I am interested in Tarot learning. How/where to start?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Eskhe

I am interested in Tarot learning. How/where to start?

Post by Eskhe » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:24 pm

I am new to Tarot reading.
Can anyone help in learning this quick?
Also, guide me where to start this?

Thanks,
Eskhe

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Try to search through the titles of the threads in this section of the forum and you will notice some people have asked the same question before you, or similar and that there is already a fount of info out there. For example http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 11&start=0

And if you go to the home section and scroll down you will notice there is a section "learn tarot". Obviously that seems like a good resource to start reading and learning and ask info to get you started. So go read that section.

You can't learn Tarot quickly for the simple reason that Tarot was designed to give you answers about life situations and well life situations are not easy. Nor will tarot give you easy ready made answers of hour, time, date and place, or an easy yes or no. It takes time to learn to "read" Tarot and time to "read" the cards.

I emphasised "read", because that is what Tarot is about: "reading" cards, reading meanings, reading books and forums and sites to learn to read the meaning. So my best advice to you right now is: start reading ;) The more you read, the more you learn :D
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

saboinia

one more thing

Post by saboinia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:34 am

you also might want to keep a tarot journal.  shuffel the deck asking what the day will bring then look up every possible meaning to the card in the morning, then before bed go back to your journal and record the major events of your day. did any thing stick out or conencide with the meaing of your card? this exorcize will imporove your accuracy and get you familiar with the cards.

s_pimpale

Tarot Guide

Post by s_pimpale » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Hello, u can check out the following tarot guides:
1: The key to the tarot - A.E.Waite
2: Guide to the tarot - Ca triona Kirkpatrick
Swapnil

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Eskhe
You have been given some good answers to your question, especially the one about avoiding Yes or No questions and the tiiming issue, which is being discussed in this forum.

Just get to know the cards...... look at the pictures..... see what they tell you.
There is AMPLE information under the Learn Tarot section of this site where there are different opinions about the cards. Look at your card, make your own opinion and then read the others'......

Good luck and we are all here to help you further.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:20 am

Hi Eshke,

To learn Tarot takes a lifetime, you never stop learning. You will notice that every reader has their own "intepritations". And it varies considerably. The basic or original meanings are but guidelines.

A technique wich was explained is to actually take each card at a time, remove it from your deck. Then shuffle your deck well. Draw three cards and see if their meanings give you an interpritation. Questions you may want to ask is: What is the positive attributes, negative attributes. What is a situation it describes. These meanings will then become your own, by which you can easily read your cards.

Blessed be
Do as you want, Harm none!

Return to “Tarot”