Goodmans book explores alot more number combo's than the average author (IMO).

Also Malachai...don't quote me on it (coz i haven't read it myself) but i googled your requirements...and came up with a couple...this one looks hopeful: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1564145 ... eader-link

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:46 pm

I think Linda Goodman's STAR SIGNS, is a decent book. I have read it  (not fully though), & it looks kinda good.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:24 pm

Okay, I'm confused, and not the first time ;)  I know of Ms. Goodman's Sun Signs book on astrology.  I assumed, I am guessing incorrectly, that her Star Signs book is about numerology, not astrology.  May seem obvious but I assumed otherwise and have been thinking what one book would get me up to speed.  Also, if it is indeed numerology, oh heck, I can google too...

Hmm, I was wrong and right?  Didn't see that coming.  This from Amazon:

Linda Goodman, America's premier astrologer, has written an enlightening and remarkably accurate cuide to help you discover all the powers you possess. How can you achieve financial freedom and financial security? Which holistic healing methods really work? What hidden meanings can be found in numbers, words, and deja vu? How can music, color and crystals be used to improve your body and your mind?With her usual compassion, wit, and perception, Linda Goodman broadens the horizons of astrology to help you on your way to health and happiness.

Seems to be a good book to get regardless, because of the wide variety of topics included, as my working knowledge of many of those subjects is seriously found wanting.  Gods above, sometimes my mind feels like a thimble and the information input is like a blast from a firehose.  No way of getting it all.  Anyway, I'll stick with my question. What numerology book would be the best one to get from basically no knowledge to (at least) some knowldege.  All I know how to do is calculate my first/middle/last name to a "9" but that's all I know.
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

moonlitestonight

Numerology books

Post by moonlitestonight » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:36 pm

Nirvana:  WHen I started my numerology studies, I used the library and copied out info that I wanted or needed as some of the books in the library were no longer being published.  As well, I checked in used book stores and bought what I could afford.  When I got a computer, there was so much information available it was mind boggling!!  I can't recommend one book as each book I have has one or more different or unique things to offer.  But if you are just beginning I would recommend any smaller book that covers the basics.  As well, something I found out, is that each numerology book will have a different approach or call a "Life Path" by a different name, or add differently, etc.  You just have to decide on what you want and how you want to approach numerology.  That is why I would suggest checking out a variety of books by a variety of authors.  Good Luck.    Moonlitestonight

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:55 pm

reichild wrote:(sorry...how do you get 8 from 91/19  :smt017 )
Subtracting instead of adding, apparently  :smt003
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:55 am

Malachai wrote:Does anyone know of any numerology book, that explores the symbolic significance of number without boiling everything down to the first nine individual digits by a process of addition?

Try as I might I have never been able to find such a book.

I know I've heard of such books, but never been able to find one. Suggestions?
Are you talking about the Gemetria Numerology?
aka: Gimetria

19-Folly, insanity
35-Health, peace, happiness
44-Elevation, power
80-Protection, recovery, convalescence
91- (90) Affliction grief, error, blindness (1)Ambition, passion, purpose
125- (100) Divine favor, angels, spirits (25) Intelligence, Progeny
1232- (1000) Sympathy, mercy (200) Hesitation, fear (32) Union, embrace, marriage

catica

Post by catica » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:48 pm

Must know numerology and studies numerology book for use the ms numerology software?

jawallac27

Post by jawallac27 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Here's a list of what's in my library. Like an earlier poster suggested, reading a variety of authors really helps.

AUTHOR: TITLE/comments (if any)

Avery: Numbers of Life

Buess: Forever Numerology

Buess: Numerology for the New Age

Buess: Numerology: Nuances in Relationships

Bunker: Numerology and your Future

Campbell: Your Days Are Numbered

Connolly: Book of Numerology Books I & II (Different calculation methods; details – intriguing.)

Cooper: Numerology: Nuances in Relationships

Cooper: Understanding Numerology: A Practice Guide to the Power of Numbers

Dar*Lim: I’ve Got Your Number

Decoz: Numerology

Dodge: Numerology Has Your Number (Information about challenges)

Gibson: The Science of Numerology

Goodman: Modern Numerology

Goodwin: Numerology: Complete Guide Vols I & II

Gruner: Mark Gruner’s Numbers of Life: An intro to numerology

Heline: Sacred Science of Numbers

Javane/Bunker: Numerology and the Divine Triangle

Javane: Master Numbers: Cycles of Divine Order

Johari: Numerology w/Tantra, Ayurveda & Astrology

Jordan: The Romance in your Name

Knowles/Bunker: Birthday Numerology (Anything by Dusty Bunker and/or Faith Javane is awesome!)

Lawlor: Sacred Geometry

Lewis/AMORC: Self Mastery & Fate: Cycles of Life (AMORC=Rosicrucians/Rosy Cross – intriguing look at life cycles – but NOT numerology cycles – a possible tie in for interpreting charts?)

Mars: Numerological Method

Poole: The Numeric Personality

Schimmel: Understanding Numerology (Connects numbers to mythology & the ancient world)

Schneider: A Beginner’s Guide to Constructing the Universe: The Mathematical Archetypes of Nature, Art, and Science (Oh my goodness – how numbers relate to everything. Invaluable. Mind expanding. Not a ‘numerology book’ – an esoteric, albeit easy to understand look at the numbers 1-9, sacred geometry, math, architecture, and nature.)

Seton: Symbols of Numerology

Shine: Numerology: Your Character & Future Revealed in Numbers (Cool way to chart energy flow of the numbers and between the numbers)

Steiner: Occult Signs and Symbols

Strayhorn: Numbers & You: A Numerology Guide for Everday Living (my first numerology book)

Virtue: Angel Numbers

West: Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt (sacred geometry)

Wood: Genisis: The First Book of Revelations (yes, that’s GenISIS)(Another Oh My. Big on Egyptian Mysteries. An imported book, not easy to get a hold of. A must for anyone who’s interested in the Mysteries, though you may not understand what you’re reading for several years…)

Delphina

Post by Delphina » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi jawallac27

Welcome to the mystic board.  

That is quite the library ;-)

Delphina

jawallac27

Post by jawallac27 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:48 am

Thanks Delphina. It's nice to be here. I've been collecting books for years. Never did readings except for friends, but found the subject fascinating.

Return to “Numerology”