a tarot spread for dreams

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

dafphodil

a tarot spread for dreams

Post by dafphodil » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 am

i had a really strange and intense dream the other night. which is unusual for me because i usually dont ever remember my dreams. it was kind of personal, and i trust my own judgement when it comes to interpretting things like that so i was wondering if any of you know any good detailed tarot dream interpretation spreads? there is this 11 card one that i really like:  but it doesn't give any further information about those different card positions (for example, the one called "spirit guide"..????). do you know any that are similar? or use about the same amount of cards?

spygrrl007

Post by spygrrl007 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:28 pm

First off-  This would be a great start to track a dream journal-
I would recommend writing out as much as possible that you can remember from the dream- key symbols, feelings, names, specific events in your dream.

I would then let a card choose me to meditate on concerning the dream- the cards that usually are chosen are one of the court cards- or possibly the Moon or Sun card- I would then meditate on that specific card in relation to the dream.  I believe you will find your answer there-  journal the card, as it is probably your guide, and the meditation and compare it to your dream.

I know you asked for a specific spread- maybe others here have a good one to use- for me I believe in dreams, that mediation and using the journal works well for me personally.

Good Luck-
love & blessings.
Single/stay at home moms?? Let's connect.

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Here is one that I created to explain some of my own dreams and so far it has worked well.

This is only with 5 cards but if you need details, you can add two cards to each position, which would make it 15 cards.

----3----
2---1---4
----5----

1: Me
2: life context and external influence of my dream
3: why did I dream this dream?
4: what is the dream telling me/ message
5: outcome/lesson taught/future events

Perhaps you can try it and let me know what you think....
:)

spygrrl007

Post by spygrrl007 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:08 pm

farafina wrote:Here is one that I created to explain some of my own dreams and so far it has worked well.

This is only with 5 cards but if you need details, you can add two cards to each position, which would make it 15 cards.

----3----
2---1---4
----5----

1: Me
2: life context and external influence of my dream
3: why did I dream this dream?
4: what is the dream telling me/ message
5: outcome/lesson taught/future events

Perhaps you can try it and let me know what you think....
:)
I would like to thank you for this spread.... I will try it -in addition to meditating on specific dreams.

I have many books on Tarot- but dream spreads I have noticed are not as popular.
Single/stay at home moms?? Let's connect.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:29 pm

That's a nice one my good friend

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:30 pm

That's a nice spread my good friend, I meant to say :smt015

farafina

Post by farafina » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 am

I'm glad you like it Cedars. This spread has helped me a lot and given me accurate interpretations for my dreams. It is really amazing because it helps me also distance myself emotionally from the emtoions of my dreams to understand the meaning more objectively.

;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:05 pm

I will try it the next time I have a dream which I can remember in the morning :)

DreamSue

Doing Tarot on a Dream

Post by DreamSue » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:56 pm

Hello, I like the spread that farfina suggested.  The only thing that I would add is that you should do the spread soon after waking up while you are still close to the dream state.  Just draw the cards and record them, then study them later on.  Also, a single dream is like tearing a page out of a long Russian novel and trying to figure out the total story.   Spygrrl007 is right about journaling.  Dream language is more or less unique to you, and it takes some time to figure out your patterns and themes -- which I am sure you already knew.  You can also try directed dreaming as a way to approach the root of the dream issue.  If you have questions about directed dreaming, let me know.
Wishing Peace for you and yours - DreamSue

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:29 am

Yes, please, what is directed dreaming DreamSue?
Thank you.

Return to “Tarot”