Life Partner Description - Need a bit of help interpreting

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

VirgoScorpio

Life Partner Description - Need a bit of help interpreting

Post by VirgoScorpio » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Ok so I tried this spread from the Aeclectic Tarot forums. The Layout is like this:

2           3
  4           5

1.) The person you'll be with in a nutshell
2.) How they treat others
3.) How they treat themselves
4.) How they'll treat you
5.) The sexiest thing about them/what you won't be able to resist
6.) The feeling you create when you're together

I asked what kind of personal qualities my life partner would have and I got the following results:

1.) 4 OF WANDS
2.) KING OF WANDS
3.) 9 OF WANDS
4.) JUDGEMENT
5.) THE DEVIL
6.) 4 OF SWORDS

... *Sound of crickets in the background*

Honestly the only position in this entire spread that I could understand was The Devil, since its a card of lust I'm guessing they'll be physically attractive.

Can anyone offer any help with the interpretation? Would be greatly appreciated :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm

You are not serious with this question, are you?

Why would you want a description of your life partner for goodness sake! Go and experience having partner(s) first.

Are you by any chance the same person as Whiterabbit727?  Hmmmmmmmmmm

A similar question was asked in the Tarot Reading forum and the same response applies to you too.

Enjoy life and stop digging in too deep into the future.

VirgoScorpio

Post by VirgoScorpio » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:29 am

.. Who the hell is Whiterabbit727?? LOL I don't know anyone on here other than myself :P

And for your information there are a lot of spreads over on Aeclectic Tarot forums that are predictive. Spreads like "Future career description", "Soul mate description", "Marriage Partner description" etc etc. I've finally gotton around to learning tarot and I've only been at it for  months now but I'm getting better.

It's just a bit of fun, so chill out. I asked for an interpretation, not a lecture. If you can't shed any light on the placements then just avoid my topic :) At least I still have my trusty generic tarot book.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:38 am

It's just a bit of fun, so chill out. I asked for an interpretation, not a lecture. If you can't shed any light on the placements then just avoid my topic  At least I still have my trusty generic tarot book.

With respect, but I dont take the tarot as ''just a bit of fun''. I dont also care what spreads members have come up with at the Aeclectic site; I know the site.

If you wish to learn, then that is fine, but if you are here for ''just a bit of fun'' - sorry to hear that.

Good day to you.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:01 pm

What happened to Rhuto's entry?

VirgoScorpio

Post by VirgoScorpio » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:22 am

I have no idea.

hollwpumkn

Post by hollwpumkn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Geeee wiiizz! Someones a little stuffy! Why are the people on this site so cold? Sorry bout that VirgoScorpio. I think that is what the Tarot is all about! Digging into your future, seeing what has not yet come to pass, and using that information to navigate your path in life, that IS the tarot!
Now as for your reading here is my interpretation.
So in a nutshell i would say they are stable, passionate, creative and successful. Possibly spiritual too. They treat others with maturity and respect and approach them from a spiritual, creative point. It's possible they will be a bit country like with good manners yet at times can be too hasty or hot headed. How they treat themselves is in a way good and in a way bad. It looks like this person is a very hard worker and possibly has many goals they want to accomplish and no matter what they just keep going to achieve success. Only problem with this is they might not take such good care of their health and push themselves too hard at times. As for how they will treat you I believe they will be very positive and accepting of you and your past. There is peace and enlightenment. What you won't be able to resist is clearly sexual! They may be the typical "bad boy" or girl for that matter and ooze sex appeal. This person truly is irresistible.  It looks like together you create a peaceful state of mind. There is a stable foundation and a meditative state. Perhaps you will each bring healing to one another. You will each enjoy the comfort you bring to each others lives and put the past behind you. I hope that helps :)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:20 am

