Doing a reading on the gender of my baby

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

violet19

Doing a reading on the gender of my baby

Post by violet19 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:50 am

So I am just learning Tarot.  I was trying to do a reading on the gender of my baby.  I pulled The Moon card XVIII which my understanding is a Female engery card.  The second card I pulled was the wheel of fortune.  Then my husband pulled The Star XVII and his second card was an upside down Ten of Rods.  

Going by these cards do you think the cards are saying I am having a girl?  

Just trying to get some clarification.  

Thanks in advance!  :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:44 am

I am constantly bemused by this gender thing amongst expectant mothers.

What is the big deal here?

Why can't you wait until your ultra scan by which time you will know scientifically the gender of your baby?

I would not even pick a single card for the purposes of guessing the gender of an unborn child. I dont work that way with the cards and I do not really know what your cards are trying to say about the sex of your unborn child, if they are saying anything at all.

I do not think the cards are meant to be used that way. But, hey, that is only my attitude and belief.

Others are welcome to make their guess.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:39 am

we have a very strong policy in terms or readings which precludes readings for pregancy, health and gender issues.

I wish you well in the future and look forwards to hearing about the birth of your baby.

Suzi
Mod
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

violet19

Post by violet19 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:54 pm

cedars wrote:I am constantly bemused by this gender thing amongst expectant mothers.

Why can't you wait until your ultra scan by which time you will know scientifically the gender of your baby?

I would not even pick a single card for the purposes of guessing the gender of an unborn child. I dont work that way with the cards and I do not really know what your cards are trying to say about the sex of your unborn child, if they are saying anything at all.

I do not think the cards are meant to be used that way. But, hey, that is only my attitude and belief.

Others are welcome to make their guess.
I don't care what the gender of my baby is, I am waiting for it to be a delivery surprise.  I am trying to become familar with my cards and the meanings.  I figured this was an easy one to start out with, as a Tarot reader I saw told me that this was how you did the reading.

I guess this is not the forum to ask questions.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:12 pm

I guess this is not the forum to ask questions.
Violet it is understandable that you are affronted by these replies,  there are many people here that would be willing to help a new reader so please give the forum another chance :)

Suzisco  Violet, a new member has asked a question that has been asked before and many times. Perhaps these types of thread could be handled better? There is a thread here http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=66002 it is not shut nor has any moderator deemed to post that it is against the rules so no wonder new members get confused and upset when met with the reaction on this thread? A short polite message could have been left perhaps even with some advice to try a different question, or area for a reading? It does seem to be that this forum is in need of more active moderators that visit regularly so that situations like this do not arise as often as they do, I am sure you are extremely busy but there does seem to be a distinct lack of visible moderators around.

Cassie
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

violet19

Post by violet19 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Thank you Cassie.  I honestly was not looking for a reading (which I could understand people getting upset with), just help with understanding the cards.  I do appreciate your response. :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:26 pm

I don't care what the gender of my baby is, I am waiting for it to be a delivery surprise.  I am trying to become familiar with my cards and the meanings.  I figured this was an easy one to start out with, as a Tarot reader
I saw told me that this was how you did the reading.
Whoever told you that was wrong.
There are so many ways to get familiar with the cards.

1) Pick one for yourself every morning.
2) Pick one for your husband every morning.

Go over the meaning the way you understand and see the card. Write the names of the cards in a journal or leave them  somewhere so that you can refer to them at the end of the day. Compare your notes at the end of the day and look at the cards again. Then, if you have a book that you are following with the meanings, refer to the book as well.  See what the cards tell you at the end of the day and how did it compare with your own instinctual interpretation.

Then gradually you can increase the number from One card to three and ask what would be the energies of the day around me or the highlights of the day. You can do this for yourself and for others if you like. The more exposure you give yourself with the cards, the more you will get acquainted with them. It is a slow process am afraid.

As a beginner, which you say you are, you have picked a very difficult topic to practise with the cards. I am not even sure if the cards would answer such a question. You probably did it for fun, and I am sorry if I came on too strongly, but this question is frequently asked by pregnant women even though it says in our guide for reading requests. Whilst you may not asked the question specifically as a request for a gender reading... but I'm sorry it came across that way.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=26406
5. When asking questions, please word your question carefully, think about the content and take responsibility for the question.

i. Questions that are deemed to be offensive or unsuitable or life threatening will be removed.  Please do not ask unsuitable questions about health, pregnancy etc as these will also be locked or removed. Only a qualified medical practitioner is able to diagnose or prescribe and for subjects such as these please refer to your own doctor.
Am sure many here would be happy to answer your questions about tarot.
Enjoy your tarot journey.

o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:10 pm

I am constantly bemused by this gender thing amongst expectant mothers.

It looks like we have a Buzz Killington on our hands here. :smt018

What does it matter to you if someone's excited and wondering about the gender of their baby? I agree that I would never do this for anyone else, but for myself, I'm also expecting and plan to pull out the tarot and pendulum and see what it says, for fun.
I don't care what the gender of my baby is, I am waiting for it to be a delivery surprise.  I am trying to become familiar with my cards and the meanings.  I figured this was an easy one to start out with, as a Tarot reader
I saw told me that this was how you did the reading.
Now THIS I would disagree with. Tarot are not meant to predict things. They are not magical cards that will tell you the future. Different people will draw different cards for the exact same question - why? Because they're meant to be interpreted by the reader. A card might have a symbol in it that means something to you and nothing to another reader. They're meant to help you and others work issues out and come to a better understanding of a given situation, to present your options and let you consider them. In my opinion they tell you what you already know.

For becoming familiar with your cards-

Draw a card for yourself ever day and interpret it. Make notes in the morning, then at the end of the day, go over your day and compare to your notes.

Do not ask future-predicting questions, or "yes and no" questions.

Heck, a card might mean something to you one day, and something else the next. You can read up on the traditional meanings, but you need to learn to be intuitive and trust your instincts and look at the cards in the context of the specific situation.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Cascade of Light

your opinion is noted, its in the minority and in fact comes from you solely.  If you do not like the way the forum is moderated please feel free to speak to the owner of the site directly.

As previously stated I do not ever have to justify myself to you.  Please do not jump on peoples threads to cause trouble and a bad atmosphere.  Its direspectful and quite frankly uncalled for.  Please feel free to have the courtesy of messaging myself or swetha directly rather than continuing what is now becoming a very tedious attack on the moderators of this site.  If you persist in being negative and unhelpful your membership will require revision.

Suzi
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:52 pm

violet19 wrote:Thank you Cassie.  I honestly was not looking for a reading (which I could understand people getting upset with), just help with understanding the cards.  I do appreciate your response. :)
Thanks Violet, unfortunately sometimes my heart and good intentions get me into hot water.

Cassie xx
Cas x

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Suzisco,

I apologise.

Cassie x
Cas x

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:51 pm

thank you :)

Suzi X

Return to “Tarot”