your favourite tarot method

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:08 am

I started with 1 card a day, then moved to 3 cards, and eventually moved to the Celtic Cross... Originally I found it hard, but it has long ago grown on me. I like it because I can use it to show either myself or the querent what pattern thinking they are blocking themselves with (turning the 4 wheel cards 4 times - basis, past, above, short future). For the same reason I occasionally use the tree-spread... another 10 card spread. I especially started to like the Celtic Cross when I started to read for others in an intuitive manner, when I started to "channel" info. On the one hand Tarot helps me not to start saying stuff that is not directly on the queren'ts mind and freak 'em out, and gives me enough cards to go in depth. And I think it's useful to help the querent realize intuitively that their query can never have a simple answer: no yes or no, no exact time, hour and place, or exact who.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

greenmerlin

Post by greenmerlin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:15 pm

I think of a question and pick cards until I have an answer. I like the celtic cross too, but I've found my spread-less informal method to be quite helpful.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Whatever suits you greenmerlin.
There are no rules; you just follow what comes within.

Return to “Tarot”