hollwpumkn wrote:Geeee wiiizz! Someones a little stuffy! Why are the people on this site so cold? Sorry bout that VirgoScorpio. I think that is what the Tarot is all about! Digging into your future, seeing what has not yet come to pass, and using that information to navigate your path in life, that IS the tarot!
So in a nutshell i would say they are stable, passionate, creative and successful. Possibly spiritual too. They treat others with maturity and respect and approach them from a spiritual, creative point. It's possible they will be a bit country like with good manners yet at times can be too hasty or hot headed. How they treat themselves is in a way good and in a way bad. It looks like this person is a very hard worker and possibly has many goals they want to accomplish and no matter what they just keep going to achieve success. Only problem with this is they might not take such good care of their health and push themselves too hard at times. As for how they will treat you I believe they will be very positive and accepting of you and your past. There is peace and enlightenment. What you won't be able to resist is clearly sexual! They may be the typical "bad boy" or girl for that matter and ooze sex appeal. This person truly is irresistible.  It looks like together you create a peaceful state of mind. There is a stable foundation and a meditative state. Perhaps you will each bring healing to one another. You will each enjoy the comfort you bring to each others lives and put the past behind you. I hope that helps :)
Very nice :)
And by doing this you learned something...you had to work with the spread, and you was able to put it together so it become a whole, and not just a bunch of key words.

Our attitude might seem cold, but I am on the other hand sure that you had more benefit from doing the Reading then VirgoScorpio had to read it, because if one really want to learn, then one have to try...make an effort....and when that is seen...help is so much easier to give.....but again....we are not talking about "8 o'clock news", and the only way to learn is to get ones own understanding of the cards, and own understanding of question and seeker, if not, then it only become a bunch of words, mimicked from other, and as Reader it has no value.:)

George

a reply to you

Post by George » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Ok so I tried this spread from the Aeclectic Tarot forums. The Layout is like this:

2           3
4           5

I asked what kind of personal qualities my life partner would have and I got the following results:

1.) 4 OF WANDS
2.) KING OF WANDS
3.) 9 OF WANDS
4.) JUDGEMENT
5.) THE DEVIL
6.) 4 OF SWORDS

Honestly the only position in this entire spread that I could understand was The Devil, since its a card of lust I'm guessing they'll be physically attractive.

Can anyone offer any help with the interpretation? Would be greatly appreciated  

The biggest problem with helping someone with reading a spread that they did, is that I didn’t do the spread and lay the cards myself!  I can’t read you cards because only YOU can.  Now, in saying that I think I know what you are looking for.  You want guidance and probably reassurance that you are on the right path with reading your cards.  Well, that at least, is what I felt when I first started reading the Tarot.
BTW what deck are you using?
FYI, I don’t know the Aeclectic Tarot forums.  I would never do a serious reading with this type of Spread for myself or anyone, but I‘m not past the humor of it and having fun with.  ;)  
From the book because I am not getting any feelings what so ever from you like I did when I did your reading with my cards.  Also, I do reading from intuition and not my books.  Btw, I am a beginner too for about year or two with reading the Tarot.  
1. IV of wands would be someone that is constrictive, with a solid foundation and thought out.
2. King of Wands would treat people professional with confidence and authoritative.
3. IX of Wands would define himself, protect himself.
4. Judgment  “as ye sow so shall ye rep”  meaning will treat you like he would have you treat him.
5. The Devil (the book I have doesn’t give a meaning for the Devil ie the page is literally blank.  LOL  
6. Iv of Swords is like “you need to get away from it all and I would assume together.
If I was reading the Devil in the position “The sexiest thing about them/what you won't be able to resist
I would say that because the couple are in chains that the sexiest thing about your partner is that they like bondage.  
Yeah, I know a long way to go for a joke.   Like you wrote “... *Sound of crickets in the background*”  

The only real point I wanted to make is that the spread is really not what you want to take away from learning and reading Tarot.  I can’t imagine that this spread would work for anyone and/or give a good answer to the question who a person is.
Those type of questions aren't the best to led you on a path in Tarot.  Use the cards for a understand of YOU and not them and how you interact with them.  
any question feel free to ask and i will try to answer question with the rest of out little community here.  :smt006

amethyst3640

Virgo Scorpio

Post by amethyst3640 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:38 am

Were did you get the tarot done, was it on Mysticboard. I recently got a divine-tarot reading. I have, tried to understand the tarot also.

