i called professional tarot card reader and this is what she said.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

happi

i called professional tarot card reader and this is what she said.

Post by happi » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 pm

i asked her if the card tells the future and she said yes they do and i asked her if so then how many years or how far they could tell the future. she said entire life time. can anyone tell me the truth because when i was doing my research and found that tarot card do not tell the future. they are accurately tell the present or current situations. can anyone answer my question if they could really tell the future.

SaturninLibra

Post by SaturninLibra » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:18 am

thats is wierd.   i thought a reading was valid only 3-6 months!    i dont know i have done readings on my own for myself and when I read them I get pretty much what is going on currently.     maybe a tarot professional will answer your question better.

happi

hi saturninlibra

Post by happi » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:15 am

that was an answer from the professional.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:36 am

Who is professional, and who is not...which test have they gone through...who have given them certification?

I think it is an easy us of the word professional....and I think it most apply to how "often"  he/she do her/his trade, if they try to live from it, or take payment, they call themselves Professionals....but again....that can we all do...because there is no certifications.

In fact, a newcomer with good understanding of the cards, and an open mind, might do a much better job then an Professional, who mostly do it for money, and who have a more narrow insight on others life.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 am

I agree with Rhuto fully!

What is Professional? What is its definition? A professional is someone who makes a living out of doing something; they are not necessarily the ultimate authority in what they do.

I dont believe any reading is valid for an entire lifetime. We cannot put such criteria on readings nor can we say that the tarot cannot tell the future. It is how you ask your question and what insight/messages you get from the cards. Then it is up to you how or if you wish to follow the advice given. Then, it has the potential of shaping your future.

happi

hi

Post by happi » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:59 pm

even you have admited that card do tell the future. just like the lady have said.
cedars wrote:I agree with Rhuto fully!

What is Professional? What is its definition? A professional is someone who makes a living out of doing something; they are not necessarily the ultimate authority in what they do.

I dont believe any reading is valid for an entire lifetime. We cannot put such criteria on readings nor can we say that the tarot cannot tell the future. It is how you ask your question and what insight/messages you get from the cards. Then it is up to you how or if you wish to follow the advice given. Then, it has the potential of shaping your future.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:51 pm

They can show a "most likely future" based on past and current behaviour. And yet having a reading already influences your view on the case, and that may be enough to alter the pattern, and the outcome.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:38 pm

happi said:
even you have admited that card do tell the future. just like the lady have said.
I never said I disagreed. Why the 'even'?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:39 pm

I disagreed about the 'life time' issue and also questioned your concept of a 'professional' .

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi Happi,

We know you, from the previous time when you spammed MB, and was blocked. Do you think that because you can come to MB and not pay for a reading, we are not professional?? Some of the readers, be it in which forum, has perhaps been doing this for longer than can be labelled as "professional".

There was a topic on how does Tarot work, so here, have a good read and then decide who is a professional or who is fly by night. :smt018

How does Tarot Work?

Hi,
Tarot is much of a muchness?

Most of the time "cold reading" is far better than what we may consider good. The reader has to always be "neutral" to be able to give sound advice. When you then do a reading for yourself, you need to distance yourself from what is "perceived" by you, to be good or bad for yourself.

To read cards effectively is not a matter of catching fish. The very real psychic intuition is at play and most of the times the reader would grasp from that ability to translate and interpret the messages that a querent "should" consider. Take note, "should" not must. Nothing is cast in stone.

The question asked, is most probably one of the most recurrent of all the others regarding Tarot.

We need to consider that we are dealing with psychic abilities, spiritual enlightenment and perhaps archetypical models. To a large extend, Tarot cards are described or meanings attached, which would constitute definite influences on mind, body and soul. Let's then say, if you read upright only, 78 archetypes exist and in upright and reversed, 156 different scenarios.

How do we now interpret or assimilate real life to a deck of cards?

Very Simple!

Your past, and what happened, is known throughout the spirit world. Being Psychic, means that the reader has a real conversation with spirit entities, not "ghosts and ghouls", or the scary stuff!! So, being Psychic to a great extend elevates the reader to a level which other people do not achieve in this life and on this planet, at this stage. :smt004 .

Walking on thin ice here, your past, determines your present, which in turn predicts your future! If you are therefore prone to a certain cycle, chances are that it would be repetitive throughout your life, anyway?

The next question: How can the cards then be so correct? Consider this, spirits has the ability to manipulate certain objects as they please or asked to do. Your spirit guides in many instances will redirect traffic or anything other to ensure your safety! Do you for one moment think that they can't do it to a card? Another view. Each person has an Aura. When you get to a reader, these auras would interchange information or let's say "vibrations". Therefore don't be amazed when a reader picks up a secret you've been hiding? Ask no questions you hear no lies?

What I’m getting to: Each and every person has the ability to redirect their lives to a great extend. Whichever cycle you have started will merely continue to complete itself at or on its own time! Some take one day, others years?

The cards is a tool for the reader to interpret the images clearer to you, the querent. In other words, instead of being the driver, the reader is only the navigator; the movement comes from the Psychic revelations, via the cards.

Reading a spread flat bang, is not how it happens, as the spread is opened, a picture starts to form, and from there, the puzzle is put together one piece at a time, until completed.

I hope you find some insight into the way I interpreted your question.

Blessed be!
Do as you want, Harm none!

Kaperuzita

Post by Kaperuzita » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 pm

I agree with the idea that the Tarot can show future "tendencies". If somebody is continously making wrong decissions or mixing with the wrong people, it's not hard to predict that he/she will continue to do so unless there is a change of attitude and so on...However, I've heard of tarot readers that give specific dates in the future in which certain events will happen but, how can we truly know if it was the cards or the predisposition the reader has after being read his/her future?

Tricky, tricky...

x.o.x

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:28 pm

:) It would be quite interesting to know how many of those dates have proven to be accurate, like what percentage of them come true from a certain reader. If a certain reader gets a high rate of hits, then hey, keep paying that chap, it's certainly worth it.

I have never felt confident enough to give dates, but things tend to happen quite shortly after the reading, at least the short term cards. Do we really need a specific date? Are our agendas so busy we must try to fit in destiny among our other appointments?  :smt003
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 am

I don't see how cards could give specific dates.  Open mindedly I suppose a card-reader with a psychic element maybe able to predict dates intuitively, but I simply don't see this as a function of the tarot.

I also don't see how the cards can be used to predict the future without some element of the present, I mean the question surely involves some issue in the present.  Eg if it is a question regarding lovelife, the querent surely has some issue regarding their current situation, whether it be being single, or a troubled relationship.  The question usually revolves around some issue in the present for which guidance is required (from my PoV not a definitive answer - the future is subject to the element of choice).

Thats my opinion anyhow.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:06 am

Tarot cards and/or spreads usually tackle the present too.
Look at any spread and the Present is always there to give the basis of the past and the future.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 am

Dates can most definitely predicted, if the reader has had enough experience, but few will travel that road, being experienced, we know better not to do that, there are numerous systems of predicting time periods or maybe getting back to general, maybe, prediction. I have predicted specific days, from when the reading was done, but not months down the line, and was 100% correct.

I've posted some theories on Google docs: these are the links;

Tarot suits--
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyuZ ... NWZn&hl=en

Major Arcanum
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZyuZ ... cWM1&hl=en

You'll see that the cards are allocated in regard the degrees, about ten degrees- one degree is one day.

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

Return to “Tarot”