The world or the universe card?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

xmeli

The world or the universe card?

Post by xmeli » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey I was wondering about the meaning of the card known as "the world" or "the universe" by some.
Ive heard it means the ending of trouble and well that it means good things basically.
But One person told me it was a bad card.
So my question is what conditions does this card means good things and which conditions does it mean the opposite?

Thanks!

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi xmeli
Generally it does speak of the end of one cycle and the beginning of another
Negatively It speaks of delays, You may have to go over some work again or you may stuck and unable to move forward again this is only a general meaning
Whether it means something good or bad would depend on surrounding cards

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:19 pm

the world is a completion of a cycle. depending on the conclusion this could be good or bad, however you can not initiate a new cyle without the ending of one so in essence there cannot really be a negative connotation. it can also be read as conclusion, for example a period where all experience comes together and is made whole or the conclusion of a period of study.

your will find there are no bad cards within the tarot. they simply relate to an experience which is a reflection of your or a querants life. any card can have a negative connotation.

xmeli

Post by xmeli » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Ohhh I see thanks for explaining guys!

So the world card could have a negative connotation depending on the context right?
How could it have like I don't know a negative connotation , let's say, for example regarding to friendship?

Since it would mean the ending of a friendship cycle? Well the ending of a friendship I guess?

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:03 pm

No! I don't agree, to me The World is a fantastic and positive card to get in any reading. All positive :)

Card 21 The Fool has reached the end of his journey through the major arcana, abundance, fulfilment, happiness on an enormous scale, contentment, achievement and serenity :)  

For a friendship depending on the position within the spread and the joining cards, it could signify a long lasting, sustaining and enduring  relationship :)

George

Post by George » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:57 pm

Lady of Avalon wrote:No! I don't agree, to me The World is a fantastic and positive card to get in any reading. All positive :)

Card 21 The Fool has reached the end of his journey through the major arcana, abundance, fulfilment, happiness on an enormous scale, contentment, achievement and serenity :)  

For a friendship depending on the position within the spread and the joining cards, it could signify a long lasting, sustaining and enduring  relationship :)
in the my deck the Fool is just beginning of his journey where as the The World is like his ending.  all around person and/or choosing paths and such, etc...

for the original question The World a positive card in reading even with some negativity around it (so has been my experiences in readings) .
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

xmeli

Post by xmeli » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:33 am

Thank you all for explaining and giving me your point of view.

Return to “Tarot”