VirgoScorpio

Post by VirgoScorpio » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:38 am

hollwpumkn wrote:Geeee wiiizz! Someones a little stuffy! Why are the people on this site so cold? Sorry bout that VirgoScorpio. I think that is what the Tarot is all about! Digging into your future, seeing what has not yet come to pass, and using that information to navigate your path in life, that IS the tarot!
aww thankyou so much for doing this :) Really appreciate it. The spread I did makes a lot more sense to me now.

I have found a few members on this borad to be a bit rude but its ok, nothing I take too personally. I just think a lot of members who have been on the forum for a long time develop a bit of a complex lol. But still I shouldn't have snapped back, really.

I agree with using the tarot to look into the future and define a clearer path in life. People always say you should read in the present and how you are... But there's no one you know better than yourself, so that's why when I get readings, or do them for myself I always ask about the future unless I have a specific issue in the present that has me stuck.

VirgoScorpio

Re: a reply to you

Post by VirgoScorpio » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 am

George wrote:Ok so I tried this spread from the Aeclectic Tarot forums. The Layout is like this:

2           3
4           5

1.) 4 OF WANDS
2.) KING OF WANDS
3.) 9 OF WANDS
4.) JUDGEMENT
5.) THE DEVIL
6.) 4 OF SWORDS

Can anyone offer any help with the interpretation? Would be greatly appreciated  

The biggest problem with helping someone with reading a spread that they did, is that I didn’t do the spread and lay the cards myself!  I can’t read you cards because only YOU can.  Now, in saying that I think I know what you are looking for.  You want guidance and probably reassurance that you are on the right path with reading your cards.  Well, that at least, is what I felt when I first started reading the Tarot.
BTW what deck are you using?
FYI, I don’t know the Aeclectic Tarot forums.  I would never do a serious reading with this type of Spread for myself or anyone, but I‘m not past the humor of it and having fun with.  ;)  
From the book because I am not getting any feelings what so ever from you like I did when I did your reading with my cards.  Also, I do reading from intuition and not my books.  Btw, I am a beginner too for about year or two with reading the Tarot.  
1. IV of wands would be someone that is constrictive, with a solid foundation and thought out.
2. King of Wands would treat people professional with confidence and authoritative.
3. IX of Wands would define himself, protect himself.
4. Judgment  “as ye sow so shall ye rep”  meaning will treat you like he would have you treat him.
5. The Devil (the book I have doesn’t give a meaning for the Devil ie the page is literally blank.  LOL  
6. Iv of Swords is like “you need to get away from it all and I would assume together.
If I was reading the Devil in the position “The sexiest thing about them/what you won't be able to resist
I would say that because the couple are in chains that the sexiest thing about your partner is that they like bondage.  
Yeah, I know a long way to go for a joke.   Like you wrote “... *Sound of crickets in the background*”  

The only real point I wanted to make is that the spread is really not what you want to take away from learning and reading Tarot.  I can’t imagine that this spread would work for anyone and/or give a good answer to the question who a person is.
Those type of questions aren't the best to led you on a path in Tarot.  Use the cards for a understand of YOU and not them and how you interact with them.  
any question feel free to ask and i will try to answer question with the rest of out little community here.  :smt006
Thanks for your input too, George :) Helped shed even more light on the meanings.

I actually use the Tarot De Marseilles, which I find I have to pretty much go on meanings alone, because the art style is so plain and there isn't much in the images to draw from.

Another deck I've been practicing with is the Vampire Tarot, which is a lot more visual.

SaturninLibra

Post by SaturninLibra » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:16 am

someone answer me this:      can tarot really answer who your life partner will be like?    is this true?      does it work?

Return to “Tarot”